Tony Snow Loses Cancer Battle

7/12/2008 9:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tony Snow: Click to watch!Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary, has died after a long battle with colon cancer. He was 53.

A written statement from President Bush stated, "Laura and I are deeply saddened by the death of our dear friend -- America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character."

Snow died at 2 a.m. Saturday in Washington, D.C.

Kelli

Condolences to his family.

LongJohn69

What a guy! Class all the way.

Strawberrygirl

RIP.... Tony Snow... and shame on you TMZ... you highly publicize when a liberal media persons death occurs... but when it comes to a good Christian man.... you slip it in where no one actually sees it. This was a story... worth moving forward... unlike some of your other choices.

Bandolero

He was the only conservative pundit I had any respect for. He did it with pizzaz. Its a loss for this country. Hopefully he is in a better place.

SuzieQ

What a shame, he seemed like such a really nice guy. Rest in peace Tony, you are now safe in heaven and suffering no more. God bless.

judy

Shame on you for shoving the story of Tony Snow to the end of the column. I send my condolences to his family. I am a 66 year old grandmother and had the biggest crush on Tony. He will be missed by everyone in my family.

sickofperverts

What a great guy! My condolences to his family,Fox Family, and to his Whitehouse Family.
What a strong devoted man!

sickofperverts

So true Strawberrygirl! I agree 100%

John Denver Rules

absolutely Strawberry girl- well said. God bless Tony Snow he was always my favorite, he seemed like such a nice guy.

parishilton

he seemed like a rather nice and charming guy. he died at far too young an age, which is always a tragedy.

that said, he was complicit in the lies told to the world about Iraq, torture, outing a CIA agent, and the list goes on.

vincenzo jimmy caprino

What a loss to our county. first Tim Russert, our buffalo home town icon and now we loose Tony Snow, a very decent and honorable man and journalist. What a shame, but the Man Upstairs calls some of the best before we would want to loose them. RIP and condolences to Tony's family.

Jemba

God Bless him and his family. He had such a positive outlook on life. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and children.

Mik

TMZ did the right thing .The Left-wing trolls would have only desecrated the the story if it spent to mush time on the page.RIP Tony

David Cannon

Tony Snow was a class act. Period. The best. But for his bad health he could have been a great asset to the Republicans later on in life. Needless to say he never drank the Obama Koolaid.

dansgirl

Tony Snow was a class act. I don't think there is another one like him in Washington.
I would think that he and Tim Russert are in heaven discussing politics.
What a shame to lose two great ones. Perhaps from different political aspects, I thought they were both gentlemen and very likable personalities.
May God bless his soul and give him peace forever.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments