« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Olympic Village -- More Sex than Woodstock

8/24/2008 11:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Guess this is what happens when chiseled, half-naked Olympic athletes hole-up together in one place.

Former Olympian Matthew Syed, who now works as a commentator, wrote for the Times of London, "This sex fest ... [happened] right here in Beijing. Olympic athletes have to display an unnatural ... level of self-discipline in the build-up to big competitions. How else is this going to manifest itself than with a volcanic release of pent-up hedonism?"

Syed said that winners "as geeky as Michael Phelps" were sought after by the female athletes, but that losers get their share as well.

Matthew says he "got laid more often in those two and a half weeks (at the Barcelona games in '92) than the rest of my life up to that point." And he was freakin' table tennis player!

Guess a little ping-pong goes a long way sometimes ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bex

first!

dee

This is nothing new. I was dating a member of our Olympic team during the Montreal Olympic s in 1976. It sounded like one big international orgy and that is based only on what he was willing to tell me.

Kay

What do you expect? This isn't a retirement village.

jandean61

Im going to start my own oylmpic sport and get sponsored so I can go to England in 4yrs and get laid ! THis is more exciting than the time I got my nipples stuck in my car door.

wasted days and wasted nights

To think that back in the stone-age, before video games, people played ping-pong. And some played so much of it that they got so good they could go the Olympics as a ping-pong player. And that wasn't geeky? Dude should know better than to dis Michael like that.

Kelli

Never heard of him, guess he is craving publicity. Too bad he doesn't understand what a real athlete is. I would take Phelps the geek over a ping pong player any day, what a dork!!

Studly

This story is kind of funny and made me laugh.

martinistopswithus

and my tax dollars are going to help get these pods into the olympics? oi vey!

jewish smewish,,

lol, put a bag of phelps head and ignore that one areola is bigger than the other n hes just another hottie

btw who says ping pong players arent hot??? forrest gump plays ping pong AND fought in the army and hes hot... too bad i dont kno any REAL ping pong players...

huh?

Whatever happened to morals?

Drama Drama...Baby Mama....

It,s LOOSERS TMZ, not LOSER...Does anyone who works in these little cubicles or stations have a GED????????

Hussie

Hey Spellcheck,

"Loser" is the antonym of winner, often used as an insult.

TMZ's spelling is correct.

Get a life...

Jane

No. 12, I don't know what spell checker you are using but whatever it is you need to dump it or turn it on. One of the definitions for loose in Webster's dictionary is sexually promiscuous (which doesn't make sense with that paragraph), but it generally means inexact, to set free, not firm. The point in that paragraph was that winners were not the only ones getting laid, those that LOST their competition were also getting lucky. If you don't believe me, get a dictionary and look up lose versus loose.

northern gypsy

why not freak a hump???...no shame in gettin it where you can !!!

rpond123

Doesn't surprise me a bit. Hot female athletes everywhere you look. OMG. Those female Chinese Beach Volleyball players! Who cares who won gold. And....in HDTV too. I want to play beach volleyball now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments