Sheriff to Nick -- Your Trap's An Open Book

7/15/2008 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Hogan and his folks want all his jailhouse whinin' and cryin' kept under wraps, but the sheriff says they can shove it -- i.e., in full view of the world.

The Pinellas County Sheriff says that jailhouse calls are public records and that Nick can't expect any privacy within the jail. They say the records are "non-confidential" and that there's no special treatment for anyone. Even if your grandma makes homoerotic jokes about hot dogs.

TMZ obtained 26 hours of Nick's phone calls and rolled out some of the real howlers, including a ridiculous suggestion that God was punishing victim John Graziano, convos about Nick's reality show, and Granny's infamous d*** joke.

The Hogans had sued last month to stop the release of the tapes.

Black Prince

LET BUBBA IN THE CELL WITH HE WILL SHUT THAT WHINER UP. THE NERVE OF THESE MORONS THE POOR GUY HE ALMOST KILLED WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN AND THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT PHONE CALL`S LOCK THE WHOLE FAMILY UP......

gazoo

One year ago today John Graziano was a strong, able young man with a beautiful fiancee and a bright future ahead of him. Little did John know that a mere 6 weeks later, his whole future would be mapped out in a way that would devastate his family and ensure he would never be able to have the capability to think back on better times ever again. John Graziano did not have a say in how his future would play out and it would be Nick pulling the strings. I might have pitied Nick in prison, as he is a young man who did a horrible wrong and were it my own daughter, who is Nick's age, I would hope people would have some senstitivity and compassion. I'm glad we have the opportunity to listen to those tapes, because where before I might have hoped for leniency, I now know Nick and his parents have no ethics or morals. They have no compassion or empathy for the young man they damaged and the family left behind, so why should I have compassion or empathy for Nick?

allison

these people suck and should not be allowed on tv! Sick of the Hogans period.

TCurry

They are so full of themselves. I am so sick of the Hogan family. They all ought to be ashamed of themselves.

S Alexis

I Don't agree with anyone if they say it's John fault. Poor judgement to get into a car driven by Nick yes but this is all Nick's fault and he needs to pay the consequences. It also doesn't seem like he is the least bit remorseful of what he has done to his friend. Don't feel at all sorry for Nick maybe more time in jail will make him become more mature and responsible.

Wendy-is-on-her-way-to-jail

Sorry, but I still don't think that any conversations made by inmates should be public record. If they are taped and monitored, I have no problem with that. But the tapes and monitoring should be done by law enforcement and only available to law enforcement for purposes of protecting other prisoners and ongoing investigations into criminal activities.
Posted at 11:43AM on Jul 15th 2008 by OCD
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess you'll just have to deal with the fact that your personal preferences about jailhouse conversations don't correspond with the laws in Florida. If this really bothers you, and if you live there, you should write to your State Representative and try to get the laws changed. Or if voter initiatives are legal in Florida, you could start a petition drive to get a measure on the ballot during the next statewide election in order to change that law.

Or you could go get yourself arrested in Florida, make some phone calls from jail, have someone get copies of them, and then hire a lawyer to challenge this. If your attorney is good and if you're persistent, you can challenge this all the way up to the Supreme Court, if necessary.

CO

I HATE THE HOGANS...I WISH THEM ALL POVERTY AND DAMNATION

Emeraldsrgreat

And they are worried about their conversations being released to the "public" ?? God hears everything anyways and that's all that matters.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3