Republicans Lack Heart!

9/5/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.

Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."

The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."

We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.

UPDATE
: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."

Stay tuned.

babbalu

Hasn't everyone on this website learned by now that just because TMZ says something doesn't mean it's true!?

FlBiker

Cindy McCain is a BABE!

APK2008

Clearly only idiots reading this TMZ article...Yeah, no one has heard of the band Heart, Jeanette...you're an idiot. It just shows Republicans don't listen...ever. I hope Heart sues the f*ck out out of them.

Someone who remembers

They're playing it right now as the red, white and blue balloons fall. Brett Hume identified the song as Barracuda by Heart. Seems like they got some free publicity from the Republican's that they didn't get from the Democrats. Chill out, ladies, it's all good.

Laurie

Whatever you fat irrelevant cows. They should be honored that someone even remembered them.

Melissa

LOL I like that you changed to picture.

ronni78

REPUBLICANS HAVE UNSIGHTELY GENITALS!!!!!

danica innocente

I like how the fatty picture just came down..TMZ!!!!!

Melissa

Opps before the grammar police get me, I meant to say I like that TMZ has chosen a more (ahem) flattering picture of these ladies.

Rebecca20001

You go girls!!!!! The Republicans are constantly daring people to revolt and twisting things into lies (they call it spinning the truth). You should sue them. It is true that 3% of Americans are smarter than the other 97%-You can see that from this message board-idiots are writing this crap-Don't listen to them. They are the stupid ones that are going to vote for the white haired guy that stole Paris's punch line and Sara whatever her name is-whose teenage daughter is pregnant and who doesn't have experience leading the country either. Mccain has been working with Bush all these years and now all the sudden we are going to have change? What a crock of S$%t!!!! I have some swampland I would like to sell all of you fools........ Ha Ha- I am so glad I'm not stupid.....

sick of liberals!

Baseball Junkie, you are a typical liberal wanna-be "artist". I am glad none of you actually hold positions of power.

As for the Wilson girls, this is completely expected and NOT UNIQUE when it comes to anyone who is or thinks they are a celebrity. I doubt they even have a high school education but who knows??! Again, why is this news-worthy? No surprise at all. We all know to expect this from the "hollywood" crowd. These are the folks who need constant approval from others to feel worthy. They need cameras and praise from the 18 year olds to define their self-worth. Yes, we can all appreciate the money they make but that is about it. There is nothing else to respect.

SanePerson

As their candidates show, Republicans are purposefully ignorant of anything that happened in the past; Heart has been an hit factory that they don't need any publicity. They'll be just fine living off their success.

Republicans also only worry about property rights except their own, plus "intellectual" is something they disdain, so "intellectual property" doesn't make sense to them. Heart has every right and reason to want to control their creation, a song that holds specific resonance for millions of people, and guard it from being affiliated with an elitist, homophobic, message of (crazy) religious zealotry and warmongering.

Then again, Republicans just like to attack, and condemn. So, nevermind.

Someone who remembers

Well, let's see: no free publicity or 30 million people hear your song. Do the math. You can't buy that type of advertising. Ladies, you just got a foot in the door for a comeback! Strike while the iron's hot, Ann and Nancy!

heyheyhey

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PALIN DID AMAZING LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J-MAC was INCREDIBLE AS WELL!!!!!!!

COME ON NOV. HURRY UP SO THIS OBAMA FASCINATION WILL BE OVER AND THE "ROCK STAR" can HEAD BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If TMZ had the whole story....you would understand

I do not know the song, but I have heard of Heart. I thought if you pyed ascap fees you could play whatever music you want at public events? I do not assume because I hear a song at a event they promote that candidate. McCain's events would be pretty quite.