Lane Garrison Crash Survivor: I Lived, You Pay

12/5/2008 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the girls who survived Lane Garrison's drug and booze fueled crash is demanding the former "Prison Break" star pay her parents for nursing her back to health.

In the lawsuit filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Michelle Ohana claims Garrison needs to fork over more than $25,000 for wage loss, medical bills, and the "reasonable value of home nursing care gratuitously furnished by Robin Ohana and Asher Ohana."

Ohana claims Garrison, who is currently sitting behind bars, "demonstrated a conscious and deliberate disregard for the rights, safety, and interests of others by voluntarily commencing, and thereafter continuing, to consume alcoholic beverages to the point of intoxication, knowing from the outset that he must thereafter operate a motor vehicle."

Ohana, who was 15 at the time of the crash, was injured so badly, she spent the following 2 months in a wheelchair.

Garrison was sentenced to 40 months in the slammer for killing 17-year-old Vahagn Setian when the actor got hammered on vodka and coke and crashed an SUV into a tree in Beverly Hills two years ago.

Barfalufugus

Pay up, d0uche bag!

Barfalufugus

He looks like Corky from Life Goes On.

douchie

It's HORRIBLE what happened to these kids and he deserves his jail time...but I'm sorry when I was 15 I KNEW not to get into the car with someone who was drinking. Everyone wants to blame someone else....IS this guy an a--hole--YES.....Are these kids innocent bystanders--NO. Accept responsibility for your own actions!

kim

She was underage, completely drunk and willingly got in the car with him! Im sorry she was hurt but I believe this WAS her lesson and she is entitled to on money as far as Im concerned. She is lucky no innocent person was killed! She is old enough to know better.

Sharona

I agree with Kim 100%. When I was 15, I was furious with my parents for making me wait until I was 16 and had my license to car-date. Their reasoning was that I would be able to take the keys from an intoxicated driver, and drive myself, if necessary.
Of course I snuck out a few times, but now that I am in my late 20's, I recognize how wise that was. They were young in the 60's, so there wasn't a whole lot that could get by them.

People need to take responsibility for their own decisions. She was drunk and made the decision to ride with him. She should take it as a hard, well-learned lesson.

grrr

So, what kind of 'lost wages' does a 15 year old have?
i am not talking about medical bills, those can be high, but really, $25,000?
Even if half of that amount is for medical bills and 'home care provided by her parents,' (which i'm sure means she got to stay home from school, rest, and just take it easy) what job does a 15 year old have that provides $12,500 in two months time?

shannon

I am sorry, but I have NO sympathy for those that WILLINGLY get into a car with a drunk driver and then bitch about it when they get hurt. They were not forced at gunpoint. THEY made the bad choice. They victimized themselves. I hate hearing people's woe-is-me-victim stories AFTER the crash. You did it as much as he did, get over it.

Get Smart!

kim your wrong and this guy should pay double!!!!!!
he badly injured this girl and i know her personally.
even if it was a mistake she deserves the money!
i honestly hope this happens to your children then you will understand!!!

shana

I completely agree w/ #3! I agree that Lane is COMPLETELY wrong for what he did. But this chick had to have known what she was doing. She evens says that he drank his way to intoxication....meaning she saw him do it. Then why in the world get in the car w/ him....call a cab next time

Barfalufugus

Just another tragedy that proves teenagers shouldn't drink.

kristen

10. kim your wrong and this guy should pay double!!!!!!
he badly injured this girl and i know her personally.
even if it was a mistake she deserves the money!
i honestly hope this happens to your children then you will understand!!!

Posted at 9:54PM on Dec 5th 2008 by Get Smart!

WOW...you honestly HOPE this happens to her children? Do you know how horrible that makes you sound? You shouldn't wish that on anyone. Maybe you should GET SMART! I can't believe anyone would say that.

I think both parties are equally at fault in this case. Yes, the dumb ass girl did not have to get in the car with him, she did it because he's a celebrity and she wanted to hang out with a celebrity, just like the others. Lane shouldn't have been hanging out with those kids anyways, they are way too young, and he definitely shouldn't have been drinking with them or driving them. They were not forced into that car though...it was their own stupid faults yet because this guy has money they want to blame him and sue him. Ridiculous if you ask me..but that's how America is now.

lyn

It is her parents responsibility to take care of her!! She made the decision to drink and get in the car, didn't his insurance pay them some sort of money for this? Don't be greedy because your 15 year old chose to get into a car drunk with a drunk ADULT and was involved in a horrible accident. I am all for having her medical bills paid for but to say that it wasn't her parents responsibility to take care of her is BS. She needs to learn that for every action she takes there is a consequence.

maggot

DAMN DRUNKEN WHORE WANTS HER PAYBACK!!

SHE DOESNT DESERVE JACK!!

Anita

They're lucky their little spawn from hell did not wind up paralyzed Or in a coma like that guy in Florida who rode with Hulk's son.
Now they want $$$$$s for not having raised her right. or spervised her properly. Unbelieveable.

anthony

SORRY PARENTS............ YOU WANT TO GET MONEY FOR YOUR DAUGHTERS ACTIONS.................YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELFS.......... GRANTED HE IS AN ACTOR ETC ETC. ..............BUT GET REAL.... YOU DONT DESERVE ANY MONEY ................BE GLAD YOUR DAUGHTER IS ALIVE AND WELL.................AND JUST REMEMBER THAT SOMEWHERE YOUR DAUGHTER DID NOT LEARN HOW TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE..............

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments