The Return of Opie, Sheriff Andy and The Fonz

10/23/2008 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Would you be willing to shave your beard and dress up like an eight-year-old for your presidential candidate of choice? Ron Howard is.
Play video
Howard, Andy Griffith and Henry Winkler are so committed to Barack Obama, they are willing to embarrass themselves the best way they know -- by invoking their famous TV characters of yore on FunnyOrDie.com.

TJ

It's funny. Real funny. I still watch Happy Days to this day. But either way, america is screwed with Obama or McCain. McCain is my pick cause at least he has the experience. Obama is just about as experienced as Bush was when he took office

There is no such thing as reality tv

These celebs just jump on the liberal bandwagon every election. I doubt they even care who is running, just as long as they are not Republican. They seem like they all want to be with the "cool and popular" crowd like a bunch of high-school kids.

Jewbie

It was funny to see them as the old characters. But it just another attempt at celebrities pushing their politics. Get a clue, we have a mind of our own.

Tiki

Every time these idiots come out and voice their opinion about politics, it makes me not want to support them at the box office. I don't really care what they think. Their opinion is no more important to me than Joe Blow off the street. Why don't you just shut up and make movies and keep your opinions to yourself.

NiceGuy

Xelent!,Xelent! Great to see Ron Howard and the gang had a great time digging up those charecters of theres.

M & M

I've totally decided that all or any celebs voting for (NO)bama are idiots. Case closed!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave

Thought it was way cool,Still hate Obama,But Ron is still cool,he has an opinion,it's his....anyway,...loved it,...BUT WILL NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA!

nico

IDIOTS

Twinker

I am the world's greatest fan of The Andy Griffith Show so much that I can quote the dialogue word for word of several episodes. My fav characters were Floyd, Aunt Bee and Barney...

That being said, there was a noticeable lack of African Americans (The debate is some say there were 3 African
Americans, I say there were 4) in Mayberry and only until the show sort of "jumped the shark" (when Don Knotts left) did they mention the Viet Nam war (Aunt Bee at a restuarant) and allow for other "real world" references.

Personally, I am delighfully surprised to see how open minded both Andy and Ron are.

Go Sarah!

Ok, Ron Howard and Henry Winkler are no surprise. They have the "guts" to step our for Obama in Hollywood. Big woop. But Andy Griffith... I am SO disappointed. I guess I won't be buying anymore reruns of the Andy Griffith Show.

FutureTVStar

That was great!! Very creative!! I'm glad Ron, Henry and Andy are rooting for Obama. They are great people and talented (not like the a^&*$*s TMZ showcases everyday).

bew

Damn. Obama is getting desperate. Trying to get votes from people they hate and who they think are redneck racist hicks using The Andy Griffith Show? That is freaking desperate.

Lenn K.

What's next? Robert Blake as Baretta for Obama? We get it, the cult followers of Hollyweird all walk in the same liberal socialist step or you DON'T work. Group think just like Cuba, China and Hugo's place in South America.

tanya

WOW!!!! RON HOWARD I LAUGHED SO MUCH, THAT AD IS TERRIFIC, IT IS A PLEASURE TO LAUGH THROUGH ALL THE HATEFUL RACIST COMMENTS THUMBS UP TO YOU IT WAS GREAT.

NOBODY YOU KNOW

I WORKED WITH RON ON "FROST NIXON", WHICH ISN'T OUT YET, AND MUST SAY HE'S ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN HOLLYWOOD! PROBABLY IN PART BY WORKING WITH OTHER GREATS LIKE ANDY AND HENRY DURING HIS CHILDHOOD AND YOUNG ADULT YEARS. KEEP MAKING THOSE EXCELLENT MOVIES MR. HOWARD!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments