Julianne Hough Blasts Her Peeps Over Cyst

10/28/2008 3:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Julianne Hough just blogged her management wanted her to lie about her medical condition.

Hough says: "It turned out I ruptured a cyst that was on my ovary." But she claims "my management and the other people around me were trying to think of something else I could say that was wrong with me, but I was like, don't worry. I want to be a good role model."

Hough's future on this season's "Dancing with the Stars" is uncertain. She'll be operated on soon.

libertybelle

Thank you poster: Amazed at your Stupdity. OMG. I have been there. I have had a torsed hemmorhagic cyst. I had a tennis ball sized cyst that twisted around my ovary and had to be surgically removed b/c it was cutting off blood flow. Surgery was neccessary. I know smaller cysts can go away on their own. There are different sizes of cysts. Some do go away on their own. The larger ones (especially those wrapped around an organ) can cut off blood flow to say, an ovary. It is not worth losing your fertility. Ovarian cysts have nothing to do with STDs. They are generally genetic. I have had what Julianne has. I am glad she is talking about it openly and honestly. This condition can take away a woman's fertility. There is nothing embarrasing about ovaries. We all have them.

Tdub

I'm glad Julianne decided to be honest about her procedure. Two years ago, I had a sudden, unbearable pain in my right side, which they deemed appendicitis. During an emergency appendectomy, my doctors found a cyst the size of a baseball on my right ovary, which was causing my appendix to nearly rupture. This prompted the removal of the ovary because the cyst was malignant. It could have been a lot worse, and if anything, women need to keep their yearly visits with their gynos and to help fight both ovarian and cervical cancer. Good choice, Julianne!

marty garozzo

Julianne take care and do not rush to come back until you are well. I thought it was strange to schedule a appendectomy too. You are one of my favorites. you and your brother are so young and so talented it is unbelievable. god bless and take care

silly network! Ciao marty

Yo Mama

Regarding scheduled appendectomies - This can happen. My mother's appendix burst about two weeks before she actually realized it. She had to take a massive course of antibiotics to get the inflammation down and the surgery was scheduled for several weeks later. She walked around just fine and wasn't in any pain.

Evan

Geez, it's one lie after another. Well, which is it, endometriosis, ovarian cyst or appendicitis. Get it straight Julianne. How about the truth. You're dirtbag boyfriend knocked you up, your egg was fertilized in your fallopian tube (ectopic pregnancy) and that's why everyone around you is making tell so many different stories. That's why you were in so much pain and that's why you had to have surgery so quickly.

everyonesfriend

Umm, Julie, as a nurse for an OB/GYN for many years, if Julianne had an ectopic pregnancy, and it burst, that would be considered a medical emergency as it could kill her. They never would have let her out of the hospital and most certainly she would never have been allowed to dance the next night. So, I believe what she said, she ruptured an ovarian cyst, they found endo, perhaps via ultrasound while she was in the emergency room and decided to to the laparoscopy and take a look around when she went in for surgery. Removal of the appendix is common with some GYN's, because it can become infected with these issues or some Dr.s feel, since they right there, why not take it out to avoid problems down the line. Some Dr.s refuse to take it out, because if it's not broke, why fix it. Either way, your comment is redneck and tacky. Julianne deserves better. Get well Julianne and ignore the idiots, please.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3