Julia Hudson

Still 'Friends' with Murder Suspect

10/30/2008 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Almost a week after the brutal slayings of her mother, brother, and son, Julia Hudson inexplicably remains friends with estranged husband William Balfour, the "person of interest" in the case -- at least on the Internet.

Julia Hudson has logged onto her MySpace account numerous times in the last few days -- as recently as today, according to MySpace -- but has yet to remove William Balfour, who goes by "Flex" on MySpace, from her list of friends.

She has changed her personal photo and replaced written passages on her page, among other things. And as of today, she describes her online mood as "numb."

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

SHOCKED

I AM SO SHOCKED AT JULIA... I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HER...I'M TELLING YOU ALL I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THE COPS FOUND OUT THAT SHE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!SHE IS REALLY PATHETIC...

2094 days ago

Curious

I'm just curious #300. It sounds as if you know Julia personally. Do you?

2094 days ago

hum

Since TMZ reported this, Julia has set her myspace page to private. It's kinda funny that she's been logging onto myspace the day of her mother, brother murder, and when her son was found murdered. Why is it that u haven't seen or heard from Jennifer, but her sister is all on "her" myspace page...I guess u get through grief through myspace!

2094 days ago

NAUJ

THIS WOMAN(FOOL) IS CRAZY AS HELL. SHES AS STUPID AS THEY COME.SHE NEED TO BE RIGHT THERE IN JAIL WITH HIM. THESE TWO FOOLS BELONG TOGETHER!

2092 days ago

PrincessMe

Ok, people say we should let her gieve. But what type of mother sits down and gets on a computer to log on to MYSPACE when her child is missing? When her mother and brother have been found dead? Whats wrong with Julia? She still has William on her myspace because she still loves him! on her myspace she reveals what type of person she is. she is materialistic and sick in the head! she is on myspace even after her sons body is found! EXCUSE me but that is not a way to grieve... you go on myspace because she thinks she is some type of celebrity now. She loves all the attention she is getting now. As she herself states she is always "BORED" hmm maybe she knows more to this crime then she is saying. She has William on her myspace? hmm why when his myspace isnt private? Then if you sit and think about it, William AKA FLEX got arrested and some how he was logged in and his status said, "LOCKED UP" & "forgotten" Maybe it was LONLEY and BORED julia who logged into his myspace and maybe thats just why she doesnt delete the myspace because she knows she made it! Makes you think... But she has something to do with it or she knows way more then she is letting on! Either way she needs to get her self off of myspace and do somethig with herself!

2092 days ago

noyankhere

I agree no 11 and no 15, some of these women have no self esteem any bit of rough will do.. even a ones as low life as this goon....all this incident has done is to high light the cronic rates of mindless black on black crimes that are now normal in us urban areas.. why worry about white peole when blacks are doing the job all by themselves?.

2092 days ago

noyankhere

the reason that this englewood area is crime ridden is that blacks themselves tolerate it and fester in it.. indeed they wallow in it.. untill they are ready to let go of this way of life nothing is going to change for them, no black president is going to make a jot of difference because they are still going to be killing each other over a loaf of bread and a chicken leg at the local barbecue...all the while expecting someone to come down from heaven and rescue them from themselves..why is it that when black americans embark on these senseless crime sprees and murder most horrid programmes to wipe each other out.. all that happens is a lot of clapping and hymn singing and bible quoting?.where are the so called black leaders or church elders talking about it.? where is the outrage against the black self inflicted violence that does nothing for their communities .?yet if any white man was remotely involved they would be out there doing the jena6 march..., screaming and ranting and raving like lunatics . am sorry , but it doesnt wash... clean up your house to get any credibiliy instead of attacking the messenger..blacks dont like being called to order... but untill they start to take it seriously , all that self rightous rage just looks so hollow.. fix up...

2092 days ago

ConcernedMotherof2&Wife

Alot of you all have made some good points and I am just here just to say that I am still praying for this family, because everyone in the family isn't guilty..... I am not pointing the finger at anyone, I am just saying, please continue to pray, because Julian, certainly didn't harm anyone or deserve to be murdered with a .45....

They are still in need of prayer!!

Since the funeral on Monday, I haven't heard anything about the case, I called myself checking reliable news sources, but nothing really came up. I will be glad when the Police & FBI, solve this case.

As sad as it is, some of the people that are very critical on here are right in the same perspective. Someone stated that the black radicals or activist against black crime would be all over this, if they were certain that a white person did it...

Well, that is very true. In Arkansas, a little black boy had a toy gun and a white police officer said he thought it was real so he shot and killed the little boy. That was a real sad case.

Al Sharpton, went there right away, he even paid for the family to march in D.C., he paid for the funeral and did the eulogy at the funeral. I hate pointing fingers, and I am very close to blacks and whites, they are actually close members in my family, so I am definitely not one to pull the race card... But, that scenario, was the first one that came to my head...

In this Hudson case, other than kind words and encouragement, Jesse Jackson nor Al Sharpton, has staged a protest, march, or anything. I do recall someone saying that Jesse Jackson was at the funeral and Rev. Sharpton, may have been too, I just don't remember seeing that... I don't want to quote wrong information so, again, I am not sure if he was there... What I am getting at is, if they are going to march, protest, go to police departments and all those things when a white person kills a black.... and they feel like it is unjust.... They should do the same for black on black crime when they see that justice is not being served. Maybe enough time hasn't passed, and maybe they will come forward and put pressure on the judicial system like they have when it was unjust in their eyes, with the white on black crimes.

It brings tears to my eyes to see that some people, black and white, have not overcome the "race" issues.... I just want justice served, no matter who it was that pulled the trigger, black or white!!! That is really all I am saying.

My father was murdered in cold blood, because he wouldn't give money to a drunk man that had a gambling problem. My father was sitting in his truck, the man snuck up on him, on the passenger side, stuck his gun in the window, my daddy raised his arm, I guess to shield his face, and he was shot through his side and it went to his heart. My father died. The man is free as a bird. I see that man everytime I go to visit my family in that area. He didn't serve any time. Now, this was a black on black crime, and no one came and said, this is not right, that man should be locked up!!!! So, I am just saying, if they are going to stand up for some, they should do it for all.

But black on black and white on white, happens alot, so that doesn't stick out to them, that won't get enough air time to them or media play, so they play the race card, which is just wrong.

I know it has been alot of unjustifiable things that have happened over the years, I promise you I do.... But, those days are over... People say they want a change, but they keep reverting back to those days.

I know alot of things went by, and justice wasn't served, my father's murder, was one of them, but I am not going around being a radical or an a**hole, to everyone that I see because of that.

I don't know who killed these 3 people, I pray and hope and that justice will be served, WHOEVER it is that did it. I feel like everyone that is so concerned, and feels like justice needs to be served in the Chicago area, since they are close to the Englewood area, should put pressure on the departments there, not just in this case, because a celebrity is involved, but in every case, where someone is shot in cold blood. Maybe, the crime rate will go down... I know that sounds like a dream, but dreams and hopes do come true. Alot of famous people had dreams and hopes and they happened. They did what they needed to do, worked hard and kept their nose clean. Barack Obama, probably thought it was a long shot for him to become president, but it happened. So, if communities, then cities, then states.... come together, to rid their areas of drug dealers, rapist, and cold blooded murderers, in due time, it will clear out, but instead of trying to bring your sister or brother down, we should try to come together and bring each other up. When I say brother and sister, I mean all races... We are all equal in God's eyes, I know everyone is equal in my eyes. We all bleed the same color bloo

2092 days ago

nicole

to # 20 Posted at 12:10PM on Oct 30th 2008 by chitown lady

that is a picture of her mother.

2092 days ago

southsidechicago

For #307 - I hear what you're saying and agree with the ideas you express. I too have lost loved ones to random acts of violence (one shot and killed in a carjacking attempt, the other mortally injured when a man who had been involved in an argument tried to run over his adversary, and hit my guy's nephew instead). Both were young African American men, and both cases remain unsolved to this day (first incident happened last December, second in April of this year) in spite of the fact that the boys have two uncles in the Chicago Police Department who continue to regularly follow up with the detectives to move things forward.

But in the Hudson cases. I don't think that the reason we're seeing an absence of the public outcry.... protest marches, media statements from community leaders, etc. is because, at least here in Chicago, we don't yet have any reason to believe that the police have lost interest in working on the case to solve the crimes. We heard just a day or two before the family funeral that the police were going to have some DNA testing done on the weapon and some other pieces of evidence found in the house, and I know it takes some time to get that back. Our Superintendent of Police had made several statements last week indicating that CPD pretty much had the information needed to solve the case so I believe they are just tying up the loose ends so that when they make the charges, the case will be solid. I don't think we've heard the last of this yet.

2091 days ago

ConcernedMotherof2&Wife

To: southsidechicago,

I appreciate you letting me know, because I know that is not something that you had to. I am glad to hear that in Chicago, it is still being discussed. I am so happy to hear that they are getting closer. I don't want this crime to fall between the cracks or any other crime. I would love to see justice served in all crimes.

I do remember before the funeral service on Monday, they were waiting the results of the DNA, from the weapon, I think that is one of the keys they will need to go further.

I see you and I both know all to well, how violent crimes happen and nothing is done about them. I am sorry to hear about your loss as well.
See, with me being in another state, it isn't "BREAKING NEWS", anymore.... They have moved to other things. That's how alot of crimes go unsolved, because the pressure isn't there, and they go on to the next crime. I want this crime to be solved, along with all the other unsolved crimes. I just can't stop thinking about that 7 year old child, Julian, that is sad. I don't know who did this, so I am just sitting back waiting for the murderer(s) to be caught and put in jail. After which, they need to be fried!!!!!! That was a senseless crime, forreal...

Again, southsidechicago, thank you....Because some people have posted some useless and ignorant things on here, but I appreciate what you posted. Although, I know everyone and anyone can put what they want on here. Just in a case like this, where there were 3 people murdered, I just wish people would be more sensitive and sympathetic to the family. I am still praying for the entire family and pray that this case gets solved real soon!!! God Bless You All!!

2091 days ago

Gsharon710

Someone needs to inform Julia that it is not wise to post certain things on her myspace at this time. She has it private, but there are some who pass the information and pictures out. Julia should really just keep quiet until there has been a trial. The statement about loving someone that cost her, her family tells what she is thinking, or maybe knowing. They should have found enough evidence to charge her ex if they are going to. I have read so many news reports and so many are different. Another statement written prior to the murders about her son. "his ass is here" has turned many heads, whereas if the murders had not taken place, it would have just been passed over as slang talk.

2089 days ago

You are all getting closer to the truth

I think you all just might be getting closer to the truth. Now that all of these negative comments about Julia's involvment may be in question, I notice that SUDDENLY her myspace is set to private. Also I understand Jennifer is in a tiff with her sister, about what??? I have to give props to Jennifer, to come from such a family and still have the drive to rise above to make it is a true testament to her. I am sorry for her losses, but I think she needs to look a little to the left of herself to find the culprit.

Also a note. Balfour was in jail Friday night and a woman said she saw TWO men driving the white SUV and throwing the gun two days later. How could Balfour be in jail and THERE at the same time? I do smell a setup although until today I did not believe so.

2089 days ago

deshauna smith

I truly have this strong belief that Julia Hudson and WIlliam Balfour was in this thing together for life insurance money. If anyone paid attention to her words on her my space page before she made it private, she was extremely jealous of jason and Jennifer and she wanted to be free!! Otherwise why would i want to keep him listed as a friend. A family friend states that Jennifer and Julia are not getting along. I would have a 101 questions for Julia, if was a Chicago Detective but look at what police department we are talking about-The same that framed hundreds of innocent men- I think the police should take a closer look at Julia Hudson because somehow she was involved for the limelight and she still has not received-check the captions on her my space pictures.

2089 days ago

KENISHA MEADE

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK IT IS PRETTY STUPID SHE STILL HAS HIS PIC ON HER PAGE IF THAT WAS MY CHILD/FAMILY ID GO CRAZY I WOULDNT WNT TO SEE HIS FACE I HV 2LITTLE GIRLS AND I CLDNT IMAGINE A MAN/HUSBAND HARMING MY BABY THEY ARE TO PRECIOUS AND DNT HRT ANYONE TO TAKE A LIFE OF A LITTLE PERSON IS SICK!!!

2021 days ago