Underwood Picks a Fight with Half of Hollywood

11/4/2008 1:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Carrie UnderwoodThe next time you see a celebrity in a political ad, just know Carrie Underwood thinks that person is stupid.

The former "American Idol" found a soapbox, climbed on it, and proceeded to bash the hell out of all sorts of famous people like Timberlake, Stallone, Affleck and Oprah -- for their decision to publicly endorse a candidate for president.

Underwood tells TV Guide, "There is someone I do support, but I don't support publicly. I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate. It's saying that the American public isn't smart enough to make their own decisions ... music is where you go to get away from all the BS."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mr. P

Yummy!!!

kennedy

YEAH...THAT'S BECUASE YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES....DUMB FAKE BLONDE

UptownRazorback

Celebrities are tax paying citizens. I have publicly endorsed Obama. Just like the million supporters who have publicly endorsed John McCain. They can voice their opinion anytime they want. It's called FREE SPEECH U IGNORANT COUNTRY BUMPKIN. Just to note. I drove through her hometown this weekend in OK. What a fking dump. She'll probably for Palin. You know she doesn't understand the first amendment either.

Georgia Girl

For once I agree with her. Who cares who Matt Damon thinks should be President?

Zoya

Shes right celebrities need to seperate their celebrity status from their private citizen. Celebrities have a open forum to express their views that can give a candidate unfair airtime if a group of celebrities decide to promote the candidate. Celebrities should vote, they should pass out fliers but they shouldnt search out platforms on every medium imaginable to promote their candidate. Deos anyone really think a reporter will deny the actor/actress/singer ect the chance to promote their cause? Of course they wont because if they dont do what the celebs want they wont get the real juicy interviews that really matter

Big E

I completely agree with Carrie. Who cares who celebrities support? Actors are for entertainment use only, and should know their place. Kudos Carrie...now how about a date?

a

i agree with her. and i'm not even a fan of hers.

megn

Good for her, she is right. I hate "celebrities" endorsing candidates. Like the celeb knows what it is like for the working stiffs.

me

I think she is right, celebrities should stick to what they are good at ACTING!!

Barfalufugus

Ha! She doesn't want to endorse anyone publicly (and that is her right), but she did stick her foot in her mouth when she somplained about those that choose to. Celebrities aren't the only people on the planet who have a candidate they endorse and some of us choose to state that publicly and others do not.

1998 days ago

I cannot believe I agree with this chick...

I agree. Completely. Of course celebrities have the "right" to endorse candidates, i just find it obnoxious and condescending. They're ACTORS for god's sake.

pebbles

I agree with her 100%. If I see a celebrity on TV or anywhere doing polotics, I change the channel. Cannot stand it.

Wowwtf

I vote for whoever Oprah isn't voting for. So for me its important she endorses someone publicly.

"Matt DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMON"
TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE

dbl1029

I happen to agree with her. The last thing I need is a celebrity who makes millions and millions of dollars and is completely out of touch with reality telling me who to vote for.

Joy

Way to go Carrie! Great singer and intelligent young woman. Kudos to you!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments