Republicans Lack Heart!

9/5/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.

Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."

The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."

We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.

UPDATE
: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."

Stay tuned.

Kory

They didnt end it with Barracuda, the ended it with Rasin McCain. They played the other a short time after.

sara

gawd, republicans are stupid. you really do have to pity them. while you are laughing hysterically.

texanna

You silly women. What are you, singers? You can not hold a candle to Cindy, Sarah or even to my next door neighbor. What have you ever done that might require respect. Silly, stupid, loser women (I guess) singers.

Grow up. I mean, as you continue to age, try to do something positive that actually helps people or ads to our culture.

Is there any person who really cares about your no-class so-called music. Do someting real. Losers.

lol

Heart is the greatest band on earth! I mean just listen to them. Heavenly.... only problem with them bitching about the song is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK THEIR DUMB ASS PERMISSION!!!! They license their song rights! DUH!

Coco Alfonso

Heart must be P I S S E D!

McCain looks/talks/walks like Cotton Hill from King of the Hill. You know, Hank Hills crazy old man.

penny green

get over it bitchs, at least somebody is listenig to your song

SanePerson

Cynthia ... Heart is like McCain in a couple of ways:

a. rich
b. doesn't really care what you think

MJ

Heart should thank their lucky stars the campaign wants their song. The last time I saw them, the brunette had to wear a TENT from LLBean! Seriously. I'm sure they're getting royalties, so STFU, Heart, before I get you boycotted on the oldies stations.

FlBiker

I watched both conventions, hands down Sarah Palin and John McCain schooled Obama & Biden.
I am not a republican, just impartial.

me

why the change of pic tmz? didn't like the fat comments? I think they should quit using the song too........IT SUX! (and I'm a girl of the 80s)

john worfin

Hey TMZ have Heart's lawyers got to you too? The original picture you put up of them showed their huge stomachs and now it's been changed. This must be the first time you've posted an unflattering picture of someone then changed it to a more (cough!) complimentary one. Who cares anyway if we cant use their song, it's fecking awful 80's soft rock fer feck's sake! There should be a constitutional ammendment banning poodle rock from the airwaves. Now that would truly be a bi-partisan effort!

deezeey

I can't believe the people that respond on this website. Heart is a CLASSIC rock band. These 2 woman have pumped out some of the most unforgettable music ever recorded and still sound great, fat,plastic or whatever. To call them 1 hit wonders just shows the lack of intelligence out there. BUT.....I don't get why these celebrities get all upset when using their music. They should be flattered that so many people hear their songs no matter whom they are rooting for. These celebrities need to get over themselves and realize we don't care who they will vote for!!!

sara

wow, anyone who thinks Palin and McCain did WELL at this convention are pretty much stupid beyond all belief.

Scary how stupid people can be.

tired of cry baby

huaaaaaa notAmoron, they can use any song they wanted to as lond as they di not do for profit, if u wern't so angry living my mommys basement you would understand the laws, it's just like a radio station playing a song. you dumb a**

lol

HA HA HA hA... cease and desist letter??? ha ha... can't catch my breath....that's a good one.... hahahaha