Katie Couric Swats Palin ... with the Economist

10/6/2008 1:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Katie Couric was spotted in NYC and asked to specifically name the magazines she reads, KC was savvy enough to answer the question (The Economist), crack a joke, and shred Sarah Palin -- all at the same time.
Katie Couric: Click to watch
How's that for "gotcha journalism!?"

webby

I forget whom here posted "Obama lama ding dong", but I'm laughing at it.....LOLOLOL

webby

Hey Buddha Lady - your are correct in that we don't need perky...NOR do we need incompetent, inept, void of experience community organizers hell bent on socialism running for the White House either.....pot, meet kettle.

D

DANG you are an idiot. shut your mouth.
She is great, And i would havve to agree. why the hell would it matter if we let alaska be free?
We only need Alaska for the oil anyways. once that is gone F*CK ALASKA

Suck it Republicans

To 64. Anti- Couric:

HAHAHAHAHA! Is that you Elizabeth Hasselbeck? The "endorsement" excuse is one of the lamest partisan excuses I have ever heard.

mom

This, from someone who has poor ratings? Wow. No matter what happens with the election, Palin will be a part of history. Katie..........has been history for a long time.

D

Obama doesn't have a clue. he is inexperienced and pathetic. and Biden is a liar.
His wife got killed because she pulled out in front of someone, whom biden says was drunk which is a flat out lie!
He is trying to get everyone to pity him. it won't work. maybe he should be truthful for a change.
Also he was remarried like 3 years later. he sure was broken up about it.
He is as fake just like Obama.

Triple Play

Katie is just jealous because she will be =unemployed soon. After she took CBS for lots of cash and took the nightly news to last place. she isn't a serious journalist if she was why would she call herself Katie. all sugar and no substance. A HACK is a HACK and goodnight now

WriteRight

The religious pundits suggest I go pick up a Bible, but, all due respect, I think you're the one's who needs to pick up the Bible and read it!

If you do read the Bible, I dare you to take a look at it and disprove my position that the Anti-Christ is prophesied to rise to power for a specified period of time in the very book you hold so dear.

If you believe that, and how could you not if you are, in fact, a Christian, then why fight against the Anti-Christ rising to power allegedly in the form of Obama?

Any Christian knows that the Bible is the ordained word of God and as such is Perfect Truth and since it says the Anti-Christ WILL rise to power, what sense does it make for man to rally against the express word of the God he professes to be subserviant to?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

P.S. The way I see it, Obama isn't the Anti-Christ...what he is, is America's last hope of digging itself out of the immense hole we're in thanks in large part to the Republican Party.

If you'll be honest with yourself for 5 minutes you'll admit that if John McCain was saying the same things Obama is in the same way, you would embrace him as your next political saviour, but since he's Black...he's got to be the Anti-Christ.

As I've said before, that doesn't just make you a racist, it makes you sound stupid and I know you're not stupid.

Raise your level of thinking.

There's a better you and me out there.

Won't you at least give it a try?

I leave it to you.

Goodmorning

SHE'S A UGLY BITCH...

D

Dude if you can remember something so petty and ridiculous about peole from the view, you need a life. and quick.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ned

Obama is a nothing but a glorified coke-sniffing street activist. I do not want an Al Sharpton/Jessie Jackson/Karl Marx arrogant puke calling himself my "leader."

And why do stupid white people want to vote for him?

Goodmorning

Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act Of 2005 (McCain's Bill Which Obama Opposed)
May 25, 2006 | John McCain

Sen. John McCain [R-AZ]: Mr. President, this week Fannie Mae's regulator reported that the company's quarterly reports of profit growth over the past few weeks were 'illusions deliberately and systematically created' by the company's senior management, which resulted in a $10.6 billion accounting scandal.
The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's report goes on to say that Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. In the case of Franklin Raines, Fannie's former chief executive officer, OFHEO's report shows that over half of Mr. Raines' compensation for the 6 years through 2003 was directly tied to meeting earnings targets. The report of financial misconduct at Fannie Mae echoes the deeply troubling $5 billion profit restatement at Freddie Mac.
The OFHEO report also states that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator's examination of the company's accounting problems. This report comes some weeks after Freddie Mac paid a record $3.8 million fine in a settlement with the Federal Election Commission and restated lobbying disclosure reports from 2004 to 2005. These are entities that have demonstrated over and over again that they are deeply in need of reform.
For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- known as Government-sponsored entities or GSEs -- and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market. OFHEOs report this week does nothing to ease these concerns. In fact, the report does quite the contrary. OFHEOs report solidifies my view that the GSEs need to be reformed without delay.
I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.
I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.

WriteRight

WriteRight ~ I refuse to dignify your comment with a "rational" response.
Posted at 2:43PM on Oct 6th 2008 by Dallas

More side-stepping and deception all wrapped nice and neat inside a cocoon of incredulous sneering. lol

You're sounding more and more like Palin everyday.

You can't debate what I've said because it's the truth and there is no pro or con to the truth.

Truth is truth, plain & simple.

I still challenge you to ask yourself the questions which really matter.

Why are you racist against a Black man who is capable & worthy of ascending to the White House?

Why do you rally against the very Book and God you profess to worship?

Why do you refuse to pick up that same Bible and find the truth for yourself?

Why do you feel so empty, hopeless, without merit or value when you continue to stand on the empty issues of the political right?

I say again, you're better than that Dallas....we ALL are.

Stretch yourself, challenge yourself, push yourself to step outside of that little box you're living your life inside of.

I know you can do it.

Change is just on the other side. :o)

I wish for you only good things.

Suck it Republicans

To 73. McCain-Palin 2008:

"Also he was remarried like 3 years later. he sure was broken up about it. "

Do you really want to go there? McCain cheated on his disfigured wife. I won't even address the rest of your lies.

DaveO

She only wishes she would get as much press as Palin. When and If Palin doesn't get elected I imangine CBS will be calling Palin to replace this has been. It really doesn't matter who wins the election the country is in the tank. Banks are going to dropping like flies Obama has no chance in hell of pulling us out of this mess in 8 or 12 years. I am so glad my house is paid for and I don't have a dime in the stockmarket. I will be seeing you all in the soup line as I drive by in my Humve.