Da Brat -- Rum and Soap

8/22/2008 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Da Brat will go where a lot of rich white criminals don't -- prison...over rum.

She was just sentenced to three years for hitting a woman with a rum bottle last October. She'll get an additional seven years probation.

The victim -- a former Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader -- was hospitalized after the attack and permanently scarred.

Ms. Brat was convicted back in 2001 for misdemeanor reckless conduct.

neal

raciest sentence????? uh, NO!!! how many times is going to hit someon with a blunt object before the ignorant bitch learns her lesson... I am so sick and tired of these rap artists thinking they can do whatever the hell they want... Send her no good ass to jail.... clean up this damn country...

Wunu

Racist vote? Yes.

beez

That dumb bitch got what she deserves! The fact that you guys are even asking if the sentence was racist show what ignorant dumb asses you are!

She is hot

Little much but not racist! Should have hit her with her fist!

juscus

HA HA

Bubbles

Three years is light! A rum bottle in the right spot on the head could have killed the girl. And it's her 2nd similar offense. Celebrity doesn't = privilege. Of course, she'll get out super early, if she serves even a week, and she'll do it again in 2 years.

Joe Mama

i dont think this is a racist sentence at all! because she has a prior conviction of nearly the same crime.

Food4thought

Racist sentence? No. The woman did not assault Da Brat. Hitting someone in the head with a blunt object that caused serious injury deserves a jail sentence...especially when the assault was uncalled for.
TMZ, I think you guys are trying to sell yourseleves as self-righteous, pro-racial justice, but calling "racism" where there is none does a disservice to everyone involved. Should someone's race trump someone's crime? No. She shouldn't have gotten special consideration. Acting violently for no reason is only adding to the stereotype about blacks being violent. Geez, you guys seem obsessed with "crying racism." Remember the boy who cried wolf?

JEN2K

I say wi should give - - - - DA BRAT - - - - a gun a badge and police power. She will be the new evolution of law enforcement, YAAAAAYYYYYY ! ! ! ! !

hoochie mama

DA BRAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PUNK !!!
HAS SHE DONE ANYTHING LATELY?
Doesn't she have an album out?

your mother

Nina needs to give this racism crap a break. It's really getting old. Not everything needs to be turned into a racial issue!

lookin

Hate to hear this,,,I know I loved daBrat on Surreal Life (keeping it real was her tag line)
Call me Brat and I will bring a cake with a saw in it to you in prison!

Nyprg

I don't know about this one....
I've seen plenty of assualt cases with 1 year jail time and probation.
3 years? Thats a lot....
Especially when EVERYBODY else I've seen gets a lot less time then that.

Just sayin..... I can't make up my mind about this one...

Lala

She deserves it, the attack was vicious and she needs to be held accountable.
Now TMZ....the last thing your public needs is a racially fueled subject. I don't understand why you need to push that envelope every chance you get it. You run the stories, you guys get edgy, we love it and read and watch faithfully so why the bite for extra attention.
Yes I want to hear the celebmess is going to prison and I want to hear your take on that, but we don't want another created race war, there are enough of those without your help.

my2cents

i dont think its racist at all. if you do a crime you should do the time! i just think celebrities get off easy, like how they get popped for dui's...driving on the wrong side of the freeway and spend a few hours in jail. i believe these celebs are normal people and should be treated that way. With equal punishment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments