McCain Backer Attacked, Mutilated in Pittsburgh

10/23/2008 7:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ashley ToddHere's what went down with the McCain/Palin supporter who was allegedly attacked in Pennsylvania last night.

According to Pittsburgh cops, around 9:30 PM last night, Ashley Todd was robbed after she went to the ATM. The victim says during the robbery, the assailant saw the McCain/Palin sticker on her car and became "enraged." He struck her and knocked her down, and allegedly carved a "B" on her cheek.

The assailant is still at large. Police tell us all they have is a description -- a man, 6'4", with dark skin and dark clothes.

A McCain spokesman confirmed to TMZ Todd volunteered in McCain's Pennsylvania office.

UPDATE: Anthony Pugliese, Pennsylvania state chair of the College Republican National Committee (of which Todd is a member), tells TMZ, Todd is "shaken up" but is doing OK. Prior to the attack, Todd was doing phone banking at one of the McCain offices.

obamalovingloser

You can judge a man by his friends and supporters. Obama is supported by countless thugs and criminals.

Adrienne

Posted at 5:43PM on Oct 23rd 2008 by KD
------------------------------
OK, I see what you mean too

obama osama

How the liberal media will spin this:

"A 20-year old white woman tried to mug a 6-foot 200-pound innocient black man.

whos_yadaddy

If what happen is true - I hope they catch him and give him the maxium sentence, which will probably be 30 days and a suspended sentence. Hail to the justice system. When will we start being a kinder more understanding socieity. I'm a Republican but I respect the opions of Democrates

obamalovingloser

Show me a man's friends and supporters and I'll show you the man.

ed

Be careful white people, this is what you can expect by electing Obama. He will personally come into your neighborhood, carrying a knife and CUT you!

Remember: hate and violent acts are the sole property of the Democrats, The Republicans would NEVER tolerate or endorse any violent acts!

Wickeddoll

This smells of a fake story to drum up sympathy for McCain and his supporters. They didn't need to do this for *my* pity - their desperation already evoked it.

obama supporter

Obama is NOT a Muslim. I get sick of seeing misinformation spewing. This assailant does NOT represent Obama supporters. He obviously is a nut case and needs to be captured and put away. I hope the woman is okay. It is awful.. For the record we have had Mccain supporters with similar threatening behaviors( and vandalism) Obviously these people are nut cases as well and don't represent all McCain supporters..

Let's stop grouping everyone into one big category shall we?

let's save the world

Hey "KD" #85...I know exactly what you mean...and it is not fair. I have a McCain sign that I have been wanting to post on my yard and haven't yet, afraid that someone is going to throw rocks at my window since I live in on a street that is diverse.

And this is exactly what the Obama campaign is instilling on people..racism

Oh, I miss Hilary so much!

SIGH...

DRUDGE HAS A PHOTO OF THE GIRL WHO ALLEGEDLY WAS ATTACKED (AS TMZ STATES) ON HIS WEBSITE.

cheryl

McCain wins or loses this is what we have to look forward to. My bet is Barry Loses....Riot. Barry Wins.....Riot.

jeezlouise

Phone Boy- Yes, it is a racist comment posted from a girl that was called a "white bitch" at Caesars Palace last month by a person I didnt even look at. She said it as I walked by and my boyfriend heard it. Where is the racism coming from? Blacks

jo ann

Health Care..........................They will kill off the old people and smokers, next it will be the fat people , then maybe people who drink White people will go first,they will have to pay for the sins of there great grand parents past.. All will happen if Obama gets in.

obama osama

Republicans have Joe the Plumber

Democrats have Rufus the Armed Robber

Maddy

I live in the midwest and it's bad here. Cars with McCain stickers are being spray painted and have windows broken out. Houses/garages have a B spray painted on them if there is (was) a McCain sign in the yard. We have been told by the local police to remove these signs to be safe. You can say it's just a few doing this, but all of the "few" who have been arrested here are black. And laughing in the news broadcasts. It's scary here.