PETA: Beheaded Man Tastes Just Like Chicken

8/7/2008 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETAOnly PETA can turn a human beheading -- and act of cannibalism -- into an animal rights issue.

A local paper in Manitoba, Canada -- where a Greyhound bus passenger was recently killed, beheaded and eaten -- has decided not to run an advertisement from PETA that equates that murder to the slaughter of animals.

PETA wrote on their blog, "While it isn't every day that a human is violently attacked and eaten by another human, it's worth noting that it is the norm for many people not to give any thought to the fact that restaurants are serving flesh that comes from innocents who were minding their own business before someone came after them with a knife."

Yeah, but steak tastes gooooood.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

TylerDurden

FIRST!?!?!?!
P.S. Yummm Black flesh! (gagging)

Kate

I hate PETA. I love animals and certainly am all for animal rights. But these people are nuts. N - U - T - S. How dare they use this tragedy to further their own agenda? That's sick.

DJ

Meat is murder.... Delicious, tasty murder.

fred

PETA's add is a little far fetched.....seriously, this is getting out of control.

Aurelia

THIS IS SICK AND TWISTED EVEN FOR PETA!

How DARE they turn a families suffering into an adverstisment for their own use?

A MAN DIED!!!!!! A MAN. A HUMAN BEING. SOMEONE'S SON.

Pathetic.

I am sick to my stomach from reading this.

Disgusted and Shocked

Well Peta, NOW I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. WHAT A PATHETIC GRASP FOR ATTENTION. I used to look up to you and your cause. NOT ANYMORE. YOU'RE DISGUSTING. WHAT A STUPID MOVE.

MN

As a Canadian I can emphatically say that PETA's advertisement is in very poor taste.

Baseball Junkie

That headline is ridiculous. Why do they think it's called "long pork" :-)

Go Sox

OCD

PETA has been out of control for years. Talk about terrorists.....

Lindsay

wait..someone ate a guy?

Wolf

P.E.T.A. is the biggest user of euthanasia on the planet! Do your research and you will find how many animals P.E.T.A. kills in the name of animal rights......P.E.T.A. is just another machine to get money from people!
Poor Pam Anderson...all these years and she don't even know who she really is working for
P.E.T.A. IS MURDER!

where's the rest?

I can't belive what I'm reading. I live an hour from where this happened. The boy who was stabbed was a 22 yr old boy! What right does TMZ have to make a joke out of this!!!!!!! And I hate to break it to you TMZ, he was not eaten. Check you facts, tell the whole story. Not just the parts that will look the best for you. Can't you think of anyone before you write some of your garbage? I noticed you don't care who you hurt with what you write. I skip the stories where you shoot someone down etc. But this story goes to far. Please show some respect and take out the "Yeah, but steak tastes gooooood." Show a little class people.

Baseball Junkie

Sorry, that was tacky. I don't mean to joke about a man's death just PETA and TMZ.

Go Sox

liz

this is in SUCH poor taste ... a family is still mourning and PETA uses the opportunity to further their own agenda .... dispicable

Sickened

This is Disgusting.. Not knowing the victim and reading this makes me sick.... Family memebers have to deal with this.. Comparing animals to such a tragedy is wrong and who ever came up with this marketing strategy should be ashamed. He was an innocent HUMAN that was just trying to get home. PETA should be ashamed of themselves.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments