Jennifer Hudson

Back to Work After Murders

12/10/2008 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Hudson is headed back to work, six weeks after the her mom, bro, and nephew were killed in Chicago.

Hudson's record label says she'll be working on a new video for her single "If This Isn't Love," -- ironically, the same video she was supposed to film in L.A. when she found out her family had been shot at her childhood home.

Her estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the case.

al loanese

why do any videos for this horrible cd.........it sold as a pity cd...it is just so bad that my cat diahreas everytime i played it...so i tossed it in my dumpster.

bitch101

That is great. I am glad to see that she is able to get back so quickly. It took me almost 2 years to get back to work after my brother was murdered. There is no word to describe the feelings inside when you lose a someone you love to murder, and she lost three. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her sister. It takes a while to accept this kind of loss.
I love ya Jennifer. Maraih Carey has nothing on you.

ohreallyyy

@#11 yes that guy is Hotrageous he is fine I would like to know his name also.

why?

I'm sure Jennifer Hudson is lovely and all and I feel sad for what has transpired in her life. I can't even imagine how she feels; however I don't want to see her or hear her voice anymore because it will remind me of this story. When I saw her sisters my space blog, I was sickened by it. I feel she put her own desires ahead of the safety and well being of her child and in my opinion that is as low as a person can go. As I'Ve said before, this story is so disturbing on so many levels , Its just so ugly, who wants to think about it? I don't so I think Miss Hudson should do us all a favor and just quietly exit stage right.

MrGram

Push on Jen!!!

Queen S

your're all a bunch of cold-hearted ass haters! jenn has some of the best music there is! and i hope that one day something like this happens to yalls family and i bet you won't be saying "who cares" then. i think its spectacular that jen is getting back to work this soon after such a horrible, horrible tragedy!!! like # 1 said i am also blown away by her strength because i know that if that had happened to me i would still be curled up in a ball under my covers right now!!!

why?

Jennifer will have a fabulous career. In Hollyweird all you have to do is crawl out from under your rock and wham you're a big star.

white girl

I have a simple solution 2 anyone that doesn't like her music: DONT LISTEN 2 IT!!!

meow

JENNIFER'S MOTHER AND BROTHER MISSED PAYING THE DEALERS AND GOT EXECUTED
WHAT HAPPENED-JUST BLAME BALFOUR AND LET THE SLEAZE, WHO GOT AWAY LIVE
JENNIFER PAID THE DEALERS THROUGH A THIRD PARTY AND SO THEY LET JULIA LIVE
YEAH, GO BACK TO WORK, FOOL
IF IT WERE NOT FOR YOUR FAMILY AND THEIR DRUG DEALING, THE LITTLE BOY WOULD STILL BE ALIVE

Crissy

Wow. I can't believe all of the trolls on this site just making mean comments to try and get an emotional response. TMZ should have some sort of comment moderator.

that's what's up

it's ok too feel the qay you want to feel,but i bet none of you have the guts to say this in front of these people.you all get on these blogs and hide behind the screen because that;ss what cowards do.anyway,if you don;t like her music or her acting don't listen or watch her.

C-Town

I mostly come to this blog for laughs. When I see how often people post negative things on here I crack up. Anyone who does that needs to ask themselves "what makes me so special"? If you have so much to offer the world you need to be out in it making it a better place instead of spewing useless garbage about people you DON'T EVEN KNOW.

I find it interesting that we are in a recession with many companies failing but the tobacco and alcohol companies continue to maintain.

respect

I am not sure why there are so many negative comments. Whether you like her or not, she is still human and has pain. because they lived on the south side of Chicago you automatically assume they were drug pushers and all sorts of things. Why don't you grow up and have some respect and compassion for others. If it was your family that was murdered, I do not think you would appreciate the same comments.

2081 days ago

Prince

The loss of life by murder is horrendous, no one deserves that and no one has the right to take someones life. We can only speculate on the Jennifer Hudson story, we really don't know what happened. It is not fair to blame Jennifer and victimize her more because of what you think her family was involved in. It will take a great deal of love and compassion for her to come back after such a tragedy.Please do not cause more pain to an already broken heart. To those who have such ugly
comments have you heard of the law of reciprocity? What you put out will come back to you.

2059 days ago