Vick's Dogs: You Want Fleas with That Wine?

11/14/2008 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Vick's Dogs: Click to view!
A brief story about each pup's life will be on the back of their individual labels and 10% of the vino's proceeds will go to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary -- where they all hang their collars -- in southern Utah.

bw

Bryon Wolf The 22 dogs rescued from Michael Vick's dog fighting farm of death have moved on from their days of paw-to-paw combat to grace the labels of their own brand of wine: The Vicktory Dogs Wine Collection.
Bryon Wolf Michael Vick's Dogs: Click to view!
A brief story about each pup's life will be on the back of their individual labels and 10% of the vino's proceeds will go to the Bryon Wolf Best Friends Animal Sanctuary -- where they all hang their collars -- in southern Utah.

Meanwhile, somewhere in prison, Michael Vick is stuck with his cellmate's famous brand of toilet wine. Bryon Wolf

Claire

They're beautiful. I hope they have forgotten where they came from.

UCanLipThis

There was a show which aired a few months back about this sanctuary in Utah rehabbing Vick's dogs and it was truly amazing to see how the people there were so compassionate and patient with these firghtened creatures.. I agree they deserve a bigger percentage of these sales and even though I don't drink I'm willing to purchase a bottle!

law girl

#10 think before you comment. Learn how to write proper English before posting, your an embarrassment!!!!!!! Have no clue what your trying to communicate.

biteme

I hope this poor excuse of man doesn't get a penny from sales. They shouldn't have even put his name on the bottle. Bleeechch!! Ya, c'mon 10%?????? I'm know they can probably muster up a few more dollars in donations....whats the REAL motive for this???

me

10. oh and Mimi----- i ran into a story in Connecticut about a guy drilling holes into an 8 wk old pit bull puppy's head and then let him bleed to death!!!! did you read about that?? probably not because it wasn't front page news either....there are plenty of animal abuse cases (especially pit bulls) that don't make the news at all..... so can you at least give these dogs some credit that they deserve!!! shame on you mimi----i hope you grow a heart one day because life is so much brighter when can LOVE instead of HATE!

I didn't hear about that, but your post made me tear up. :[ That's so sad. I don't understand how people can be so mean and do things like that to hurt others. Especially to a cute little baby pup. It's disgusting.

ya right

Me,
ya it was about a year ago, i was just web browsing and ran into that story in Connecticut. this guy had a bunch of pit bulls down in his basement (in horrid conditions) and one of the puppy's was able to get out. well, the puppy had supposedly bit one of the kids that was at the house and so the owner drills holes into the puppy's head!!!! only 8 weeks old!
and i am sure there is so many other sad stories we don't here about-----pit bulls shouldn't get such a bad rap. unfortunately, this breed attracts some bad owners and in turn people (like Mimi) say some horrible things about pit bulls.
anyone that has watched an episode of Dogtown would have seen how scared these dogs are of humans----they would never hurt anything-- its really heartbreaking to watch.

Cassie

I also am a pit bull owner and the mother of a 3 year old son. They are the best of friends!! So MIMI, please SHUT THE F**K UP!! It's ignorant asses like yourself that continue to spread and feed into this crap when pit bulls are no different than any other dog. My sister has a chihuahua and guess what!? The two of them get along great.

I wish I could save every single one of those dogs!!

kelli

Mimi your ignorant.

T

Mimi- You want to talk about dogs hurting a 2 year old- yeah that is a shame but where were the 2 years olds parents and the irresponsible dog owner???? How about you focus on the neglect by both responsible parties and not just the ignorant stereotyping of a whole breed. That would be like saying all people named Mimi post stupid comments. That wouldn't be fair, would it?

Gus

Vick had to pay almost a million dollars to the sanctuary to care for the dogs for the rest of their lives. The bottles will hopefully just continue to bring to light the abuse and misuse of animals. Punish the deed and not the breed.

Kelley

Mimi, you don't belong on here. You sound prejudice. Look at the list of the top ten dogs that bite people Pit Bulls are not there. Get educated. The ones that do attack do so because of people like Vick, they have been mistreated and the people who own them don't do proper research to learn how to care for them. I admit they take more attention than the regular dog. However, those things don't matter when it comes to animal abuse. It doesn't matter if an animal is aggressive or not, they do not deserve the kind of treatment people like Vick gave them. What would you say to someone starting a fighting ring for Chows, they bite people all the time. Or what about Polar Bears? Would that be ok just because they occassionly kill people? I know instead of locking up criminals lets just through them in a ring a let them fight to the death because they have hurt or killed someone, would that be ok?

Kelley

oh yea mimi did you hear about the pit bull who was passing by while a woman and her infant child was being mugged and chased the mugger off, then sat with the woman and child while waiting for police?
Or how about my own pit bull who chased off a man trying to break into my home while me and my 2 yr old daughter were in the house? My daughter is now 4. My pit bull would die for her. I am always reminding my young daughter how we are supposed to be gentle with the dog, and not pull her ears, or jump on her and anything else. Alot of people don't do that, like I said they don't research how to care for a pitbull and leave their babies alone with it and we all know how curious little people like to unknowily torture animals.

Max61

........................Please Write Roger Goodell at the NFL and state your thoughts of Vick...............No more Vick.............ever...............

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2