Mormons Slam Calendar's Missionary Position

7/10/2008 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Who knew a bunch of shirtless Mormon hunks could lead to so much drama?! Don't get your magic underwear in a bunch!
Mormon Docs: Click to read
TMZ has obtained a letter sent to Chad Hardy, the Mormon creator of the steamy Men on a Mission calendar, by the LDS church -- threatening disfellowship or excommunication for "conduct unbecoming a member." Coincidence? Chad thinks not.

Hot Mormons: Click to launchHardy tells TMZ he believes he's being targeted for the 12-monther -- but admits he doesn't attend church meetings or pay his tithing. He also believes his repentance will include closing up shop on the calendar, which he ain't ready to do. Save me Joseph Smith!

For their part the Church refuses to comment on the whole thing, "out of respect for the member himself."

We're guessing they won't like his next idea either -- Mormon Muffins: A Taste of Motherhood.

UPDATE: On July 13, Chad Hardy was officially excommunicated for "conduct unbecoming a member of the church."

Jimmy

The LDS Church never seems to learn that by taking action against it's members for little crap like this makes them look more bizarre and give the person free publicity.

Cubs2009

"Pearls before swine," people. It's obvious that some people are on here to simply spread misinformation or to try to justify their own sinful lifestyles. The information on these comments about what occurs in the temple is just laughable. The comment about finding the truth about the church by reading from anti-Mormon websites makes about as much sense as asking a disgruntled ex-wife about her ex-husband's positive qualities. All I can say is I am thrilled to be a member of the LDS church (which is not the FLDS church). I willingly give 10% of my income because God commands it (see the Bible), it helps the needy, and I'm blessed by doing so. I attend the temple to obtain about 2 hours of peace from the hectic world and to make sacred covenants with my Father in Heaven. I've been to Catholic masses where I felt they were more ritualized that what occurs in an LDS temple. And no one has ever asked about the details of my sex life in any church interview I've ever had.

At any rate, this is the way it's supposed to be. As time goes on, this "peculiar people" will seem more and more peculiar in the eyes of the world. Let's just leave the religion bashing alone for a while. This guy (remember the story??) deserves to be tried and counseled by his church leaders. If he's disfellowshipped or ex'd, he'll be welcomed back with open arms when he's ready to make positive changes. None of us are perfect -- I know I'm not. Can we just play nice for a while?

Shelby

Do what you want. We all have free agency. Just don't don't bring the church into it. He even admits not being an active "Mormon". Why use the name in your Calendar? Publicity is all. He is playing the church and the public. The church is asking for the meeting out of respect for him and the church.

And y'all should learn about "Mormons" from Mormons. Not haters or the Media.

Would you get info on how to fix your car from someone who hates cars?

Take Care,

radio guy

Another graduate of Bang'Em Young University

AHHHH!!

I am not Mormon and find the morman people to be very nice and have high morals. But I dont agree at all with there teachings. When I started researching Mormonism I did look at all the anti sites but then I thought it wasnt fair. So I began researching them at the source, Asking actual mormons about there beliefs and why they believed such ideas. I dont need to go to anti sites to KNOW that Mormonism is FALSE.
Just a couple of beliefs about them to convince me that they are completely blind, is that they belive that God was an exalted man. And that the garden of Eden was in Missouri, USA.
These are just two small beliefs of them. I can never ever believe something that the bible doesnt teach. If the book of Mormon contridicts the Bible, NOPE, I cant belive. I cant have blind faith and thats what Mormons have. they pray to find the truth and receive answers from the holy spirit, but its not enough. Even the bible says to prove everything. Praying and "feeling" its the truth IS NOT TRUTH.

p.s. Mormon missionaries are hot.

Anita

Um Catholic masses are open to the public, Mormon temples are not , and for good reason.

Mormons are afraid to let others see the rituals because they know very well that secret handshakes and death oaths will not endear them to the public.

You DO wear secret underwear, and you DO practise secret rituls and secret marriage - so Why are you acusing people of lying when they talk openly about it.

And don't give us your sacred vs secret crap. Mormonism is fighting like crazy to keep its cancerous organism alive and to keep its true history from the members and the public.
They intimidate members who dare to question or speak out.

Yah, like the true church of Christ would really operate in such a slimy manner. Get real.

SickMan

I was told that if you are a good Mormon, you can become a god and rule over your own planet with your wife when you die. Can any Mormons on this site confirm or deny this?
Thanks guys.

Jordan

Glad to hear you love your fellow man. You seem to be carrying a burden on your back. Perhaps you are the one who needs to change, not the mormon religion, you biased and hateful man.

Kate

.... to # 63 - "me"

Yes, that's true.. but that is if you attain the highest level of heaven... there are, I believe, 3 levels... and the planet thing, yeah - kinda like Scientology. And the sacred undergarments have embroidery on them meaning different things... truly, weirdly bizarre!

Mormon Girl

Hey, people have the agency to choose what they want to do with their lives. I don't care what religion you are, if you make COVENANTS or PROMISES to anyone, you should keep them (especially when you make thm to God). Let's not forget that people who make these promises do so by their OWN CHOICE. If this guy broke his promises, he should be given a chance to tell his side and the church will explain their side. It's not a witch hunt.

What I want to know is why he gave this letter to TMZ? SO TACKY!!!!!! This is really private. My thoughts: 1) To promote himself! or 2) Try to purposely make the church look bad and make him a victim (whatever dude, if this guy chose to break his covenants, what does he expect).

SickMan

Thanks for the info Kate. Yes it is truly, wierdly bizzare.
I'll trust the bible. It was finished before the Book Of Mormon and it has not changed over the years. The dead sea scrolls and thousands of parchments confirm this.

Anita

If Mormons don't live in fear -

Don't show up at church for a couple of Sundays and see what happens

-Show open sympathy toward gay/lesbian causes and see what happens

- Refuse to pay tithes and see how your "nice" church reacts

-Dare to question anything and see what happens

-Insist on justice when a socalled leader wrongs you and see what happern

-Tell them that you refuse to clean the chapel and that the church makes enough in tithes and fferings to hire janitors

- Question the wisdom of the church spending $2.5 Billion+ dollars on the new SLC mall while telling its a members to make do or do without

- Wonder loudly why the church would need a new luxury resort on Hawaii's North shore

- In fact, question why the church would build "affordable housing for leaders" in scenic Hawaii at all - while most regular members cannot afford to go there.

You already KNOW the answers to all of this. If you question the leaders, you will be labled "negative" and ostracized, and people will show up uninvited/nannounced at your doorstep at all hours.

You can call it a church all you want but most sane people would call Mormonism a CULT.

Anita

Mormonism was founded on forgery, the Occult, and fraught. To this day it is nothing but a pyramid scheme.

RUN from nice Mormons. They're nice because they want something from you - your free labor and your money.

Biodredd

Well, I've had the pleasure of making a number of Morman friends in the last 15 years when I moved to Missouri. After visiting and eventually living in their home for a time I can say this. Mormon's are no better or worse then any other group of people out there. They all do things they shouldn't do like drink coffee (a caffenated beverage) or smoke (a real no-no) and they fight and argue like everyone else.

The LDS church likes to put on a bold front, but they are basically jst like any other organized religion. They have good and bad. Some members make calenders of half nude men, and others run bars and strip clubs and some just like to farm or sell cars. Not terribly sinful, but also not the picture perfect members and I'm sure they haven't sent litters of excommunication to them.

Oh well...

Beth

#55.... you're obviously quite misinformed. The Church does not teach that stuff about sex. At least, not in those detail. Sure, any kind of sexual activity outside of marriage is considered immoral, but that's about it. Well, except for the part where I was always taught that sex was to be reserved for marriage and is an essential part of a healthy, happy marriage. We're supposed to enjoy it, and I don't know where you got all those other ideas, but it's just not true. There are a lot of cultural ideas out there that some members seems to cling to as doctrine, but it's just a bunch of tall tales.