Brand

Blasted for Cherry Pickin'

9/8/2008 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Jonas Brothers all wear purity rings -- but VMA host Russell Brand got in some serious hot water with his extremely impure jokes about the Disney virgins.

Russell Brand: Click to watch
Humorless "Idol" champ Jordin Sparks ('memba her!?) defended the boys after Brand bragged he'd bag 'em all by the end of the night. Hope he stayed away from Nick -- that kid's only 15!

dUhhH

He's a piece of trash.Just look at his hair.

Brittany Silver

last night watching the VMA's was almost a upsetting act. The man hoasting it was a disugting pig, and to further that comment, he was not even closly funny. I feel asleep watching it. The Jordan Sparks comment was rude, and so was Russle's.

even tho i hate the Jonas Brothers, that was still not a funny subeject and should not have been brought up on national television. Nice try Russel

Independent for Barack

Americans are so freacking sensitive. He was just stating what the world thinks of you. Everyone is realizing how dumb Americans are by wanting to elect another Republican president.

freedomisnotfree

I COULDNT WATCH THE VMA'S ONE LOOK AT THAT HAIR AND I WAS GONE
JONAS BROS SHOULD HAVE FLIPPED HIM OFF BUT THEY ARE TOO CLASSY FOR A LOW LIFE TRASH LIKE THIS GUY WHO IS HE ANYWAY?

Lynn

#77 Don't tell me who I ought to be offended by. I know who I was offended by. Someone saying something close to her heart because some tasteless jackass is attacking promise rings and virgins who has been spouting vulgarity all night offends me much less than said slutty jackass.

mrs. brand

Oh Wahhhhh. He picked on the virginal Jonas Brothers? You know what I think? It's about damn time someone called their bluff. Remember when Britney was a "virgin" too? Hahahaha. If these no-talent hollywood Disney kids want to take a stand, they need to realize that somebody may draw attention to it in a way they hadn't planned. F$#@ off Jonas Brothers. Russell Brand was refreshing. Bush is retarded, listen to him talk!

freedomisnotfree

VMA'S SUCK and been for a long time

TomCruiseULose

WHAT the hell was that on MTV last night? When did the VMAs turn into "My Sweet Sixteen"? Holy crap. I am a 30-year old man, and I remember when the VMAs were about Guns N Roses drunk and slurring their acceptance speech, or Arsenio Hall drunk and saying lewd comments, or rap stars threatening to kill each other, or Tommy Lee and Kid Rock fighting. The Jonas Brothers? What was Slash doing there, was he the chaperone? The Slash of the early 90s would have taken a freshly drained bottle of Jack Daniels and beat the Jonas Brothers and that Michael Jackson-imitation Chris Brown for dressing like tools.

The crowd at last night's award show looked like all of Hollywood's 40-something old execs decided to throw a group bar/bat mitzvah for their brats. The crowd was very lame, the performances were mediocre, the set sucked, the "artists" had to share equal time with losers like Paris, Lauren Conrad and that horrible host. We should revoke that loser's visa permanently. And what the hell was with the reality dance-off segment? That winning group, ManPurse or whatever, hopefully when to go celebrate by dancing in the streets and got hit by a bus.

This was the most pathetic awards show I have EVER seen... but it doesn't surprise me - I remember when MTV was about music and not about "reality" shows.

Did you hear that? That was the death knell for MTV. Just move it to the Disney network or Nickelodeon.

Tom

Razzy

You foreigners standing up for Brand, you wouldn't be laughing and cheering either if some lame FOREIGN comedian started telling you what to do, calling your leader a retard, and spouting sexually derogatory remarks aimed at your own 15 to 18-year old celebs!!!!

That Brand guy was a boorish idiot who was NOT AT ALL FUNNY!

I applaud the Jonas Bros and Jordin!!!

freedomisnotfree

i commend Jordin Sparks for her comments and the vma's have gone done the tubes

SMS

What he said to the Jonas Brothers was completely unacceptable.I think this years VMAs was the worst just for the fact it was hosted by Russell Brand.I think that he is a dirty, disgusting, sex addict.I honestly feel sorry for the Jonas Brothers.

eloc

#51 - Spot on. What a mess.

Bill Cosby

You're all a bunch of prudes! Grow a thicker skin.

freedomisnotfree

one more reason not to vote for a liberal just look at them
this guy should fire his hairstytlist

kellie

All of this bantering should really have nothing to do with liberals vs. conservatives. The host SHOULD NOT have gone on a bashing trip against any of Americas' people - be it the president or the performers. He should not have used that stage to promote or insult any political agendas. We tuned in to watch the VMAs. The stage should have been left to exactly what it was for - the performers!! The host was utterly distasteful and completely out of line.

Gosh, MTV. The only way to make this guy look classy would be to have Osama Bin Laden or an Adolf Hitler impersonator host next years awards.