Sarah Palin:

The Hits Just Keep Comin'

11/8/2008 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sarah Palin is still sore from pulling the knife out of her back from fellow Republicans.

The Governor, now back in Alaska, is responding to recent allegations that she didn't know Africa was a continent, and can't name the countries in NAFTA -- calling the people who said them "cruel, mean-spirited, immature, jerks." Palin claims the rumors aren't true, calling them ridiculous.

Tell that to John McCain.

See Also

Roxanne F.

I am so ashamed of my fellow Americans who dragged this woman through the mud and tried to tarnish the reputation of a woman who only wanted to make a difference and serve her Country. No matter what your political beliefs are the attacks on her were down right criminal. Governor Palin and her family did not deserve any of the negative and nasty comments that were said during this election. In my opinion she showed class and grace throughout the whole thing. A lesser woman would not have taken the high road as Governor Palin did and lash back with negativity. The media should be held accountable for all of this by igniting the firestorm around her. I'm astonished that it was other woman who were the most hateful towards her. I can only image that they were so intimidated and envious by a strong, smart, beautiful woman who obviously has it all together with a committed husband and loving family while running one of the biggest states in the Union that they couldn't stand it and they only way they felt better about themselves was to attack her. If I ever got the chance I would apologize to her for all of you who disrespected her, because your own ignorance and hatred wouldn't allow you to do so. I feel sorry for this Country and I just hope and pray that we get through the next four years without any problems. Although I don't have much faith in our new president, I do hope that this Country and all Americans will come together, but after seeing the way his election and his supporters acted I have little confidence in that. God Bless America.

Julia

Wendy

A seemingly smart and nice lady. I voted for her. As for lies about Obama I don't know all of them, but I do know the one about the church is true. I read the website before it was changed and then taken down, I even emailed the church to ask them to explain the wording on the site which was never replied to. Obama went there for twenty years and claims to have not known this...yea right!

What goes around will come around, Harvey

3. Comment #9: The exact same thing did happen to a male vice-presidential candidate. Does the name Dan Quayle ring any bells to you???? He was dragged through the mud for being ignorant and ill-prepared to hold public office.

Posted at 11:51AM on Nov 8th 2008 by Litzie
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is true. In the past 20 years, there have been 10 Vice-Presidential candidates. Two were dragged through the mud for being ignorant and ill-prepared, and eight were not. One of the two who were criticized was a man, and the other was a woman.

What conclusions can we draw from this? Could it be that these two V.P. candidates really were more ill prepared than the other eight?

Also, one of the first things that Sarah Palin mentioned in her campaign was to try to make an issue of how inexperienced and ill prepared that Obama allegedly was. And Palin continued this line of attack in almost all of her speeches and rallies.

So why is Palin allowed to dump on Obama for being "inexperienced", but no one is allowed to dump on her for being "inexperienced".

She can dish it out, but she can't take it.

I see a double standard at work here.

Tj

Sara Palin is a moron. We don't need the McCain camp to tell us something we already know.

What goes around will come around, Harvey

5. You guys make me laugh. Had this been about the Obama campaign, you would be DEMANDING that the cowardly "anonymous" sources come forward. But since it's coming from "anonymous" GOP staffers, it's accepted as gospel. How about doing your job as the media and finding these so-called anonymous sources and vetting the credibility of this story? Or am I asking too much of you?

Posted at 11:57AM on Nov 8th 2008 by Jackie
====================================================

Lots of people don't accept it as gospel. Most of us see this as just a continuation of the G.O.P. lie-and-smear machine at work. They spread lies about Obama when it's in their interest, and now they spread lies about Palin when it suits them better.

And don't forget that it was Fox News, the King of Lies and Smears, who first reported this story about the G.O.P. staffers who were trashing Palin.

litzie

Comment #17: You're "spot on"! Caribou Barbie was throwing around the word "terrorist" without any facts to back it up. She continually accused Obama of being ill-prepared and unfit to be the 44th President of the United States. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones; if she was SO ignorant not to see her own shortcomings, she deserves every negative slur the press and members of the GOP are hurling at her at the present time. And if she's so thin-skinned that these unkind comments are "upsetting" her, she better think twice before attempting to run in 2012. No campaign has ever waged without some element of mud-slinging.

She ought to stay in Alaska and preach her Evangelical zealot notions to the polar bears and anyone else who'll listen. The GOP needs to become more Centerist and remove the "religious right" from their fundamental basis.

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

Worthless broad.

Fly like an eagle

I have lost respect for John McCain, talk about a sore loser.

pattie in cali

OMG!!!!!! just leave this lady alone, i can't believe how people act, SARAH is a cool lady, RUN IN 2012. i hope an pray she will win. i will vote for you, theres a new player in town, her name is SARAH PALIN,
all you haters, we love it, watching you act like childern, all the lies, back stabbing, its funny to watch grown people act like little kids. step back shillary, you will lose, we are sick an tired of the clintons, just sick of you, you had your time in the sun, now get to work, you work for the people , but your in it for YOU, thats why we LOVE SARAH PALIN

Kelly

#10, this is Kelly. Don't you dare call me a hypocrite! You don't even know me! I may be a Republican, but I am a social worker who has dedicated her life to working with the homeless and abused kids which is more than I can say for any of my liberal friends who talk the talk of wanting to help others but don't walk the walk. I have never been "happy with anyone for spreading lies". Show me where on Fox they called Obama terrorist. Did they say he associated with a terrorist? Certainly, because he did. I hope that those individuals on McCain's staff who spread these lies are held accountable. I also hope that the media outlets that spread these false stories retract them. I am disappointed that TMZ continues to perpetuate these lies when it has come out that these stories are untrue.

What goes around will come around, Harvey

22. I have lost respect for John McCain, talk about a sore loser.

Posted at 12:27PM on Nov 8th 2008 by shameful
==============================================

To be fair, McCain himself has been exceptionally gracious. His concession speech showed him to be someone with a good heart and mature, Christian values. Don't you remember how pained and embarrassed he looked the two or three times he had to shush the boorish louts in the crowd who were booing Obama during that concession speech?

Througout the campaign, it's the slimy attack dogs in the Republican lie-and-smear apparatus who have been the vicious backstabbers. These people don't know anything except how to slanderously attack. McCain, who I believe is a decent man who truly cares about the country (even though I disagree with many of his policies and didn't vote for him), got overwhelmed by the Republican smear machine and he let them define his campaign. This, in my opinion, cost him the election.

Now that the campaign is over, these out-of-control, sociopathic attackers couldn't stop themselves, and these days they're turning on Sarah Palin, because it's in their nature to always attack someone, anyone.

HOLLYWOOD STANDARD

Well Now Sara Palin can continue to be a Whore in weirdo Alaska..She knows how to whore it up good in the cold!

debbie

I do not believe that she made the comment about Africa and if she did I think it was a joke in the same sense that Barack Obama said he had visited and wanted to be president of all 57 states in the US. Any little thing the media jumps on and makes a big deal about it. I am sure she knew that Africa is a contentent and I am sure Obama knows there are only 50 states in the u s .

gitrdun

It's not hard to believe the stories that she didn't know the NAFTA member countries or that Africa is a continent, not a country when you look at her known behavior. She didn't know the duties of the VP, didn't know the Bush Doctrine, couldn't name a Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade with which she disagreed, couldn't answer many of the debate questions, and many, many other things that told us she wasn't qualified to be Vice President.