Mackenzie Phillips

- Diverted

10/31/2008 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An L.A. judge has just made Mackenzie Phillips' day.

Mackenzie Phillips: Click to watch
Mackenzie was ordered into a drug diversion program after pleading guilty to a felony drug charge, specifically cocaine. You'll recall Phillips was busted at LAX last August after baggies and balloons of coke and heroin fell down her pant leg at security.

Phillips was in court with her miracle lawyer, Blair Berk. The guilty plea will be dismissed when Mackenzie completes the diversion program. Once that happens the whole incident will be wiped from her record. Phillips addressed the court, saying, "I want to thank the Los Angeles Police Department and the Airport Police for stopping me -- they saved my life."

At one point during the proceedings, the D.A. turned to Mackenzie and asked her if she had appeared on "Diff'rent Strokes," she humbly told him it was actually "One Day at a Time."

The other charges against Phillips were dismissed.

After the bust, Phillips checked herself into rehab -- her 10th stint. This time there's a lot of hope. She looked great today in court. Here's wishin' ...

Zip It

And how many rehab/diversion programs does this make for her now?

Luke Warmwater

One Day At A Time are truly words to live by, MacKenzie

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

Good for her.,.. good luck and God Bless, MacKenzie - I hope this time you can kick that demon.

Barfalufugus

Good luck Mackenzie, I hope this time around it works for her. I think it's great that she is going to rehab and all, but once she is done with rehab this gets wiped from her record?

Barfalufugus

Her 10th stint? She should not be able to have this wiped off of her record when she completes rehad.

deleta

Yeah, didn't Tatum say that too. Must be the "Hollywood Plea", givving thanks to all those who busted her. Thank you, mean it.

mary

I wonder how many non-celebs would get their record wiped clean if they went to rehab?

saintbernard6

Way to go Mackenzie. I so enjoyed you on the show and have seen nearly every episode. I will pray for you that the rehab works this time. If it doesn't please keep trying until it does. Lean on God and He will lead you through this. As for the number of times it takes--as many as necessary. Many prayers are going up for you and many hugs are being sent to you as you travel this difficult road.

Zoya

I think this is how all drug abusers should be treated when caught with drugs (of course as long as they are not being arrested for something else.) Drugs are terrible and we need to get these people help no one is a helpless cause. Of course to all u druggies who get caught with em on you while your hurting society(by commiting crimes) tough luck so sorry but behind the bars you go.

babymomma

The DA is a DA (dUmb A$$) for not knowing what show she was on. That's pretty bad, you bust a celeb, work in LA and not know who they are esp since i'm sure this isn't a first for her. Yep One Day at A Time - that's all you take it Mackenzie...

wowsywoowoo

It amazes me everytime a Hollywood star or athlete or rich gets busted they can do rehab and get the charges to 'disappear' this does not happen with average Joe or anyone for that matter who does not have money. Money sure changes the rules in our justice system. The whole criminal justice system needs to treat EVERYONE the same for the same crimes.

nancy17

I hope this time she gets it right because she has been in rehab so many times. She might be dead if she doesn't get her act together. I wish her the best.

BEve

yea, right lol

offtheproperty

i like druggies like her.

Al Jazeera

If they really wanted to help her, she would be sentenced to jail time. No way will she get clean in one of these programs. I just can't understand the rationale behind dropping the charges if she attends her 11th rehab program. But, in la la land, if you are a celeb or a has-been you don’t do time – even if you kill someone. OJ, Spector, baretta, spector -- the list goes on.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments