Britney -- Saner, But Still....

7/30/2008 7:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In case you read otherwise, sources tell us Britney's conservatorship will definitely not end tomorrow.

There are reports Britney Spears will become a free woman tomorrow when lawyers for the conservatorship go to court to announce their intentions. Well here are their intentions. They will ask the judge to continue the conservatorship until the fall. We hear it may last until the end of the year.

Jamie Spears won't be in court. The lawyers will deal with bookkeeping stuff in chambers, but that's it.

Meri

#18--me-- Jamie gave up a Catering Business to help Britney. If he didn't,there would not have been much hope for her.
She was behaving awful,before he stepped in. He really makes her "tow the line"

2087 days ago

debeers

she's their money mak'n honeypot.........they'e got all their duck's in a row, she works, works, works, deadbeat is the paid nanny number 1 with backup 2 and 3.......dad's got his house now, bro's the main manager, and mom shops tiill she drops on honeypots dime too. By the end of the year she'll be just a robot and they own her, work, work, work for the deadbeat and the freeloaders......

2087 days ago

me

The article below is from Fox News re her brother Bryan and the missing money from the Trust....and this is well before Sam even meets her so you can't blame him...it was Bryan in charge of this money....it's the tax return for 2006.

Britney Spears is in the red, and I don’t mean lipstick or anything sexy.

Her Britney Spears Foundation has a deficit — nearly $200,000 to be precise.

The foundation’s Form 900 tax filing has just arrived, and it shows that Spears came up short $195,445 for the year 2006.

Total revenue was $148,614. But total expenses came to $344,063.

Another $50,000 was listed as a contribution for Britney’s summer camp for kids — although no one seems to know what’s happened to the camp, where it is, or what kids attend it — if any.

Then there’s a big chunk — $214,930 — that’s annotated as miscellaneous grants. Unfortunately, none of those grants is specified. In 2005, the Spears Foundation gave away nearly $600,000 to a variety of arts and AIDS groups and New Orleans relief efforts as well as $30,000 to the Kabbalah Center in Los Angeles.

The 2006 tax return is signed by an accountant in Tennessee. Britney’s older brother Bryan, age 30, signed the return in his role as president on Dec. 1, 2007.

The woman who answered the phone at the Tennessee CPA’s office had no comment and couldn’t answer where Spears’ money had gone or whether the summer camp was still in business.

2087 days ago

Party 'till you die!

So if all of you that think Jamie is robbing her blind, then just who
do you think will watch over her and how much do you think it would
really cost? Or do you think that he needs to drop whatever he is
doing in life to watch her 24/7, to protect her from her own idiotic
self, and he should just bite the bullet and do it for free? If left
to her own devices, she would probably blow more than $2,500 per
night just doing rails of coke, not to mention whatever other messes
she is capable of getting herself into. Maybe you think the court can
get someone independent, like Sam Lutfi, to watch over her cash?
People spend this much and more just keeping people safe (?) in
nursing homes. What's your answer? Cut the idiot loose and just let
her do whatever stupid thing she will do? I cannot stand this idiot,
but even I can see that since Jamie's been around, she is not as
nasty as she was when she was doing whatever her own lack of brain
suggested. You people are fools and paranoid if you think that this
is just another scam! Try looking up the costs of complete adult
care, with total management of all affairs and get back to me with
that figure. If a parent won't do it, then who?

2087 days ago

just me

Has anyone ever thought that maybe she wants to extend the conservatorship herself? Maybe she feels like it is the best thing for her right now to make sure she is still on the path of recovery. She could fight it if she wanted to, but apparently she doesn't. Maybe she knows that her Dad being around is the best thing for her right now, and she is in agreement to the extension.

2087 days ago

Myname

There seems to be so much negativity towards Britney's dad. From what I've read, her dad had a legitimate job in Las Vegas. He worked and did not live off Britney but had to give that job up because he can not live and work in Las Vegas and look after Britney in Los Angeles on a consistant basis. So what if he gets paid for a little time until she gets better. He has sole conservatorship over HER, not her money...a lawyer as well as her dad look over he estate. That girl has always needed her family, who I feel were not very consistant in her life while she was out making millions. It is almost like she is able to now have the childhood she never had...where the parents raise the child and not the child being out all over the world working 19 hrs a day. I wish she would get out of L.A. and move to Iowa so when she has the kids...she is out of the limelight.

2087 days ago

me

34. She could fight it if she wanted to, but apparently she doesn't.

Posted at 10:43PM on Jul 30th 2008 by just me

She's not allowed to fight it...just about a month ago the Court again ruled that she was not fit to participate/take part in the legal proceedings. She is still not allowed her own lawyer, but has to pay for everyone else's and for the court appointed donkey who is so happy to be on her gravy train that we haven't heard him argue for his client even once, despite cashing a $10 000/week pay cheque from daddy spears.

2087 days ago

me

33. You people are fools and paranoid if you think that this
is just another scam! Try looking up the costs of complete adult
care, with total management of all affairs and get back to me with
that figure. If a parent won't do it, then who?

Posted at 10:21PM on Jul 30th 2008 by Hmm?

I don't think we are fools and paranoid...I think you are naive.

You look this one up for me,....how many conservatees are being signed by their father to perform contracts to make records, pimp gyms & t-shirts, appear on tv shows etc, and all their earnings are going to daddy, brother and the
new entourage? Jamie is also paying all sorts of lawyers (at least 8) out of Brit's money. One is on a permanent $10 000/week which pa seems happy to pay, as long as the guy doesn't actually do his job and fight for his daughter...if that happens, daddy will want a new court appointed.

And all that money to the family law lawyers for her custody case (which if her father cared about her, he would have made that her top priority instead of a new album) and then her father decides to just give KFed the kids anyhow. No doubt KFed is enjoying his increase in child support that pa spears agreed to also.

Do you really think your average carer is paid $2500/week, plus board, extravagant holidays, meals and a Cadillac Escalade???

2087 days ago

me

Posted at 10:55PM on Jul 30th 2008 by Myname

Maybe you missed it, but her daddy gave the kids to KFed...he wants her to make money for him and didn't want the kids to be her top priority.

As for this, "when she has the kids"....not going to happen. KFed would have to mess up very very big time for her to get the kids back now....courts don't just suddenly change which parent has full time custody, no matter what spin her pa and lawyers are putting on it.

2087 days ago

me

Pa Spears is nothing but a bankrupt, drunken mooch who is exploiting his daughter.

The man is such a loser, she had to pick him up out of the ditch just 3 years ago and pay for him to go to rehab...then she gave him money to buy a restaurant, which he couldn't manage and it went under within a year. She also had her falling out with him over the restaurant as he promised investors she would appear 3 times a week there without first asking her.

I love the old rolling stone article where pa spears is showing off the cadillac that brit bought him (she was still a teenager) to the rolling stone reporter. Pa Spears was apparently never able to hold down a job due to his alcoholism and that is why the family was declared bankrupt. Bryan Spears was unemployed when he got his gig managing his sis' money. Which, by the way, ought to be investigated given the 1/4 million missing from the trust from 2006 (that he was in charge of).

2087 days ago

Party 'till you die!

2086 days ago

me

40. Ok, cut her loose! See what happens. I'd actually like to see it happen myself. You all think that she is sane. I guess Dave knows so much more than doctors and judges do. And if she is truly incompetent, as has been ruled multiple times now, who should run her life? $2500 is cheap compared to the supposed $750k she gets a month.

Posted at 12:24AM on Jul 31st 2008 by Hmm?

do the maths...if she gets $750/month, half goes to tax, another 100+ to all the lawyers and daddy each month, another chunk to KFed, car for her, her staff, her daddy, chaperones, bodyguards, doctors, houses etc etc. He is spending more than she is making and that is why he's trying to work her harder.

Do you really not think she would have been better off taking some time off, getting away and dropping out of the pic for awhile, work on her mental health and parenting skills, or do you really think topless pools at the Mirage, pimping gyms and record contracts were the key to her getting better and she didn't need a rest or the kids?

2086 days ago

Party 'till you die!

Um, now you're trying to put words in my mouth or something like that. She chose to engage and continue these fights to a large degree and I seriously doubt she will lay low on trying to stay out of court for long. I think she is a fool to have chosen the priorities she seems to have chosen, which resulted in losing guardianship of both her kids and herself. Then, when it seems like it might be a good idea to focus on those two things, she does the exact opposite. It's all about focus and priorities. I bought a new house under the false sense of job security and my company folded unexpectedly catching everyone by surprise. I ate a few baloney sandwiches, chilled out on extravagant spending, relaxed, and found another job that I enjoy. No problem. I treated it as a low budget, partial vacation. Perhaps Brit needs to eat a few figurative baloney sandwiches and figure out what really matters. If I had addiction and mental health problems, rehab would be looked upon by me as a working vacation. Then I would have gotten my kids back at any cost. But that's just me.

2086 days ago

Me, myself and I

Larry, her manager, has been quoted as saying that she isn't always working when she goes to the studio. Some times she just hangs out, and only "works" when she feels like it. She's trying to figure out who and where she is, right now. There isn't anyone pushing her to get out there and make the big bucks. She's just dabbling for the time being.

Gee, I remember the same posters claiming that her father was putting her out on a world wide tour back in March. There was no truth in that, and there is no truth now in what they're saying.

Britney needs tons of therapy on how to deal with her day-to-day life. I think she should have gotten this in a closed situation, out of public view, but it seems that she would not agree to that for her own reasons.

To those of you who claim that her family members are using her for their financial gain, I say that they are doing the best they can do with a woman who can't accept she has serious mental problems.

2086 days ago

me

Posted at 1:53AM on Jul 31st 2008 by Hmm?

I completely agree with your statement...I would do the same. Unfortunately daddy decided to call rudolph instead of rehabs and the next thing you know she's working on a new record etc etc. I think rehab was the place for her....like so many others....sadly when the conservatorship ends, it seems to me she hasn't changed a bit and it will be the same old thing....whereas if he'd sent her to rehab instead of a recording studio, and he of course had that option, she would have had a chance when the conservatorship ends...but he wouldn't have gotten 2500/week and a cadillac escalade if he'd done that, and frankly, I think he got all caught up in the money, and the potential for money for him (his talk about opening a new restaurant with KFed) and could have cared less about Brit's future...he only cares about his own.

2086 days ago