Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM

9/20/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Wow

Kobe, if you want to make lame jokes, audition for a talent show. I know someone who was in a burn unit. To help regenerate skin, as I understand it, they scrape the old skin off daily. It's extremely painful and the screaming can be heard all over the floor. Horrible.

LAla

that is the worst thing I've ever heard!!! AM just dj'd for the VMAs. I love him! I'm praying 4 him.

keith

Laury:
Real lucky. They were in a plane crash and burned pretty bad. I don't consider that very lucky. If they just walked off without a scratch, now that would be lucky! Most of barker's burns were bleow the waste so most of his tats are just fine. And I'm sure his penis is just fine or he wouldn't have been up walking around now as reported. As far as dj am it is now known that he will be fine too , and is not disfigured. Too bad for all of you rubbernecks that love tragedy. I doo feel sorry for the people who did die> Now they are unlucky!!

powertothepeople

My heart is broken. Burn pain is relentless. Mike - if you are trying to be funny - your not. There are children involved that think their daddy is dead. Have a heart - or better yet - go to a burn unit - it is beyond suffering.

stef

Rainbow-Mike is being an ass. Travis Barker and DJ AM are alive, however the other 4 on board died.

Wow

FI Baker: That wasn't funny the first time, when everyone ignored you, and your desperate attempt at humor just failed again. I truly hope you are never in a burn unit. It's HORROBLE. These men's lives will NEVER be the same again.

who dat

Thats what you get when you fly in a link sausage with a 1000 gallon fuel tank. As far as travis, what does the guy actually contribute. There are plenty of guys with over tatted bodies who can wear their hats sideways and be ignorant. I feel sorry for the highly trained pilots having to fly such a piece of junk jet.

Daisy

this is really sad. I will pray for them and hope that they will come out good.

ana

Kobe and FIBiker I hope you both rot in hell. No, better than that...I hope you both burn in hell so that you will know the excruciating pain that both DJ AM and Travis are experiencing at this very moment.

Kay

Seems these private planes are always crashing. Very sad.

S MICHELLE

GOD BLESS THESE GUY...LIL MAN WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MY HUSBANDS FOR A LONG TIME AND WE JUST LEARNED OF HIS PASSING AND ARE EXTREMELY SADDEND BY THIS..GOD BLESS HIS SOUL AND TO CHRIS' BEAUTIFUL WIFE AND NEW BABY, MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT YOU!!! XOXO

Tangie

Who in the hell do some of you people are telling others what they can and cannot write??!! Just write your comments and shut the hell up! Morons.

Wow

Mike, please get a life.

Sentence structure: Travis Barker is loved. He's a husband and father. There are little kids who feel that their Daddy contributes plenty.

caligirl

mike.. you are sick to say that travis died, that's not true. You have serious issues. Get some help you freak

Hopeless in PA

Has anyone else put two and two together. Travis was burned from the waist down...DJ AM was burned on the face...almost as if they were in the same location...hmmm? Maybe AM was just paying Travis back for getting him out of the clubs?