Trump -- Hero to Heyyyyyy-O

8/14/2008 9:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With all the money he's saved from firing people, Donald Trump may be bailing out Ed McMahon.

Trump has agreed to buy Ed's Bev Hills mansion, which McMahon is about to lose, and lease it back to him so Ed has a place to stay -- according to the L.A. Times.

We've confirmed Alex Davis of Hilton & Hyland, a top Bev Hills real estate firm, flew to NYC and made the appeal to The Donald.

According to the newspaper, Trump said, "When I was at the Wharton School of Business...I'd watch him every night. How could this happen?"

Unclear how much Donald will plunk down. The house was listed a while back for $7 mil but the asking price fell like a rock -- this weekend it was listed for $4.6 mil.

Lara

Ed's wife better put the brakes on her spending. Of course she'll have no choice once Ed goes as by the looks of it, she's not going to get much of an inheritance.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

#27.............IF I had someone pay my mortgage off I'll be thankful , which I would anyways ,
Plus I'll have that person over for dinner or we would invite my family and have one big party .

What we need in my area is new companies who's going to stay open for yearsssss
because , I know people who need a job .

I'm glad Mr. Trump helped , he's a compassionated person , I always thought that .

This is a sad time for families right now , jobs , gas , food prices , and much more.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

I HAVE A QUESTION ..... EXAMPLE ONLY .

IF MR TRUMP PAID YOUR MORTGAGE OFF , WILL YOU 'VE TO PAY TAXES
ON IT ????? OR WILL YOU'VE TO PAY A GIFT TAX?????

Melody

I just want to say "thank you" Donald Trump (I don't care what your motives may be)......I love Ed McMahon and I am just so "happy" that someone came to his rescue.....he doesn't deserve this, especially at his age....God Bless you both!!!

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

#53, I have always said .......Celebrities should help "anyone " out
because many of these people who needs help , more likely the
celebrities Fans , why not help them .

Celebrities want fans to buy there products they've selling or going
to the movies ( tickets ) , whatever it might be . Celebrities can give
back to fans , no reason why they can't .

They could help with Fans pay there mortgage off , Simon Cowell
already did . And people thought so badly against Simon and he's the
one who's helping .

Joanne

Thank you, Donald Trump. In my eyes, you are a HERO. I bet your wife and children are proud of you... As others have said, I will say, too. If I had the money, I would help others out, too... I am glad that Ed can live out his days in peace. And you who have snide remarks: WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP YOUR MEAN, VICIOUS REMARKS TO YOURSELVES...????

Lee

Thank you Donald!

jeezlouise

DONALD IS AN INVESTOR, HE SEES A GOOD VALUE AND HE SNAPS IT UP. NO GENEROSITY HERE -JUST BUSINESS AS USUAL. PEOPLE WHO ARE SO PROUD OF DONALD FOR HELPING ED ARE THE SAME DUPES THAT WILL VOTE FOR THAT SHAM OBAMA, BECAUSE HE HAS A GOOD PUBLICIST.

IDIOTS..... WHY ARE PEOPLE IN THIS NATION SO STUPID? ITS REDICULOUS.

p.s- mortgage companies are only half to blame- greedy jerks that wanted to get rich "flipping" houses that they couldnt afford are the other half- stop crying and blaming the companies- its your own, greedy fault.

IWONKY

I liked Ed McMahon on Carson a whole lot. He made me laugh so many times just because he was laughing. I think it was a great gesture for Trump to buy Ed's house. He made me laugh at his hair so many times, almost more than I've laughed at Ed. Especially when it sticks straight up in the air like no gravity hair. But leasing Ed's house back to Ed?

Hopefully, he's just charging him jelly beans. Otherwise, since Ed is so broke, that's like saving his house just so he can put him behind the plow. Whoa there, Donnie boy! Ed should be able to relax now. We all make mistakes, and yeah 'ole Ed shoulda, coulda kept up with his finances, since I can imagine that he had more money go through his hands than I'll ever see. But the man looks pretty old. I mean, what kinda job can he get now? AARP spokesperson? Or has he done that already?

Donald's singing all the way to the bank.

So I'm leasin',
Ed's McMahon's house,
Don't know if he'll pay me back, that louse.
Oh hell, I know he's broke.

Ed's probably singing too.

"Oh where oh where can my mansion be?
That Trump bought it from under me.
I'll go to heaven but I'll never forget
He made me buy it back
when I leave-a this world."

(Fading drumbeat)

jmo

#48. Pat --

Trump wouldn’t get a tax break because Ed’s not an official charity. Trump would have to PAY a gift tax to the government if he gave it to him outright….anything over $12,000. (I learned that watching cable news about John Edwards and the payoffs to the baby mama).

Ed’s been trying to sell his house for some time (like millions of other Americans). I really don’t think Trump is going to miss the money, and at least Ed has a home now. Give credit where credit’s due. I didn’t see anybody else running to help him.

Crystal

Why do people feel sorry for Ed?

God is good!

AMEN!!! I prayed that God would help out Ed McMahon!!! This is so awesome. I love it when Jesus Christ answers my prayers! God is good!

Janet

It's about time one of his friends stepped up. I hope Trump doesn't charge him rent.

Robert

The greedy help the greedy, The billionare helping the ex-millionare. Hey Trump, why don't you help out some family that lost their home to some tornado or hurricane, I think THAT gesture would have been humanitarian.

Robert

Wish ,more people were helping each other. Give it a try.