Attorneys: Stabbing Suspect Disarmed Twice

8/13/2008 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The shocking details of what happened inside the house where Kendra Beebe was nearly stabbed to death are now unfolding at Shelley Malil's arraignment.

Attorneys for Beebe say of the more than 20 knife wounds on her body, three were life threatening -- one to each lung and one to the throat. They say Beebe nearly bled to death and there was "a lot of blood" on the back patio, through the kitchen and all the way to the front patio.

They also say a male visitor initially disarmed Malil, but he found another knife. A neighbor then showed up and disarmed Malil for the second time. Shelley allegedly fled once he heard sirens.

The attorneys say Kendra's children were upstairs at the time of the attack.

Attorneys for Malil, who was dressed in a blue jumpsuit and sat behind protective glass, wanted their client's bail lowed from $4 million to $2 million. Instead, the judge upped it to $10 million.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

arb

TMZ, thanks for keeping us updated on this horrific crime. Can you tell us more about the 'male visitor' ??? . This incident is eeriely similar to the OJ case. Except the 'male visitor' ran and didn't end up like Ron Goldman. Thank God no one died.

wootboots

It's her fault.

CazbahKid

Kendra is a very close friend of mine. i have known her since we were both in middle school. She is not a "HOE" - she DID NOT "Deserve this." There is no nicer, upbeat, and friendly person out there. Perhaps that's why this ass was attracted to her to begin with. Maybe he took advantage of that and once she was left with no other options - ended it. Well, I guess this is a tragic insight into how badly things can end. Yes, she will recover. She will survive. She will more than likely remain resillient throughout her long recovery period. BUT - I hope this sick and twisted man realizes the fear he has put into her household, the anguish that her mother and siblings, and children will carry around long after this guy is up for parole. My sadness over this is only bolstered by the funny memories I cherish of Kendra and I growing up together. Please - be respectful!

Holly

I do not watch tv so when a friend called and told me what happend to Kendra today I was in shock. We went to high school together she was a year younger but I remember her well. She was and I am sure still is the sweetest most out going person. Nobody deserves this ever. But truley not her. I wish her and her family the best. And will pray that her recovery mentally and physically will not be too long. She has a bright smile and deserves to be happy and watch her children grow up.

Isley

Comments 78 & 79 I just wanted to say you guys are the best! Kendra is the most nicest, friendliest girl you will ever meet. Truly a gem. I can't express enough to all of you that read this. Don't judge her. You don't know enough about her and what goes on. She as the biggest heart and wants the best for herself and family. She has worked hard to get where she is. Last time I talked to her she was so happy to have been able to visit with family and friends this past July at Lake Fair. She got to bring the kids up and visit with grandparents and siblings. She really wants to move back to Washington so she can be close to family again. As stated above "PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL"! On behalf of the Class of 1991 Olympia High School we all wish her well in her quest of getting better. We all look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6