Paris' Psycho Shopping -- OK for Aussie Pols

12/30/2008 2:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton enraged Australians by spending almost 100 bucks a minute at a boutique Down Under the other day -- but none other than the Deputy Prime Minister says it's actually a good thing.

Hiltie got skewered in the Aussie press for shelling out around US$4000 at the Wayne Cooper boutique in 40 minutes on Monday, but Deputy PM Julia Gillard tells AdelaideNow.com it's good for tourism. "I'm obviously not as well practiced at shopping as Ms Hilton is," says the pol, "but Australia's a great place to do it."

Social workers in Australia told media earlier Paris' free spending was "obscene."

Whamo

Enraged Australians? There is nowhere in this story that you could possibly use the word enraged. Do you guys even know what that means? I don't expect much from this site, but Christ on a cracker guys if you're going to goof on her try and find a relevant word to the story. You write like a bunch of grade 8 retards.

Carrys F.

Oh, that could be her new show. How much money can she spend in one minute down under. Or better yet, they could find her some heirs to shipping magnets and see how much of their money she can spend. She does a great job with her family's money!!

2030 days ago

paris is a the chlamydia of the collective Hilton vagina

Paris is the chlamydia of the collective disease ridden Hilton vagina.
That damn gene pool could use a hefty dose of chlorine.

800 Pound Gorilla

Dear Paris,

You gotta spend lots of money.
That is what money is for.
Nothing wrong with spending your money.

800 Pound Gorilla

Anita

It's her money and she came to it by honest means. Can you guys sound any more jealous? God. She is not the only rich one who spends big and at least she also donates to charities.

Anita

At least she looks good shopping her heart out.

Anita

Let the girls have all the fun they can afford.
Say, that new friend of hers actually looks pretty good and has a trim little figure. Doable.

Anita

It's really presumptuous to tell someone else what they should or should not do with their money.

How much have Harvey's funboys been spending on themselves this year??? Probably all they made with nothing going to a worthy cause. Wine,boys,and song.

Anita

Shopping is NOT a crime!!!!!

Anita

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the good things in life. I treat myself all the time too and I would buy a pink Bentley too if I could afford one.

misskitty

While I agree that people should be able to spend their money any way they want, I do think it would be prudent in these economic times for celebrities to do their major spending on the down low. Times are tough and people are losing their jobs, have a lot of credit card debt, some can't afford their heating bills.... if these stars want to keep their fans they need to at least appear sympathetic to the 'common' man's plight. That being said, I hope they do keep spend, spend, spending because it is good for the economy.

Niki

I don't think anyone should be angry with her for spending HER money. If I had her money I am sure I could do some major spending too. If they don't want her money than they didn't have to take it. Buying and spending is what we need to boost this economy. At least she can afford to buy like that.

Anita

A 6% unemployment rate means that 94% of Americans do have jobs.

It was much worse during the 1970s when unemployment hit 12% but most posters are too young to remember. We all survived.

If people don't go out and spend, the recession will last much longer which is what happened during the 1930s.

Recessions come in cycles.
When people feel confident they spend more. Guess the Hiltons feel confident.

Anita

Oh and the stock market stood at around 800 during the 1970s instead of the 8000 plus it is today.

Anita

I heart U Paris and Britany!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments