Ding Dang -- Brit's Cover Up Exposed!

9/8/2008 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears opened the VMAs last night with the telltale sign of a notorious lip syncher -- completely covering her moving lips the entire time she opened the show.
Britney Spears: Click to watch
That said, TMZ eats crow for declaring her career dead after last year's girthy performance. She ain't dead at all after bizarrely winning three awards and looking awfully hot -- minus the spaghetti weave.

Cold Pizza

Rigged! Seriously shes nominated how many times over these years and when her dad is improving her life because she let it get out of hand she gets nominated 3 more times for the same song and wins all 3 when the song isnt that good. Come on the lamest and irrelevant award show just got worse.

Leesa

I am sooooo over Brit Brit. She still looks like a deer caught in head lights. I was not impressed. Just because he has better extenions and lost 12 pounds, woopie. I thought she would perform. No, she is not back yet. Who the hell is Russell Brand? He sucks totally!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of him America!!!!!! Brit, get well but dont come back til you are ready to tear it up. Its just disapointing.

mARKr

Worthless, white-trash loser: somebody hand her a gun & a single bullet.

mARKr

Ha, "25th Anniversity" Loser...

Hope

I think the fact that she stumbled over a couple of words should clue even the most dim-witted dolt into the fact that she wasn't lip syncing.

Whadda-Do

Come on now. VMA's are hardly anything to be proud about. Videos are not as dominant as they used to be. Who cares? The only reason she "wond" these awards is because they promised them to her so that she would host the show. And in her feeble, mommy controlled mind, any award is a confirmation that she is a winner. I do feel sorry for her but believe she will never see real fame again. She is mentally ill. She will only be a shell of her former self from now on. Despite it all, I would still like just one night with her to show her some real pleasure.

alreadybad

She is an absolute joke and I have NO time or money to waste on people who have NO talent. My money stays in my pocket.

Ummm

I do not like her, but she looked fantastic. You have to hand it to her Dad and the rest of the conservators for taking her from a vaj flashing popwreck on a 5150 to that! And credit to her for getting back up there after last year's disaster! I hate to say it, but good job, Brit.

EddyV21

WTF I MEAN REALLY! I MEAN OK SHE LOOKED GOOD SHE SPOKE OK SHE DIDNT ACT CRAZY OR ANYTHING BUT WINNING 3 AWARDS U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME...I GET THAT MTV WANTS TO BE APART OF HER "TRIUMPHANT" COMEBACK BUT HANDING HER THREE AWARDS IS JUST NOT RIGHT I GET IT THAT SHE IS BACK TO NORMAL...I THINK,,,,BUT THEIR WERE SOOO MANY ARTIST NOMINATED THAT DESERVED THOSE AWARDS MORE THAN HER...MTV PRACTICALLY BUILT THE WHOLE SHOW AROUND HER.

Lindsey

She's the ONLY reason why I watched the show!!

The host was HORRIBLE.. Rihanna sucked (she's normally awesome.. but last night WASN'T her night)

It seemed like a REALLY small show. Like I said.. if Britney wasn't on it.. I would've changed the channel

joe

I think the concern here should be getting her healthy and taking care of her kids. Seems like the number one priority is getting her back (career). They interviewed a person on the committee that voted for her to win awards...he said they voted for her because they thought she needed it...not because she deserved it! I would feel like an ass if I was her taking awards because people feel bad for you. She looked great...great what money can do with plastic surgery. Think its funny that she was going to the gym...showed photos of her looking fat as hell then a week or two later, thin....SAD!!! and you wonder why she is so screwed up!

Cody

Seriously, you guys have to give her a break! She has made a huge leap in her recovery! And she did not lip sync her intro! Although you probably think that by saying this you where bring her bad vibes again! Get over it, she is still the POP QUEEN!! I believe that she will make a full recovery and be on top of the world again in the next year! So prepare yourself TMZ, she will be back, and better than ever!!

Safprods

much like this very site, MTV was bending over backwards because they were perhaps feeling a little bad about the treatment this mentally ill woman took last year. not that there was a real "race horse" of talent up for awards last night, but after Brit won her 15th or 16th award of the night, it was fairly obvious what was going on. it's like seeing bikini pics on TMZ or other sites and the captions reading "Britney is back and looks amazing!" does she? she looks okay. she is not amazing. she has had two kids and will never have that sculpted body again. let's not pretend too much to the point of absurdity

Tangie

It was clearly rigged if she won. Blacks have taken over MTV, so I don't watch anymore. Remember when it actually used to be videos? She has not made a comeback in anyway. So somebody gave her a bath and threw some fake hair on her head...big deal.

J Lynn

What a stupid story, lip synching the announcment, get for real. I hate TMZ they are just as bad as AOl. Their headlines are misleading and their stories are boring and useless info. Not to mention just like aol they run the same things over and over again.