« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NASCAR Dispute Turns NASty

10/1/2008 4:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NASCAR star Robby Gordon claims he's been defrauded in a failed deal with Gillett Evernham Motorsports and wants a judge to excuse a million dollar bill.

Gordon's company made a deal to merge with Gillett Evernham Motorsports (a huge race team owner). According to legal documents, an investment company was hired to make the deal. But Gordon claims the deal went south because it was "fraudulently induced." As a result, Gordon and Co. want the judge to excuse an obligation to pay a $1,013,656 investment fee.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RaceGirl

NASCAR star? Obviously TMZ doesn't watch NASCAR. Robby is hardly a star. GEM is lucky that the deal went south. They are too good of a team to have Robby on board.

observer_2008

I think calling Robby Gordon a "racing star" is a laughable stretch.

48wood

Robby may not be a Nascar Star, probably a "Badboy" of sorts, however he does own his own team and is a fierce competitor, the court should give him a fair shake.

Shannon

The other Gordon would be considered the "star". This guy is a total joke.

shell

The only reason he owns a team is because he can't get on anyone elses........ He is a danger to the other drivers on the track. Just my .02

Triple Play

It looks like he is a jerk on and off the race track

Chaz

I didn't know TMZ covered NASCAR, A little out of the ol' T.M.Z. range wouldn't you say?

At least its credible journalism for a change.

"First!" Why do people say that like its a big deal?

Hoosier7

Ummmm, Robby's done more with his little team than any other owner/driver in recent history.

I really, really hate the "let's bash Robby" bandwagon. It's old. Thank God there is at least one independent still left in a corporate sport!

Wild Hog

Robby Gordon a star? HAH! He is the biggest baby in motor sports. He was crying because Danica Patrick has an advantage because she weights less than the male competitors.... he needs to quit crying and grow up! Damn I can't stand him!

pebbles

I like Robby Gordon and think you spent alot of time finding the worst possible picture of him. But he really is not a star, yet. Given time he might be. I think it is Evernham who is the jerk and a cheater and not an all around very nice person (yes, we have met him on a couple of occasions and were not impressed either time AT ALL). Robby should be glad not to go into business with him. Hope he gets his money back.

Proud Marine Mom

A few years agao, fans couldn't wait to hear: ROBBY GORDAN HITS THE WALL.
Lately I believe he has earned respect as a driver and owner.

Yes, some NASCAR fan will give me grief; I'm just saying what I'm saying. :)

littlepickdick

Getting the pole position means something vastly different to Robby than the rest of Nascar. I'm jus sayin'

BamBam

Wow, your mothers must not have taught you guys how to say something nice or say nothing at all. As for Robby Gordon not being a star, well we all know that you need a lot of cash to have a great team and to be competitive. If you put Jeff Gordon, or Carl Edwards in his car they would do just as bad, and vice-versa. Also Robby Gordon is an Owner and a Driver which is one of the hardest ways to compete in NASCAR, its almost imposible, Darrell Waltrip tried it to, and it didn't work for him either. Dont forget that Robby Gordon has a few other race teams too. He races Off-Road trucks as well, and he does pretty well during the BAJA races every year. So you guys need to grow up and quit bashing people. At least there are a few sane people in here.

racepix

The suit was dropped more than a week ago. Do your research!

racepix

Never mind. Different suit that was dismissed. My bad!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments