Van Halen to McCain: No You Can't

8/29/2008 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John McCain used a Van Halen song during his big speech earlier today and the band wants to make one thing clear -- they're not running with McCain.

Van Halen management tells us the band had no idea McCain was planning on using "Right Now" during his big entrance in Ohio telling us, "Permission was not sought or granted nor would it have been given."

For the record, Dubya used the same song during a bunch of his campaign speeches back in 2004, but sources close to the band tell us, "They're not political, they're just rock and roll."

I'm Back Biatches

Please note, David Lee Roth, the current lead singer, but who was the old singer...did not sing "right now". So really, where is Sammy Hagar, the actual person who sang it? Shouldn't he have a say so? I forgot, Eddie kicked him out because he CAN'T get along with anyone. Let them use the song for God's sake Ed! I know you, Wolfie, Janie and your whole crew and you are acting like a big weasel. Mccain is a cool guy and a war veteran so give him a break. "One break comingggg upppp!"

Cabo

Van Halen has EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD not to let McCain use his music. I wouldn't want my art associated with someone who I vehemently disagreed with, who wants to continue the disastrous policies and destruction of the current administration.

Amazes me how many people are enamored of this guy who has so many opulent homes he can't count 'em, who doesn't care if people have healthcare, who wants to give tax breaks to the rich and everything else. EVIL!

marxican

jen does a burning cross come with your comment you just proved everyone here who are against republicans right

LA Critic

It IS Van Halen's song after all.
Naughty naughty to the back room babies in McCain's camp.
What would he say if they used his face for a song he didn't approve of...?

DRock

McCain/ Palin has got my VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sarah Palin has more experience than Obama. LMAO...

LA Critic

It IS Van Halens's song after all.
Naughty naughty to the back room babies in McCain's camp.

What would HE say if they used his face for a song he didn't approve of...?

I'm Back Biatches

Go Van Halen...how old are you ten? VH never said they VEHEMENTLY disagree with McCain. It is obvious they are liberal. losers who live off of my taxes like you, your babies daddy and your entire toothless clan. Go suck a lemon. You are a hater cause you are wishing you could call yourself a Republican. Go McCain, Kick some big eared, fake azz, preaching, dork's butt!

PeteK

Okay you don't want us to download your music unless we pay to have permission.. we get it. Now you want to pick which one of us can listen to your music even though you will get your payment for rights? F them, I am now clearing them out of my playlists. Your as dead as disco bros

AKGirl907

Steve - Pull it together brother! I'm a Republican through and through. Trying to get a reaction out of me? Well... there ya go douche bag.

I can tell you as an Alaskan who has seen this woman in action, she is not the brightest bulb. She means well but she is far too simple minded (hence the clever name she came up with to associate her son with her favorite 80's band) to ever have the ability to successfully hold such a seat. She is barely making it as Governor and is currently under investigation for inappropriate and unethical behavior. She has far too many people fooled.

I have never voted for a democrat ever in my life but will consider it in this next presidential election.

weatherboy

Screw Van Halen. They can kiss my big white Republican ass if they don't like the use of their song.

I'm Back Biatches

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL BEEN HIDING????? Van Halen's tour was in the top five of sales for the year. They reunited with their original lead singer and are working on a record. Since when did age make you a has been??? Go tell Bono and U2 how irrelevant they are. No wonder you liberals are McCain haters...ageism is another form of discrimination you morons! Just because you do not follow a band does not make them irrelevant! Just because they are over 50 does not make them dead!!! By the way...GO MCCain 08!!

PolarBear

Republicans have a criminals attitude; self-centered, petty, uneducated, foolish, irresponsible. McCain is a cancer poster boy and Palin is a vanity toy for the mentally incompetent old gang Republicans in office. McCain won't live to see the end of the next Presidency, his cancer is after him and the job stress is enormous. It will wear him away in only months. Palin as President? It must ABSOLUTELY NOT HAPPEN!

I'm Back Biatches

AKGirl...you LIE like a Persian rug you stupid ho. How IRONIC you love in Alaska. What is the chance of that? WOW!!! Do you think we are all stupid. So you looked up some dirt on the GOP VP...wow...now shut the h-e double toothpicks up. You are making we women look bad. Dumb azz ho.

I'm Back Biatches

Polar Bear: 89 percent of republicans are minimally high school educated and 70 percent are college educated
Democrats 70 Percent high school and only 40 percent college educated....
Get your facts straight buddy. Who is the liar and thief now?

THEMOMMA