Oprah Seasons Her Pooch

11/14/2008 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bet you wish you were Oprah Winfrey's dogs right now, cause they could be headed to the Four Seasons Hotel.
Oprah Winfrey: Click to watch
Her dogs are holed up at her Montecito estate, and even though her home is not threatened immediately, she's taking precautions.

"I don't have kids," she told her audience during a show taping this AM. "So the most important thing for me is my dogs." Lucky for the Queen's pooches, she already had a plan in place -- her dogs go to a nearby Four Seasons hotel.

The Four Seasons - Where Shih Tzu meets shiatsu.

juscus

what she has no friends to watch em.......shes a bitch for bitches

susan

I did the same thing when we had the fires in San Diego, but I went with them. My dogs are my children too.
I'm not a big fan of O but I'd cut her some slack on this one.

yabadabadooo

Ah the life of the rich and famous and greedy!!! Must be nice!

Charliesmom

If they are so important to her why aren't they with her? It's not like she doesn't have the money to transport them. At least the dogs are getting cared for.

ya right

adopt me Oprah ='[

Chiefs

I can't stand that lady. Use that money and hope the poor. She is a very selfish person. Only selfish people choose not to have kids.

Chiefs

i mean help the poor

Dalilah

OH GOD!!! when we get evacuated we go with people that look like cast members from My name is Earl to a cruddy shelter!

i'm just saying

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.

susan

10. Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.

Posted at 12:52PM on Nov 14th 2008 by I'm just saying

Thank You, I really like that and hopefully I will remember it the next time I pass judgment on someone.

#7 chiefs.....You are sooooo wrong on that..imo How would you like to have parents that didn't want you, but had you anyway, because of our judgmental society?

TMZ hits a new low

OK hold on right there #6. I never wanted kids. If you want them, go ahead and have them. It requires no license and on the job training. If you want kids that is your business. If I don't, it's my business. I am not selfish for not wanting to bring more mouths to feed in this world. I love the high and mighty who say that people without kids are selfish. You're so jealous of our lives (kid free, crying free, college tuition free) that you practice transference, the art of projecting your feelings onto me. Actually, you're the selfish one. Why didn't you adopt if you wanted kids? There are plenty of foster kids who need good homes. I don't want to be a parent. I see parents all the time sacrifice their goals, lives and wishes for their kids. I have no interest in that. As a CEO I have created the life I want. And I don't have a selfish bone in my body (if you only knew).

goals2bmet

Chiefs.... I am just going to assume that you have no idea how Oprah helps the poor all over the world. She provides education for the poor here and in Africa. I am not even going to list all of the people she help through her Angel Network. She even contributes anonymously so you may want to not make that false remark. ALSO, I believe that it is selfish to have children that you do not want... as so many people do b/c they are told that they should and are "selfish" if they do not. Like Oprah, I am not married and did not want to have children out of wedlock because that would be selfish, not to mention it goes against our religious beliefs, however, I own a Child Care Center and in many cases, I provide more love and support to those children than some of their parents... so selfish, I think not!

kacey

I agree with Susan. I can't say I'm a big fan of Oprah either, but I do "get it" that she wants her dogs out of harms way. My dogs are my kids as well, and we survived a house fire last year. They were my priority, since one of them alerted me to it. I can tell you all this, I couldn't possibly even wish it on my worst enemy. What a horrifying experience. The goal always is preserve life....all forms of it (whether it has two legs or four).

LH

Luxury accommodations for Oprah's dogs? Count me among those who are fed up with the reports about every crap Oprah takes. She chose to have dogs and not have a child. Oprah is proof that black people are not the oppressed minority they complain they are. Black entertainers and Sports players are among the highest paid in this country. Astonishingly, they do not make much of an impact in the black communities to improve the lives of their senior citizens and frail elderly, the unemployed and homeless, the hungry, nor build hospitals for those with chronic illnesses (i.e. St. Jude Hospital)
According to the “Center on Hunger and Poverty*, over 5 million Californians are food insecure, with over 1.2 million of those individuals experiencing hunger.
In 2002, “California ranks as the 15th worst state for food insecurity with hunger by the USDA. California is above the national average in percentage of households living under these conditions.”

Google this for proof that I am right.

Lorrah

Only selfish people choose not to have kids.

Posted at 12:43PM on Nov 14th 2008 by Chiefs

... actually, the people who know in their soul that they do not want kids but have them anyway - just because they can afford them ... or because people/society says they should have them, are the selfish ones.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments