Am I the Deadest? Sho'Nuff!

8/20/2008 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Julius CarrySomebody better find Leroy Green! The shogun of Harlem, Sho'Nuff has passed away.

TMZ's very favorite cult villain of all time, Julius Carry III, died of pancreatic cancer last night. It was first reported by mediatakeout.com. Carry was 56.

Now only the clouds can kiss his Converse.

Story developing ...

SushiMusubi

kiss my converse! rip...you were funny :)

Emily Rader

I was sorry to hear this. I loved his role in "Last Dragon". Rest in peace.

Bird

Since you are using Media Fakeout as the source I'm going to view this as an unconfirmed rumor. I did a search on Mr. Carey to see if anyone else was reporting this story and found nothing. I know he wasn't the biggest star in the world, but that role in The Last Dragon was big enough in the black community that black media sources would be interested if he passed away. Hell they even did a parody of "The Glow" on Fresh Prince among other places. So yeah, I'm going to need to see this somewhere more reputable before I believe it. MTO makes up numerous stories ever day of the week without a grain of truth to them.

reba

THIS HEADLINE IS IN VERY BAD TASTE...THE MAN DIED..NOT A JOKE

ariane

Why are ll the black man dying? This entire week, every death reported has been black? What is that ? Like a black man hurricane wipe out?
It's not like I know any of them, except for the bernie guy, since I am not from this country, but it just keeps to be one black man at a time, every day!

Wickeddoll

NO! Lord Bowler from "Brisco County!"

:-(

Tim

I tend to agree with Bird here.....I can't find this story anywhere on the internet. I'll believe it when it pops up on a Google Search!! LOL

Ya Heard

Horrible title, tmz...

StarME

This has to be the MOST disrespectful article I have ever read about the passing of one's life. Am I the deadest?!?!?!?!? Have you no repect for the family, friends, and fans who enjoyed this man's many works?!?!?

This is aboslutley horrible, demeaning, and the lowest of the low..... People, please don't support an y advertisers on this website whatsoever until this is taken down and re-written.

John

Who's the baddest?!??

m

deadoralive.com didn't have him listed, and they are usually the first to break deaths.

JR

I emailed and reported this to TMZ last night an hour after Julius passed away.

Mr. Carry's mothers called Taimak, the star of "The Last Dragon" to tell him that her son passed away. He posted it last night on his MySpace Bulletin Board.

Julius died from Pancreatic cancer. I can see TMZ is still very disrespectful when it comes to death and that headline should be changed IMMEDIATELY.

leigh

isnt there anyone at TMZ who looks over the stories and says " hmmm maybe this isnt appropriate, lets change this a bit to be more respectful" or is there just one guy who writes and posts without thinking.....seems like it sometimes...

Marc Spina

I'm Julius' brother-in-law. First, I want to say that the title of this story is a disgrace. I would implore you to change it immediately.

I was with Julius through his long battle with the disease. The way he handled himself throughout was with the utmost dignity. He has been an inspiration to me and has been a living definition of the word 'courage'. I understand that TMZ might think the title is really clever; I would just ask in this time of grief that TMZ show a little more sensitivity to our family.

MFS

shae_camille

The last dragon was one of my favorite movies. I had the biggest crush on Taimak (who is still gorgeous by the way). Julius was AWESOME in this cult classic which will be treasured for years to come. Take down that disgraceful headline. Have some respect for people and their families.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments