Newsroom Cafe: I Smell a Rat

7/10/2008 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Someone should have told celeb eatery the Newsroom Cafe that vermin burgers are sooo two days ago.

The trendy Robertson Blvd. restaurant -- where we've seen tons of big name stars eat -- has just gone from "needing to replace a fridge," to shutting down for a day for "repairs," to being closed due to a freakin' vermin infestation!

The vermin ain't their only problem, because as we reported on Monday, they also had gnats in bar glasses, paint chipping off counters and mold in one of their freezers.

COMMENTS

lol

Wish it would have killed Paris...

SeanB

This couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people. I used to be a big fan of the Newsroom. I would eat there all the time. I'd sit at the counter and do a soup and salad lunch while I thumbed through a NY Post. Their grilled artichoke was to die for. One day, my wife and I got a to go order and when we got home she noticed the artichoke we ordered was really small. It was laughable small so she called them up and complained to the manager. The manager said there was nothing she could do because artichokes were out of season. She wouldn't comp us or make good the next time around. She was very arrogant about the whole episode. We stopped going there. I do miss that chicken burger of theirs though. Hopefully, there wasn't any vermin grinded up in that patty.

Bug Off

It's about time! The last meal I had there--nearly a year ago--ended early when I found a large roach in my rice. Granted, it was dead, but I didn't order steamed bugs for dinner. And the worst part was, it didn't seem to shock or stun the wait staff, nor did a manager come over to apologize.

This place should basically be gutted and reopened as something else, because I don't think I can ever eat there again.

bob

THE IVY RESTAURANT IS JUST ACROSSED THE STREET,,,,BETTER CHECK THE IVY TOO,,,,BIG RATS CAN WALK ACROSSED THE STREET TO THE IVY

Hairy_Yambag

That place always 'felt' nasty, I didn't eat the food there and drank beer from a bottle.

JM

Death to Jizzreal

Media whores

It's good enough for celebs... I don't see a problem here.

Now it's time to say goodbye....

Hasn't anybody seen Ratatouille?!? "Remember Remi...anyone can cook!" LOL...........

larryagain?

Not surprised and Karma finally caught up with them. The customer service stinks - the attitudes at this place stinks even more. The owner doesn't care about anything but money. I hope people learn a lesson from this...they are ONLY CLEANING UP BECAUSE THEY GOT CAUGHT. That place has been dirty since it opened. The last time I ate there was the last time I would ever eat there. It will happen again with the Newsroom. STAY AWAY.

TMZ FAN

I hate there the other day and got SICK .. I hope they never re open .. It's just NASTY ..

Ida Clair

Just goes to show that just because a celebrity hangs out there, doesn't make it good.

sarahsailor

What a fabulous location, and it will be a complete waste of assets to let this place go foul. I have worked in numerous restaurants, and pest control/ customer safety was a priority.Profit margin does not matter when you are shut down.

OgleOodles

Yuck! Nasty.... I guess, no more Crappy Patties!!! LOL

Just Me2

TMZ: Please make my day by posting pics of celebrities eating at the Newsroom (when it WAS open)!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

CyberCritic

A vermin infestation? Hmmm...does Harvey and his TMZ twinks eat there....?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments