The Great

Cougar Hunt Lawsuit

MUST READ!!!!

9/10/2008 9:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This is the greatest lawsuit we've seen all month -- maybe all year -- and it's all over three chicks who are pissed at being branded "cougars" on national television.

Let's start with the important information. For those unfamiliar with the term "cougar," it's defined as "a sexually cunning 35+ female who is on the hunt for a much younger energetic male," at least according to the lawsuit.

Now onto the controversy: Three women are furious after they went to a club called Chapter 8 in Agoura Hills -- SoCal -- back in 2007 and wound up being featured on a G4 program called "Attack of the Show" -- in a segment called "The Great Cougar Hunt."

According to the suit, the ladies were portrayed as "older women who were attempting to pick up younger men at Chapter Eight, which was described (on the show) as a 'world famous cougar hot spot.' The segment describes cougars as the easiest and most ravenous prey for younger men."

The cougars three respectable ladies claim they were filmed without giving consent, and swear they "were not attempting to meet or 'hunt' younger men, or any men for that matter, on the day the video segment was made."

They also thought it was important to put this line in the lawsuit: "In fact, Plaintiffs do not date younger men at all."

The threesome claims the show was so "highly outrageous and offensive," that they're suing G4 and the two hosts of the show for more than $1,000,000!!!!!

FYI -- nowhere in the lawsuit do the ladies ever mention how old they are -- information that could be vital to the outcome of this highly important, extremely monumental legal battle. Calls to G4 were not returned.

The moral of the story: You mess with the cougar ... you get the claws!

Cougar Hunt: Click to view!

JEN2K

Part of the alure of healthy dating and relationships is exploring the possibility "this might be the one" for making a family and a home. Cougars seem to be a bunch Women pissed off that they are approaching or at the age when lifes doors to making a home and a family are closing or closed.

King Beef

Who gives a crap if they called them cougars? If anything, it should be considered a compliment.

When I was 22 I was dating a 45 year old and I gotta tell you.... The girls my age had nothing on her.

Hell... I even ended up marrying an older woman because women my age never did anything for me.

Sure... I was 25 and she was 32 when we got married so it's only 7 years apart this time but still.... My point still remains that older women rock.

Chris Taul

These three women may have a point about being denigrated on a program, but when they decided to include the line: "Plaintiffs do not date younger men at all," I start to wonder. Also, it will be up to these ladies to prove the term "cougar" is so derogatory as to warrant a lawsuit earning them $1,000,000. It seems like the cat's scratching up the wrong tree.

man cougar

Men can be cougars - The name is MOUGAR

Man Cougar = MOUGAR

nick donoho

Come on ladies, cougar is a badge of honor! Own it! Being sexy at 40 is a good thing! And to the younger guys like myself, it's not the cougars you have to watch out for. it's the 50+ den mothers lurking in the shadows that will try to take you back to the cave

sassy D

As a 47 years old "cougar" dating a 30 year old man, I say GO COUGARS!!!!!! men have been doing it for years! It's the year of the cougar.

Sue G4!

I work in the same building....G4 has no money, so if the women successfully sue them, then all the G4 employees, esp. the dumba%% segment producers, have to go back to their former (more respectable) jobs as garbage men and Red Lobster waitstaff.

Mougar is a dumb name. I like BOOGAR instead - old men who think they're still boys when they chase girls the same age as their daughters.

Love TMZ, but this article isn't a 'must read'.

Erika

God, I love Chapter 8. I live about 1/2 a mile away from it and it's always funny to see the line of old bags out the door to get in. That - and Bogies. Bogies in Westlake Village is the MAJOR cougar hangout. Some lady offered me 25k to take my boyfriend home, minus he wouldn't go with her! HAHA!

Huh?

23. Geez, I'd be so embarrassed if I were one of those desperate looking "Cougars". Don't they realize those young guys just want an easy lay?

Posted at 1:17AM on Sep 10th 2008 by Ms. X

Hey Ms. X, don't YOU realize that these cougars just want an easy lay, that's the whole point.

rabbit on the moon

I heart Kevin Pereira.

White Trash Cougars looking for a buck

so basically, these old sluts are just trying to make some easy cash by sueing G4- get a life, or better yet, get a JOB! so what if you are called a cougar, get over it- sticks and stones... these "ladies" could end up costing some very good people their jobs, life, etc... for something completely petty. Just get over it and move on "ladies". LAME

MacDaddy

This really wont make it to court !

Aaron B.

If they were offended that is unfortunate. A $1 million lawsuit though? WTF??? That's just what we need. Let's clog up our court system and cost the tax payers even more money because someone got their feelings hurt.

Tiger

It's all about money. Half the world is crying "dicrination", and filing lawsuits, and it's ALL about money. If they weren't looking for men, they'd be in a bar where no men hung out. Women go to bars because men go to bars because women go to bars . . . .

Fur Follower

I do hope the ladies win. I think the amount they are seeking is quite low. Perople who make a living by pushing the limits of unwarranted character assasination - something by which I have been victimized, should go for the jugular.