Newman's Own ... TMZ Tribute

9/27/2008 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul Newman made everything better, from salad to movies to charity work. Check out the TMZ photo tribute to a true legend.

Baseball Junkie

So sad. He was a wonderful man and a great actor.

Go Sox

Studio

I love the comment he made about his marrage. He was married for 50 years and told the press, WHY WOULD I GO OUT FOR A HAMBURGER WHEN I HAVE STEAK AT HOME. He was a wonderful man. He loved his family, and that is what counts in life.

frogs and gravel

"I wish you'd stop treating me so well boss man."

kathy

He is headed to a better place, no pain and now he can look down and see how much he influenced our lives, you will be missed. My heart goes out to the family members hang in there and GOD BLESS

lmk1979

Paul really made everything better from movies, to food, and to this world.He was and still is a true legend that will be missed!!!

Ruth

TMZ, this photo tribute is very moving and appropriate.

The news of Paul Newman's passing has really saddened me. His acting talent was extraodinary but what made him so special was his modesty, his decency and the amazing charity work which helped so many people throughout the years. He never disappointed me with his performances - always accurate and truthful. My condolences to his beloved wife and the family.

May he Rest in Peace.

Bull Dog Owner

What a true class act. All of Hollywoods actors should be following his lead.

JKR

THANK YOU TMZ............

A MANS MAN.......HONORABLE MAN

One Can Only Hope

Death is always made tragic by the friends and family that are left behind. In this case an enitre world of Human Beings are left behind, whether they realize their loss or not. It is a true testiment to how incredibly wonderful he touched human life. I would say Rest in Peace, but this man has done so much good in his years that my sentiment is worthless. One can only hope to be 1/4th of the wonderful person that this man was.
The world is forever in your debt.

reggie

What a Class Act ! The Newman charities have given over $175 million dollars.
Paul Newman lost his son Scott Newman in 1978 due to over-dose of alcohol and valium.
Paul started Scott Newman Foundation. Raised money to produce movies against drug and alcohol abuse.
He was so non-hollywood.Paul pushed for civial rights. Some called him a socialist. He was
passionate about his causes and charities. Hollywood and the World has lost a Wonderful and giving citizen !
More, people should caring on with life--- "living the true authetnic life" ! Mr. Newman wasn't afraid to speak his mind.
He didn't have to kiss any butt in order to get somewhere. He made it on his on accord !!! Too many phony and fakes
in the industry and he Could not be Bought ! My heart breaks for his lovely wife and Families ! God Bless

reggie

meant to write Civil Rights not civial
I know the grammar police with write you up on this blog

Rest in Peace Mr. Newman ( You are Newman's Best )

Joeythecatfish

I loved Some one up their likes me. Great movie about the Legendary Rocky Graziano. Mr Newman gave an acount of his staying with Graziano. Pure class act in Mr Newman's Movie's

meow

There are many pretenders to teh thrown of cool, but none sit so high that they become more then mighty. Except paul Newman. Gone is an Icon worth praise and note. What we have left over are the feew rpetenders who aren't even worth the paper the notes called Paul Newman are created on.

Debbie

The world is less brighter today and the stars more shinner. That bright star in the sky tonight will be Mr. Newman looking down and saying. We will meet again.

barbarab

Your are a wonderful person with a BIG heart---------my love goes to you Joan and your wonderful family

with prayers and confort