Malik Yoba -- Undercover Brother

10/21/2008 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Malik Yoba starred as Detective J.C. Williams in "New York Undercover" back in the mid 90s -- and has since played a cop on "CSI: Miami," "Raines" and at least five other shows. Good to see he hasn't been typecast.
Malik Yoba: Click to watch

Barfalufugus

Better than being typecast as a criminal.

bleh

Undercover I get, but unless you know whether the gentleman has siblings, the use of "brother" signals ugliness within TMZ's soul. (If it has one.)

Marisen

Don't forget his great role in a Danish comedy "Ohh happy day" Trust me he is not at criminel in that one..
Great movie.. Love him in it. :-)

Loud and talentless

Perhaps he can share an apartment with Bobby Brown and spend some of Whitney's settlement money ... Do either one of them have a valid driver's license or the right to vote? That's a BIIIIIG NO!

tickles

Why the hate? Malik has been around for a while...I don't remember him getting into trouble and all the other nonsense.
I always liked him a lot. The girl from the show is now on Dexter and I've seen the other guy in a few things. They are all still working...no drama. Good for them.

And maybe I am naive #2...but maybe TMZ was just trying to make a joke...a play on New York Undercover and Eddie Griffin's movie Undercover Brother...you know...both shows were about cops/spies who were undercover.

Mike

Don't forget he played Yul Brenner in Cool Runnings based on the real life Jamaican Bobsled team!

Lady H

Malik Yoba is doing big things in Hollywood. Those who are not there would not know, He's the kindest guy and well respected by his peers. He was amazing in Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married last year . It was #1 at the box office and that Danish film , Oh happy Day shows his range. He does good cop, but truth be known he does good everything. The man is talented. I think he even has an albume out. He's hosting and in theatre production business. Chcek out his Myspace.comn page ..his work is really amazing and the blogs are poignant.

sunshine

I would like to say that Malik Yoba I love new york undercover was my favorite show. I would like to see it come on tv again. You remind me of my husband. Tell you the truth he looks alot like you. I went to see you in richmond va at the play his woman his wife. I really enjoyed that play. I wanted to go back and see it.We took pictures of you. You very talented person. I pray that God will lead you where you need to be. I really enjoy you singing also. I'm so proud of seeing Malik doing well. I pray that you continue to be all that you can be. Keep the faith. God Bless You!