Happy Birthday Nick: Welcome to Big People Jail

7/22/2008 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Turning 18 has its benefits -- you get to vote, you can join the Army, and, if you're Nick Bollea, you get transferred to the adult section of jail.

Bollea, who has been housed with other juveniles at Pinellas County Jail, will be moved to the adult portion of the facility on Sunday, aka his 18th birthday. It's an open dormitory type of setting where he'll be in close contact with other adult inmates. The inmates are either awaiting sentencing or have already been sentenced in cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies.

The only way this won't go down is if a judge orders otherwise. He'll be released sometime in October.

Tonia

I don't understand why he can't stay in the Juvenile detention center, the one i know of which is in a different state. If sentenced while a minor stay in the juvenile one till they are of age 21. So is this normal for where they are or just to set an example? I mean yes bad things happened I am aware of and i am not going to post my whole opinion because that would probably just annoy all of you. Lets just leave it at this in Japan if you are caught drunk driving, not only you but every single person in the car will get the same punishment as the driver for making that CHOICE to get in the car and not stop the driver from driving. IT IS VERY SAD WHEN SOME ONE GET HURT BECAUSE OF BAD CHOICES.

jackschitt

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeeee, now I take up the hi-ney!

dan

Well it is only a matter of time until Brooke is plugged and now it is nicks turn too bad linda and the whole family is,nt in there with nick then they could all get some thing to keep their mouths shut and they could kiss all that lavish living goodbye for the real world and all that goes with it hey maybe they could move in with tricia walsh smith in her cardboard box if there is enough room for brookes kids and nicks boyfriend big bubba

sassy

IM SO SICK OF READING ABOUT DROPPING THE SOAP. GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!!!
EVERYONE IS HATING BECAUSE JOHN IS MILITARY OR WAS . IF HE WAS JUST A NORMAL KID NONE OF YOU WOULD BE TALKING ALL THIS BS ABOUT HIM . THE KID IS PAYING THE PRICE !! JOHN KNEW HE WAS GONNA RACE . HE WAS THE ADULT AND HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER AND WORN HIS SEAT BELT OR NOT EVEN GET IN THE CAR. HES 23 AND NICK WAS 16 I THINK. WHY DOES A 20 SOMETHING WANNA HANG OUT WITH A TEEN ANYWAYS???? BECAUSE HES A HOGAN??
LEAVE THIS KID ALONE . ENOUGH ALREADY. YOU PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY BEAT HIM UP SO LEAVE IT ALONE AND I'M SURE YOU SO CALLED PERFECT PEOPLE HAVE NEVER RACED BEFORE???? WELL I HAVE . I SHOULDN'T HAVE BUT I DID. THANK GOD NOTHING BAD HAPPENED . I ALSO HEARD JOHN WAS THE ONE WHO BOUGHT THE ALCOHOL !!!

SO GIVE IT A RESTTTTT! LET THE COURTS DEAL WITH IT . NICK ISN'T A BAD KID. HES JUST A TYPICAL TEENAGER AND I THINK HE SAID ALL THAT STUFF ON THE PHONE BECAUSE HE MIGHT BE AFRAID OF HIS DAD .
THIS IS JUST GETTING TO BE TO MUCH ,
HES GONNA COME OUT A TOUGH GUY ! AND HOPEFULLY WITH A GOOD HEART OR MAYBE HE MIGHT END UP IN A MENTAL WARD BECAUSE I'M SURE HES GOING THROUGH HELL. AND I'M SURE HIS FRIEND WOULDNT LIKE ALL THIS TALK ABOUT NICK EITHER.

FlBiker

Nick is functionally retarded. Cannot communicate effectively with adults, grasp complex situations or learn from past experiences. Sadly he and his sister are the children of junkies and will always have learning disorders. Neither child could finish high school.

Karma's A B****!

Poor Nick, Guess he'll be the King of the Castle--or more likely the "Belle of the Ball" come Sunday. Actually, his new name should be Chef Nick, since he'll be tossing SOOOOOOOO many salads!! What goes around comes around and you need to pay for not only your terrible crime but also your HORRIFIC behavior (b*tching) since then. Where is YOUR concern for, empathy for and HELP for your unfortunate VICTIM?? SHAMEFUL!

sunny

thank God, it's time he pays the piper!
drop the soap nicky boy and face some reality, jail reality!!!!!!!
you should stay in jail for the same time your "friend" is in the hospital in his coma state.

sunny

time to pay the piper nicky.
please please drop the soap and face some reality, that's jail-reality.
you definitely should stay in jail for the same amount of time your crash friend is in the hospital.

hahahaha!

It's a week away, Nick will get some sort of protective housing (that I bet he will not fight this time) before he deals with one day in the general population.

nick hogan is a killer

Nick's a murderer and he needs to spend time in a real prison.

Rob

I hope he gets what he deserves: to share a cell with Bubba,

Observer

I can see it now....
'Comemere Nick, 'Wanna cry? Rest your head on my shoulder and let it all out Tell me a little about your sister, did you ever see her naked It's alright, let it all come out.....
RIP John, the universe has a way of making it all right in the end.
( No pun intended).

bigcap

Smell it...
Smell it...
Now Take IT!!!! Bitch!
No reality show for you.

Janice Roy

Actually. you can enlist in the army B4 you are 18 - with your parents signature.

HOLY CROCODILE

All of the brave people writing about the sex in jail have probably been there before and that is how they know the routine. How would you feel if everyone talked about you when you were in there? This kid can't help he was born in this family. If he hadn't been,you would never have heard about this accident. Quit being jealous and leave the guy alone. He is doing his time.