Aerosmith's Ultimate Sellout

9/21/2008 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The music industry has officially gone to the gamers.

In June, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith turned out to be the band's biggest hit yet -- in its first week of sales, the interactive game generated far more revenue than any Aerosmith album ... ever! To give you an idea, the band's latest studio release, "Honkin' on Bobo," had roughly $2 million in sales its first week; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith grossed roughly $25 million, according to RockGamer.

Who knew playing a glorified keytar would turn out to be so popular?

Helldorado

Aerosmith hasn't been worth sh1t since they go off the drugs.

Aerosmith on drugs = Last Child, Walk This Way, Dream on, Kings and Queens
Aerosmith off drugs = Love in an Elevator, Cryin, I don Wanna Miss a Thing.

See?
Yah.
Pretty sad, isn't it?
LOL!

sarah

And a CD would cost what, $10... how much is the video game. Go back to community college and learn something about how price affects profit. You guys are tards.

DaJuice

Agreed. Look at the price per unit and cost to produce and distribute and give us a more accurate breakdown of the money.

gooze

you do realize that honkin on hobo was a cover album? they never sell as much as oringinal songs.

davidoff

Aerosmith for those of you too lazy to know is the greatest American rock band period.I believe they have earned the right to cash in. Sure their first four albums were like bolts of lightning and stand as their greatest achievements. however, do not ignore the chops on Pump, Honkin or Just Push Play. Stop worrying about what they make and let them have their just profitable deserve.

Spectorfan8

Without Steven Tyler, there is no Aerosmith anymore. He may not have played and instrument, but he was THE voice of Aerosmith.

Luke

kantankrus

Just for general info. steven tyler plays many instruments including the harmonica that he has played on many songs.

chris in canada

Aerosmith is by far the best band on God's green earth!!! I can't wait for their next album and tour! for those who call them sell outs.... i think it's more of finally giving the fans what they want!!!

Joe Mama

that's sad. it seems like people would rather play a video game, rather than learn the guitar for real. i don't get guitar hero, it's nothing like playing a real guitar at all.

DaJuice

6. You guys are so stupid! Aerosmith is one of the all time best bands. I never post crap on things like this but I saw Aerosmith and I had to read. Not one person said something good! I think you are all jealous give me a freaking break. Quit wacking it and get a life somewhere other than your computer! At least they are actually getting laid, losers!

Posted at 12:29PM on Sep 21st 2008 by Luke

Moron...

pc187

So what that they make $$$ off of gaming. I'm not anywhere close to being a gamer-but more power to 'em! And no, I'm not crazy about all of thier albums either-I was fortunate to see Aerosmith 2 years ago-just before Steven went into rehab (Which I also support!) It was the BEST concert of my LIFE! Aerosmith rocks-albums/cassetts/8-tracks/cds/dvd/guitar heroes. Bring it on!!!!

Mark

I saw Aerosmith in concert and they sucked. Im a better guitar player, and I dont even play. Thats how bad they are,

you idiots who comment make me sad

TMZ, do you realize that this story is MONTHS old. Get your act together!!!

j-bills

So, a CD, roughly $10. GH:A, roughly $70. So, we divide 25 mil by 7, we get roughly 3.6 mil. Not nearly as bad as you guys make it look.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments