Bernhard Banned for Palin "Gang-Rape" Gag

10/2/2008 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Unlike Sandra Bernhard, not everyone thinks joking about gang-rape is high-larious.

The bigmouthed Bernhard just got axed from a benefit for a women's shelter because of her now-infamous "joke" that veep-seeker Sarah Palin would get "gang-raped by my big black brothers" when she came to NYC. "In light of our mission, we don't think violence against women is a laughing matter," says the PR rep of Rosie's Place.

Saucy Sandy's rep didn't immediately comment on the situation.

LeeLee

What an IDIOT! That scuz needs to be slapped in the face HARD. I am not a Palin supporter, but Sandra stepped way way way over the line with that disgusting comment. Shame on her!!

Nor-Cal

What did they "EXPECT?"

Papa Bear

hahaha are you serious??? Hate to tell you but I worked at an exotic zoo in San Fransisco for 4 yrs. The color of a gorilla's skin under his fur/hair is BLACK. Where the H do you get it's white??? The only ones who had white skin were the Gorilla's with white fur. They were albinos, so what's your fricking argument now dumbazz?

There is no such thing as reality tv

What an awful thing to say about anyone. Sandra really sunk to a new low, even for her.

Ruby

may she be surprised that all people who are pro-life are not stupid bitches.....some women even
believe that life begins at conception--surprise!!
Bernhard is an evil woman and I pity her soul.

Tear

Yikes someone needs to duck tape her mouth shut because obviously she doesn't have the brains to know how offensive this is! She's not funny at all, so she shock everyone to get any attention at all.

Shut up Sandy your ugliness is showing

GO KENDRA

WOW ! I WAS GLAD TO SEE POSTINGS AGAINST SANDRA'S COMMENT ! I thought for sure people would be on her side ! GAVE ME HOPE FOR THIS COUNTRY AFTER ALL !!! Bernhard and Margaret Cho are both disgusting ! LET'S GET BACK TO MORALS AND VALUES !! THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUPPORTIVE POSTINGS AGAINST SANDRA !!!!

Allan

She is disgusting - plain and simple.

doodahday

Die already disgusting vermin.

Lion-O

itiswhatitis is an idiot!!! Lighten up people!!! Obama = Diplomat / McCain = War monger. If you want peace and prosperity vote for Obama! If you want our economy to continue to fail keep voting Republican.

Happy

Hey Sherry, Yeah, being rape is nothing to joke about --- I think Americans have the right to be miffed and continually watching Hollyweirds run their mouths about candidates -- they're entertainers and so many of them are saving me tons of money -- I've so narrowed down who I will see now on the bigscreen and these actors should start getting it too --- sales for movies are so way down and will be more if Obama gets President after he taxes the hell out of all of us.

Moneymaker

Hasn't this angry lesbian been irrelevant for years? She makes my lesbian friends look bad. The Hollywood crowd turns me off more and more all the time with their hate spewing liberal diatribe. Thanks Sandra for showing the real you - ugly, insecure and abusive. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who will turn their back on you.

Melissa

Margaret Cho is peddling her rape story to promote her new TV show. I wonder if she helped write this joke for Bernhard.

Twinker

There is never ever anything remotely funny nor witty about rape or incest. Those topics are TABOO.

I'll snicker when I hear the first joke about Sarah P and the Idiotrod.

GO KENDRA

I THINK ITS DISGUSTING WHAT SANDRA SAID - AND I'M UPSET THAT THERE ARE NO OTHER RAMIFICATIONS FOR HER SAYING THIS ! Hispanic, Black, white, Jewish, Republican, Democrat.... AFTER ALL THAT IS HAPPENING W/THE BAIL OUT AND OUR ECONOMY ... it doesn't matter any more what race or religion we are ... WE HAVE TO UNITE AND HOPE WHOMEVER WINS THIS ELECTION IS ABLE TO DO HIS BEST TO GET US OUT OF THIS MESS ! NEVER AGAIN SHOULD WE BE IN THIS SITUATION !! I'm a Republican, and have high hopes that McCain wins - but if he doesn't, I'm not going to go bashing Democrats. LET'S JUST FIX OUR WORLD ! BACK TO MORALS AND INTEGRITY ! Sandra should have to face NAACP and other groups for her RUDE, DISGUSTING REMARK !!! Rape is not a joke !!