Pale Comparison

8/9/2008 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

More on the L'Oréal front ... When Beyonce signed on with L'Oréal in 2001 her career was big -- but not huge. As she became more mainstream, her look in the ads appears to evolve -- into a whiter version of her former self.
Beyonce

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

gazoo

Enough with the Beyonce stuff, no one cares but you guys. There is no conspiracy to turn Beyonce white other than from you guys.

donbear

I really don't see the big deal. You still know who it is. They airbrush, alter and morph everyone for their ads, for crying out loud. Time to move on to something - anything - more time worthy.

Chris

I don't believe they tried to 'Whitewash' her.. It looks to me as if they were trying to enhance her hair colour but didn't realize the change.

Jim

Man, you guys just won't stop.

Renin

me thinks she looks whiter because of the kind of lighting they used. They used more of a yellow light to make her hair shine. compared to the other three photos where white light was used

Amanda

OMG, seriously, get over it! I'm so freakin' sick of you guys going on and on about this stupid subject!

Mindy

Isn't it obvious that it was just the lighting? Do you really think they tried to make her look white? Seriously, I think this is just another opportunity for people to use the race card. Isn't the deck tattered and torn already? Enough people, it's 2008 let's move on..

Jane

She still looks black to me and if we really have to go this way, in my point of view, picture number 2 seems lighter to me than number 3. What are they playin' going light and goin' back black in order no one would see it? That's so stupid! There is no damn case so drop it!

stlougirl

I just think the lighting is different because her hair coloring has changed so much - they probably did her makeup and all that stuff differently because her hair is reddish-blonde now. I honestly don't think it's anything more than that!

brownsss

L'oreal just wants to show that any one from any race can color their hair, esp blond. As a photog, sometimes ppl that are half white, half black like Beyonce, will often look a bit more pale due to the lights... and with a blonder dew, i think that's ok, nothing wrong here... beyonce has some white in her, she has some black as well, perfect model for these ads.

liz

So airbrushing or using PhotoShop to get rid of every hint of a wrinkle, mole, zit, spot, gap in her teeth, slightest hint of "fat", etc. is fine but possibly lightening her skin is not?

Who knows, it might just be the lighting they used in the studio, but my guess is if you saw Beyonce up close she would still be beautiful, but not like in any of her ads, album covers, other such artwork.

Cherry Cola

OMG! This story is so over. Does Nina still work there?

liz

Why I bet you that's not even her "real" hair!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get real here for a moment. They PhotoShop everything on everybody.

john wayne gacy

she's just one grade elevated
from being a project ho;

reefreshing

PEOPLE WHO KEEP SAING TO DROP IT WELL REALLY BACK OFF... Y?? BECUASE ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO TRY TO MAKE THE WORLD WHITHER... NO OFFENSE BUT THIS IS A BIG DEAL TO EVERYBODY THAT HAS A DIFFERNT SKIN COLOR.. SO YEAH I THINK THIS WAS REALLY MESSED UP WHA LO RAL DID N I THINK THEY SHOULD APOLIGSE TO THE PUBLIC BECAUSE THEY SHOLD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE...N PLUS ARNET WE ALL BEAUTIFL INSIDE N WE SHOULD BE JUDGEBY OUR CAHARCTER NOT OR SKIN COLOR ....EVEN THOGUH ITS FEAKIN 2008 THE RACISM STUFF SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONG GONE BY NOW N YET HERE WE STAND LOOKIN AT 4 PICS OF BEYONCE NOTICING THA EVERY ONE IS LIGHTER THEN THE OTHER.... SO PLZ IF UR GONNA RITE SUMTHIN BOUT THIS PIC ATLEAST MAKE IT WORTH MY TIME

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments