Marty Ingels Won't Be Charged With Hat Thievery

1/9/2009 10:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It looks like nothing will come of Marty Ingels and the Case of the Missing $500 Hat.

Ingels' rep tells TMZ the D.A. won't charge Shirley Jones' husband over the December incident at a Burbank hat store. TMZ obtained surveillance video showing Ingels take the hat, but he always maintained it was a misunderstanding. Apparently, the district attorney's office agreed.

The D.A.'s office was closed and could not be reached for comment.

99centz

ofcourse not but the camera dont lie...the little house money iz long gone but oh for thr thrill of it!!!

Barfalufugus

WHo cares about this geezer?

RITE ING KLAS

I'm sure Marty is grateful for your publicity.

goodytwohundredshoes

Come on TMZ how long do we have to read that stupid plug by that retarded (∩_∩). Pull it, and pull it now. That's not why I check on you guys regularly.

Ingelphile

Leave Marty Alone....Please leave Marty Alone..Please...please Stop picking on Marty---He's trying to cope...please please leave Marty Alone He doesnt deserve this...please Oh God please LEAVE MARTY ALONE.

Brittany

moveover

The clip definitley looks like he takes it on purpose! And .... goodytwohundredshoes? Why don't you take TMZ off your favorites list and add Fox News ...it may be more your speed. In other words ... STFU and quit whining!

Suck My Bronze.

Marty,

I'm a bigger star than you are.

Suck My Bronze.

Golly Marty,

I thought I was the only one who wore a hat with the price tag still on.

Suck My Bronze.

Marty,

I paid for mine.

roo

Interesting. If you or I had a "misunderstanding" like this, our butts would be in jail. Ah, god bless money and fame!

Rip It Up

I thought this guy had passed away a couple of years ago.....I think he's looking for publicity. You idiots a TMZ are happy to oblige him, while you're boring the hell out of us.

jeezlouise

Screw you you lying old bastard- I watched the tape- You waited until
the clerk left and then you put the hats he gave to you on top of a
hat on the counter and stole it! You are a jackass. Your wife should
be embarrassed to be seen with you. You should be ashamed to be seen
with yourself. Dont bother shopping the reality show- you probably
wont be around that long.

99centz

Marty iz that you???I met you in the '90'z & youve allway'z been nice to me & by the car you were driving you sure dont look like you need the $$$.ON december 21st you were one of the star'z that attened the homeless x-maz party & you gave me 50 buck'z.that waz a great day for me az you,arnold,devito,ace frehly, & many more & not manly hoheless dude show'd up cuz they were too stupid to find the place so that meant more food & cash for us!glen frey waz fantastic on the concert stage az waz ace frehly with 7 exploding guitar'z & hangin out with billy from the gremlin'z series.so im sorry for my post @ #1!i won the lotto back in '05 so now i spend the day naked in front of my computer & count my money............

Zebedee Doodah

Marty,
You don't deserve an apology. You got away with it, but that doesn't mean that you are innocent. Consider yourself lucky, and pay for your hats from now on, you old geezer. Did you ever get your cane back? It didn't look like you needed it as you practically ran from the store with your stolen hat. It is probably only a prop for an insurance scam anyway.

Hlove

TMZ and marty gave the store enoungh publisity, and are they going to lock him up next to child molester MJ?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments