"Last Lecture" Professor Has Died

7/25/2008 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carnegie Mellon professor turned "Last Lecture" Internet sensation Randy Pausch has died. He was 47.

Last September, Pausch's "Last Lecture" speech -- which was actually called "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" -- became a viral phenomenon and was even retold in its entirety on Oprah.

Pausch had been battling pancreatic cancer and passed away early this morning. He is survived by his wife and three children.

who cares

What a big loss , this man was truly remarkable in all he did, may God watch over his family during these sad times, I am sure he is giving another lecture in heaven with all the angels gathered around to listen. This man showed more courage and spirit than anyone I have known or heard of. I am sure he has touched many people in his life time, Rest in peace Randy, you were one fantastic man. and will be missed greatly.

Jackie

Oddly enough I just just Randy's book yesterday (it was passed along from my sister who loved it) and I am so sad to hear this news. Randy has been an inspiration to many and has helped me to realize my own personal goals and if I really want to achieve them, nothing stands in the way! I will never forget his beautiful inspriing book!

My prayers are with his family and friends...

Sunny

Today the world has lost a wonderful man. Randy Paucsh. My hearfelt Condolensces to Jai, Dylan, Logan and Chloe. Randy would have given everything to be able to grow old with Jai and raise his kids. He taught us how to be grateful for all that we have and not to complain about the small stuff. He was an inspiration. I saved his last lecture on my DVR, His interview with Oprah and I buy his book as a gift to all. We need to all learn how to live in the moment and live it gracefully. I am only sorry to say that I never had the honor and the pleasure to meet him in person, but I will mourn his death as friend would. May you memory live on forever through your children.

ThatsCrazy

I heard about this guy on the radio this morning so I went to youtube to check out his "Last Lecture", WOW how inspiring.

You have left quite a legacy for your family and the world.

I bet you are living VR in the afterlife!

Harriet

So sorry for his loss. May he rest in peace.

Amybaby76

Wow...when I watched this man - it was hard for me to breathe. He was so moving. It is a great loss...

My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.

Your MOM

God Bless. Only the good die young.

southernyankee

It is so nice to see all these positive comments about a man that was truly admired by all. I am sure God received him with open arms and he is at peace. God bless his family. I know what it is to loose someone young and also to have small children. Time will help but you never forget.

give me a break

God be with his family during this time!

Donna

This man was an inspiration to so many and will be missed. God bless his wife and 3 children and may they grow up to know what a wonderful, inspirational, fighter their dad was! Rest in Peace!

R.I.P.

Godspeed Randy...Godspeed!! Keep those Angels busy!!

chincho

He is a great soul, was a great man...He inspired me and I believe so many others...

InspiredByRandy

I'm so sorry to hear of Randy's death. He was a great man who inspired millions. He will be missed, but never forgotten. God bless him and his family.

VenomousNinja

God... That's sad...
He really deserved to live.

Karen in Maryland

My prayers are with this family...He was and always be a inspiration to of all us and mainly his children who will see that lecture and will be so proud of him... May God bless his family and all of his friends....