Oprah to ABC: It's Not You, It's Me

11/8/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OprahLady Oprah has finally grown past the relationship she has with ABC, and now may be ready to do her own thing.

Reports have surfaced saying Oprah will be joining forces with Discovery Communications to form the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) which promises a brand new potpourri of fuzzy, cuddly, safe for everyone programming that tests high in both heart-warming and heart-wrenching categories.

David Zaslav, Discovery's president and CEO says, "The expectation is that after [the 2010-11 season] her show will go into syndication, and she will come to OWN."

Harpo Productions responded saying, "While David Zaslav's comments are true that Oprah's current contract to produce 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' will expire in 2011, she has not made a final decision as to whether she will continue her show in syndication beyond that."

HollywoodESQ

I hope Oprah loses all her money when Obama raises taxes! I hope she knows which house she wants to keep when Obama decides to limit every citizen to one house (like Hugo Chavez did). SHe is a fat pig!

Toby Christensen

So not only is Obama going to be in the pocket for MoveOn.org but he will also be beholden to Oprah.

L
O
L

Rhonda

this is not gonna be good for the "first hoe's" children. Obama needs to come out of the closet and stand up for us gaya. Gayle and Oprah have a lot of power, if Obama, Oprah and Gayle all help us we gays can rule the world. We can get married and have kids like Rosie. If Rosie can have kids, why are there rules about the rest of us, Money is not gonna be a problem anymore. We will get our check and foodstamps. Rights for Queers, Damn them Mormons.

Twinker

Sometimes I wonder how much more successful and better Lady O would be if she didn't ever again take any advice from GAYle. GAYle is like a pebble in her shoe even though they are best friends.

major

haha this site is always good for some 'omg what do you mean???' style race baiting. the posters responses never lie.

Magaly Anino

I'm hispanic and I haven't watched her show for the past 2 years; only one or twice a month.. She's full of herself, Most people that she brings to her show are whites or blacks.
She doesn't really care for the Latinos. Are blacks and whites the only people in the USA that have opinions? She apparently thinks that they are the only ones worthy to be on her show.
Anyway, it was ridiculous the day after the elections how outrageous she acted in her show. She seemed like an ignorant, foolish teenager. Obama got elected because people wanted change. Thus, they think that we'll get change. We shall see. Oprah needs to treat all equal.

BC

I stopped watching her years ago. Every once in a while I'll see a promo for a subject that I think might be interesting, so I tune in. At the end of the show I think "gee, did she even have a guest?" She never shuts up -- it's all about her. No, thanks. Plus, after she ditched Hillary for Obama I lost respect for her. I voted for Obama because he wasn't McCain, but I believe Hillary would have been the best candidate.

RAR1234

Good riddance. My favorite thing is never watching or seeing her again.

Ejay

Why are those of you criticizing Oprah concerned with the speck in her eye? Look after the beam in your own.

Democrats are evil

Somehow we all know that she will not have to pay her fair share because she's been kissing his ass for the past two years. Obama rewards his minions. His taxes will destroy our economy. But in the long run, the the US will learn, :Once you go Black, you never go back"

Lynn

I can't believe that Oprah still has a show! I out-grew her in the 80's---when I was a teenager. That was right around the time that I stopped watching soap operas, too! People need to grow up, and stop letting people like Oprah tell them what to do. How stupid ARE people that they need someone like Oprah to "enlighten" them? Oprah can barely recommend a decent book--I would never take her advice on anything....especially not who to vote for!

stupid women & the religious right

40. That's Great, I hope Blarack Obama Taxes her big time because she is among the filthy rich that he says must pay up.

Posted at 6:15PM on Nov 8th 2008 by Democrats are evil

Wow.. what backwoods, backwards hovel did you slime your way out from? Didn't you hear, buddy? It's over.. you can go away now. 'Somehow we all know' that the country made it's choice on Tuesday and ignorance lost... so get lost, bottomfeeder.

D.B.Ashley

I voted Obama,and I still hate this "thing".I dont need these "stars" telling me how to vote.I think these hollywood people ,for their own sake, should keep who they`re voting for all to themselfs.
Now,she has turned a whole lot of people off.Shes not "cool" any longer,but I could see through her long,long ago!

kennedy

BRING BACK JULIA HUDSON (JENNIFER'S) SISTER!!!NOW SHE IS GOOD READING.....GOOD TRASH

Reality

The Oprah Winfrey Network?? R u freakin kidding me?? Why oh Why couldn't the South had won the damn Civil War?