Coolest Hand Dies

Paul Newman 1925 -2008.
Paul Newman
He was awesome.

midi

r.i.p.

Erin

My heart is breaking today for JoAnn and his family. He was a class act, giving away hundreds of millions of dollars to different charities. I was fortunate to be able to meet him a decade ago when I was volunteering at the Hole in the Wall Gang camp, and he is truely a beautiful man, inside and outside.

To whomever asked how he died.....I believe he had leukemia.

Sad, sad day here. I have always said I won't cry when famous people die, and I havent, but I also always said the only person I would shead a tear for would be Newman.

Godspeed, Paul Newman.

Tangie

A gentleman and a scholar...RIP Mr. Newman.

crazazy

This was not only a great actor, but a great man. He used his notariety to try and make this world a better place. He will be truly missed.

RIP

stevieboy

Once again we lose an American hero, Forget his great looks, forget the beautiful blue eyes. HE CARED ABOUT PEOPLE. a wonderful family man, a veteran of combat, a man who gave many million dollars to others. That folks, is a true hero. God less the entire family

arte help

Truly a class act. Sleep well.....

buddha1

Bye bye blue eyes!!

LJ1468

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" One of the greatest lines in a movie (Cool Hand Luke). Rip Mr. Newman.

Baby

Truly a sad day. He is irreplacable. My heart goes out to his family

cjs

I am saddened, but I smile when I think of some of the great lines that only Paul Newman could deliver.

He made it look easy and that's hard to do.. he was true to himself and lived life as fast and as fully as he drove his race cars.
Got to admire that.. he was Nobody's Fool that's for sure.

Thoughts are with his family and wonderful wife Joanne... I'm SO glad I kept last months Vanity Fair.. the picture of the two of them, he was laughing and looking at her, you could just tell that he adored her.

Sad, Sad day.

Ooooo Noooo!

He was a handsome actor in his younger days, but as he got old he lost his mind -- he started getting goofy or maybe people just used him as he got confussed from old age? Using his pasta sause business to give money to a convicted cop killer? Making goofy rates against America? I just felt sorry for the old man and stopped buying any of his stuff at the store. Beter to think of the younger man then what he became.

Michelle

"What we got here is a failure to communicate."

Bang.

Beat E.

Today... I just want to cry.

DWT

You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: 'Holy Christ, whaddya know - I'm still around!' It's absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and smoking and the cars and the career.
Paul Newman
RIP

Lindsay

what a life he lived. thanks for making it short and simple, tmz...no last pictures or video footage....rip