Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero

10/15/2008 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 69-year-old resurfaced at a NYC event, looking stunning.
Connie Francis
In 1974, Connie was raped at a Howard Johnson's Lodge after a performance at the Westbury Music Fair. The rapist was never found.

Connie has been divorced four times and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

NJmac

When we used to see Conie visiting friends as a small girl she was really cute - in Essex Fells she was a beautiful lady - she moved to Florida and became a cross between the Joker and Michael Jackson - stop already.

LC-Former Jersey Girl

TO #69 - ROSEMARY. I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER. THANK YOU.
AND TO ALL YOU SO CALLED PERFECT PEOPLE, GO S___ IN YOUR HAT & PULL IT OVER YOUR EARS.

CA

I am putting myself out on a limb here, because Connie is worth it. IF you have a desire to see what she REALLY looks like today..go to this website. http://www.conniefrancisrocks.com
THAT is the real Concetta! Beautiful and always a kind and caring soul.
Carol Adams
Connie Francis ROCKS!

SP

Well, the glowing comments far outweigh the negative ones. That says a great deal about Connie, a true legend and really the first female superstar of the rock era. Having said this, greter neghative comments would be posted about most other stars. Imagine Madonna and Whitney being focused upn!

Crayongirl

Yes -she has a juicy past with lots of 'Black soul legends' -- ask her about her Children.

2099 days ago

Toria

She looks almost as bad as Leona Helmsley did before she died! Scary!

2066 days ago

King Louis

Connie Francis was my idol growing up. She was the pride of the Italian -American community and the most popular female vocalist in history. I saw all 44 of her appearances on the ed Sullivan show and cried every time i saw her in person or in concert. I have all of her records in all the languages she recorded in. I lived in the same town and she went to school with my cousin. I look forward to seeing her in concert at the Foxwoods Casino in April 2009!

2066 days ago

Muchado

Connie Francis had a gorgeous voice. She was the best female vocalist of the late 50s. While I loved her singing, I think she looks anything but stunning today. It looks as though she and Michael Jackson had the same plastic surgeon for their nose jobs. Of course, Michael was trying to change from being a Negro to being a white person. All the money in the world couldn't do that Michael. Sorry about that. Connie had no need of a nose job or anything else. Why did you do it Connie? Your voice was your legacy. Unlike Michael Jackson, you didn't need anything else to validate your worth.

2066 days ago

Tea

I watched her in movies when I was a child. She had a beautiful
voice, I remember the rape in the news . It's something
that tormented her since. and because the person was never caught even
worse.
It is a shame that the only thing the post remembered was a rape. She
has entertained for many years. She has more qualities then all the
disappointments. Hope she is doing well and has some happiness in her
life. Happy New Year All

2066 days ago

fed up

when I was 10 or11, I remember going shopping with my Mom and hearing "where the boys are" on the store speakers. I didn't have the foggiest idea what love was I only know that here was this tremendous song playing and i really started getting into music after that!!! please leave her alone! let her always be that lovely lady that she is. peace

2066 days ago

monkeypiestew

with a gorgeous voice like hers - ^this is what you post?

you make me disgusted. And all of you who are posting comments about her looks or obvious plastic surgery, are clearly weak, superficial, image obsessed sad people.

Paul Cooper

I am of the era when Connie Francis was really wowing us (1960...s) and even now in 2011, I still play her music, like the late great Patsy Cline, she will be remembered for her great talent. The trauma that she has had in her life, make her an even bigger star to me, for all the joy her singing brought to the world, I thank her, and wherever she is now, I send her all my love and hope that now her twilight years are filled with happiness. Bless you Connie.

TJ

Rumor has it that American Idol contestant, Pia Toscano, is being eyeballed to portray a young Connie Francis in a movie about Connie's life. An original movie project that was supposed to star Gloria Estefan as Connie was shelved.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6