"Puff's" Daddy -- "Magic Negro" Shocking

12/29/2008 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the hippie trippers who created "Puff the Magic Dragon" is not so mellow with "Barack the Magic Negro," the Barack Obama-related spoof of his song.

In a distinctly un-free-loving screed on Huffington Post, Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary says "Magic Negro" is "not only offensive, it is shocking and saddening in the extreme." He adds the song "insults the office of the Presidency" and takes a kids' song and twists it into a "vulgar, mean-spirited ... slur."

Chip Saltzman, a GOP bigshot who's being considered for the top post at the Republican National Committee, sent out the song to committee members.

Truth

Saltzman is an idiot but then that's what the Republican Party wants in its members, so I guess that fits.

vickhater

it should read:how out of touch............ss not awake yet

Mad World

Kid SONG!!! Wasn't it about smoking pot???? (Puff the magic dragon) Is a song for potted up hippies cleverly disguised as a children's song. I haven't heard the spoof and I don't care to. But, I honestly believe that people need to get over it. You all are giving it the attention it does not deserve.

Laughing so hard.

#38, wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Did you really have the nerve to call other people stupid?? I can't even begin to make sense out of your post.

This is my Boom Stick

30. I still laughing my ass off, because the stuff in rap songs that degrades most black women, push violence, puts down education and call people who call the cops sellouts, and you're worried about a song that uses the words Magic Negro?

Posted at 9:55AM on Dec 29th 2008 by Lenn K.
___________________________________________________

Believe it or not jacka**, not ALL African Americans roll around in Escalades blaring Gangster rap. And in case you didn't know, the MAJORITY of common sense Blacks are offended by raunchy rap lyrics as well. I love how you use the whole "why is it okay for them to say it and not us". I wonder how all of you "real" Americans who think this song is funny would react to Obama sending out an email portraying Bush as a drunken, uneducated, redneck Dumba**? Oh, wait! He didn't have to since Bush made us all aware of that himself!

P.S. I love how a lot of you posters keep saying how we blacks are using the race card every chance we get. Funny, seems to me that the only people bringing up race in as negative is whites. Unless of course Chip Saltzman is black. Oh wait, he's not.

Tangie

Better to be a rich republican than a welfare democrat!

This is my Boom Stick

53. Better to be a rich republican than a welfare democrat!

Posted at 10:39AM on Dec 29th 2008 by get jobs and you won't be so bitter
_____________________

I know a lot of rich Republicans AND a lot of rich Dems. My question for the rich Republicans would be why are you all soooo miserable. The rich Dems I know tend to enjoy life where the Republicans tend to be cranky with arthritis from clenching their fist fulls of dollars all day.

Truth

Only 3% of our nation is rich. That's where 80% of our wealth is held. The rest of the idiot Republicans are working people who actually vote against their own self-interest because they are morons.

who cares

Posted at 8:36AM on Dec 29th 2008 by get over it

I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sick of those whiners

Wow

While I certainly don't condone this song, the title came from an L.A. TImes article written by a black man. I believe TMZ conveniently left that part out. Where was the outrage when the Democrats were calling Bush a Nazi? I find the press's outrage to be very selective.

Truth

Bush is a Nazi.

who cares

It is funny that in the past we could make fun all of our presidents with no problems, due to our freedom of speech. Now that we have a black president we can't say anything negative about him, for it becomes racism. Unbelievable!

If this was a story about Bush or any other republican these freaking liberals would have been laughing like hyenas....but OH NO! you can't touch their freaking faux-messiah, corrupt president would be.

What are we getting into in the next four years? we will see the consecuences

I am going to miss the old USA

NJ

Honestly barrack is simply more intelligent than anyone else who appeared to be making a hard fought run for the presidency!!!! I dont have to like him obviously but he gets my respect. Its a simple and obvious choice. Get over it people African Americans are on the rise. Get smarter or be the minority with little control. Thats a message to all the races.

Safprods

the man is not president and already the double standard is strangling media. love it! party of freedom of speech my ass

This is my Boom Stick

56. 4. I think it's hilarious. People need to lighten up. I swear black people are destroying this world with their crying racism every minute!

Posted at 8:36AM on Dec 29th 2008 by get over it

I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sick of those whiners

Posted at 10:51AM on Dec 29th 2008 by Obama is 100% corrupt

GOD YOU PEOPLE MUST BE MISERABLE SOBs! How disgusting your views are. I really hope you both don't have children. Honestly, seems to me the only people WHINING and still making race an issue are those with cheap shots at our next president like Rush Douchebag.

I really don't get it!! So, you can't find ANY dirt on the man so you resort to racist name calling??? But we're the ones whining...riiiiigghhtt.