The City That Doesn't Sleep ... with Married People

7/24/2008 2:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Times Square has been hooker-free for years, but even legal sex is being run out of town.

AshleyMadison.com, the controversial dating site for married people, unveiled a new billboard in midtown Manhattan on Monday. But after receiving a deluge of complaints, the sign, which was supposed to run for six weeks, was taken down faster than Eliot Spitzer.

New York can be a hard city to stay up in.

the loser

WTF

me

seriously?? glad I don't live in NY!

kk

WHAT IS THE POINT OF GETTING MARRIED IF YOU'RE GOING TO CHEAT? IF YOU AREN'T STRONG ENOUGH TO BE FAITHFUL, DO NOT GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR, GET A DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN GET MARRIED?!?!?!?!?!!!?!

I HATE PEOPLE

NYC4EVER

I live in NYC and was highly offended that they even had the nerve to put something like that up inTime Square no less l! That area is HEAVILY populated with tourist and children....it was just inappropriate however you cut it.

Brattus Rattus

Man, NY really gets the controversial ads. This one and the one that the Muslims want to put in the subways (that will run through the anniversary of 9/11) are very touchy subjects.

And people this us folks in California are strange. ;-)

OCD

What the hell? A dating service for married people? I can't get my brain twisted around that one. It's not often that the things people do surprise or confound me, but I sit here.....confounded.

cj

Does this brain cell challenged company restrict to couples without children? How can the founder's sleep at night?

stop the madness

post 3 I agree I get called negative cause I dont agree with the way people act to day.nothing sacred any more.

Brattus Rattus

OCD -

Go to Craigslist and there are all kinds of ads that say "Married - Looking for discreet relationship...etc.".

That's a free site vice what AshleyMadison.com might be charging.

Karen

I agree with #5 wholeheartedly. Dating sites for married people are nothing new. Everyone knows you can go online and find a sex partner on any number of sites. ADVERTISING that site--on a BILLBOARD, no less--is tactless and in poor judgement. I understand the site needs to drum up more business so that they can make money, but PLEASE! That's a DISGRACE!

alreadybad

More evidence that too many people in charge have more power than their little brains can handle, thus witness the further decline of western civilization being pushed by idiots.

wife of 23 years

i can not believe this is even for real! im shocked and annoyed. If you need to cheat why are you married? I just dont get it!

Brattus Rattus

This is probably a call girl service.

Jennifa O Jenny

So completely trashy - glad they took it down. What is this world coming to...

colin

BREAKING NEWS!!!! Men cheat on their wives. And no. 12, Lisa, how do I get in touch with you?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments