Movin' On Up

9/22/2008 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 77-year-old resurfaced at a television event in L.A. recently, looking prestigious.
Marla Gibbs
Marla was married by the age of 13 and had three children by the time she was 20.

Until 1999, Gibbs ran Marla's Memory Lane Jazz and Supper Club in South Central Los Angeles.

Liz

She looks great!

I just have to say that black does crack!

double E

you know what they say.....black don't crack!

she looks great ;)

Sean

I thought this was an after photo of Travis Barker, my bad,

Triple Play

Is that a hat that she is wearing? Holy Aunt jemima pass the pancakes

Mrs. Pine

She looks exactly the same, cuz black don't crack.

MyThoughts

77!!! She looks fantastic, and has brought lots of laughter in this house. A classy lady!! :) The world needs more like her.

Firestone

That is such a dumb saying. Black people do get wrinkles just like white people. There are a lot of older white people that have no wrinkles either. SHe looks good but she has wrinkles around her eyes and forehead, so how people can look at that picture and say black don't crack is beyond me.

Sandra

She looks wonderful!!!, and she is 77 years old, Im sure she probably has a wig on #5, Geez

Toria

TMZ needs to allow readers to report posts for removal. There are some really sick, twisted and ignorant people who post and they should not be allowed to post their crap online.

sexyseason

what do you mean that white people don't have wrinkles. ya'll look 40 when your 19! their whole face seems to transform of something as they get older.

Wickeddoll

Victoria C, I totally agree that these people are sick (sometimes just plain mean),, and I think most of them are kids (at least I would hope adults wouldn't behave this way), but I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech, so the idiots have their say. Keep in mind that the average person like us will only shake our heads at the idiot,s and ignore their posts.

monkeynoodle

Um Firestone, have you been living under a rock your whole life? How could you have not noticed that black people seem to age remarkably well?

Carolyn A-B

I salute her. She fought back from adversity (being an adolescent wife and teenaged mother) and carved a niche for herself in a cutthroat industry. Florence was a sassy maid who didn't need to hold her tongue against her annoying boss, George Jefferson.

Marla represented, and when she made money, she invested in the neighborhood of South Central.

She looks marvelous.

my name is bindy not bindi

i love marla and think she's awesome... may God bless her always

Daneen

Everytime there's a picture of a black person we have to endure the stupid racist comments. Grow up already. Anyway, she looks great! I hope I look that good when I'm pushin 80.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments