L'Oreal/Beyonce

Whitewash

8/6/2008 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Unless she just got vitiligo -- L' Oreal has some serious splaining to do about its bleached out Beyonce ad!

0806_beyonce_side2side-1
The ad features a severely Photoshopped Beyonce -- almost unrecognizable. So the question ...

fired up

Also this is not just a black issue its so annoying that people keep saying thats someone in the black community always has to cry out racisim. This is an issue for skin tones. People always make comments to all nationalities about their skin tone. Whether its comments about someone being to pale and needing to catch some rays or someone being to dark and blending in with the night. I consistently hear these comments and they are offensive to any race. It is said that there is only a certain range of color that is accepted as beautiful when in all reality beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

People need to realize that YES THERE IS RACISM and anyone who does not believe so is very ignorant. But is this necessarily a case of racisim maybe maybe not. There have been so many blatantly obvious displays of racisim that get ignored but for some reason people are choosing this picture as an instigator of racial issues which i think is very ironic.

Liz

I like to get tan in the summertime. Is that insulting to white people ???

tlynn

Racism is a personal choice! Example: I am black, my mother hates white people, always has always will. I made the choice to cut her out of my life because it consumed hers. I wanted no parts of racism and never will. My father cheated and after divorcing my mom, married the woman he cheated with, whom was white. Both of my brothers married white as well as both sisters. We grew up in predominately all white neighborhoods and never experienced that type of racism. So of course, my siblings married what they new, what was familiar, and what they wanted. I have the most beautiful nieces, whom I love & would lay my life down for!!! To this day, she (my mother) is still the same, bitter, angry and hates the sight of a white person, even though it has cost her having relationships with her children and grandchildren, co-workers and friends. She is missing out on the best part of her life being a grandparent because of her hatred. Sad to say, but our lives are definitely so much better and loving without her in them. Racism is the deadliest poison known to mankind and yet it is still just as prevalent.

Marlon601

The fact of the matter is that you could doctor a picture of Beyonce to show her skin being green with yellow stripes and she would still be gorgeous. However, the people at l'Oreal are idiots for trying to f*&K with perfection in the first place.

Buster

Well, if she had a short afro dark skin would most people consder her to be as beautiful as she is?

Claire T.

Alia

145. Did anyone think to ask if whites were offended? I bet not.

Posted at 5:41PM on Aug 6th 2008 by Sues

What the hell would a white person be offended for? She clearly doesnt look white... Are you blind or dumb, or just wanted to make a comment? She looks like a light skinned black woman.. What the hell?

CosmoDude

I'm not surprised by this. For years women magazines would lighten the skin of black women to make it more appealing to their readers who predominately were and still are white and living in middle America (red states). Newsstands are big in the city like NYC, but Winn Dixie's and Harris Teeters like stores across the country display their magazines right there on the check out line. Unfortunately too dark is no good. Still, black is black, no lighting is going to change that.

In this case, It could be make-up that was evenetually photoshopped to remove the caked up look, but I'm pushing it.

Victims of photoshop include Beyonce, Toni Braxton, Halle Berry, Jada Pinkett...

Look around.

tlynn

Damned if you do, damned if you don't! Racism is a war NO ONE will win! The racism card is played by both black & white. Mostly for convenience which makes them both ignorant. For example, Obama's mother is white, father is black, that makes Obama black in anyone's eyes, black or white. Seal is black, Heidi is white, their kids are black in anyone's eyes. Automatically, they are labeled as black. WHY? Is it because the black gene is stronger, therefore the child darker? Or because the child is not white enough? Please explain this to me.

Alia

146. I don't see what the big deal is - how many black actresses, models, or singers do you see with their actual hair - none!! They all have wigs/hair pieces - including Beyonce - so they obviously don't respect their own God given attributes, so why should we? Come to think of it, I can't say that I ever see a black woman with her natural hair - even those just walking down the street. They all want to look white, and who really cares?

Posted at 5:49PM on Aug 6th 2008 by California 24

Wow.. You are a fool.. Where the hell do you live in Malibu? No one wants to be white.. I sure as hell dont. I love my looks, and from the way I get attention, so does every other race. Lol.. And I dont bleach my skin. Bleach my hair, or wear wigs.. And the reason a lot of Black women wear wigs are to preserve their hair from being damaged. If we all wore dreads and things like that, then we wouldnt look different as we do. So when White women dye their hair, are they trying to be someone else? Its sad how some ignoramus' lump all black people together..

Good grief!

Maybe she didn't get a spray tan that week. My guess is her real skin tone is somewhere in between those two pictures.

stopthepresses

Let's not lump all white people together either. There are MANY, MANY, MANY happy, pale, straight haired, white women, who don't tan, don't get lip or butt injections, and love their looks too. My daughter has the most beautiful long natural blonde straight hair - it reaches beyond the waistband of her jeans. We constantly get compliments on it. She doesn't dress like a slut, so we get only the "good" kind of attention, but she is very beautiful and I am very proud. We frankly couldn't be happier with our looks or our heritage or our lives.

Your Mom

Of course everyone who's BLACK thinks it's racist. Listen, it's no one's fault that black people look RETARDED with light colored hair. That's the only reason they did what they did. That also means it's time to stop wearing blonde weave.

Clark

You can't tell me L'Oreal was trying to turn Beyonce into a white girl. They sell hair products and were trying to enhance her hair BUT it lightened her skin, as well. Since they couldn't do it right, they should have pulled the ad but, really, I don't care if they make her green, or that I still don't know how to pronounce her name right, she is smokin' hot.

Nia

It really makes no difference. Who cares. All ads are exaggerated to lure in the consumer. Sometimes she looks darker, other times lighter.