Michelle Obama -- Under the Gunn

1/9/2009 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Obama's fashion sense has definitely come under fire -- 'memba that butcher dress? -- but does "Project Runway" guru Tim Gunn think the First Lady-elect has what it takes to "make it work?"

Tim Gunn: Click to watch

Lord Xenu

Tim GUNN - love that guy. He is a fashion assault weapon.

Keep GUNNing them.

In fact any guy with a last name of GUNN is automatically cool. MOSES GUNN (in FIRESTARTER) was particularly cool back then. Too bad hes dead.

99centz

she wont be knocking my sox off............

northern gypsy

what a gentleman...to call THAT dress 'one mis-step" is a understatement...M.O. should have T.G. in her entourage !!!

Alexa

I don't think that Michelle could have worn anything more appropriate than that "fires from hell" dress!

smaggie

Not being a wearer of "so called designers", as I couldn't afford them anyway, would think there would be someone who could tell Michelle that she knows nothing about style. The dress she wore with the "I call it a target" on stage with the two girls, was the most horrible thing I have ever seen ANY woman to wear on TV. That includes the weirdos who dress to see just how outrageous they can be.

Dollar Store Diva

Insert "Silverdaddies" website joke here. If Project Runaway (spelling intended) even a show anymore? If so he should take it over.......... He can do old a lot better than Heidi.

smaggie

Paula:

I think your comment about that dress was much better than mine.

Kay

I doubt if Michelle Obama has ever heard of him.

Fan Since 2007!!!

I'm stuck on the "Black Widow" image a poster put in my heads over M's fashion disaster. Too appropriate on too many levels.

And Lord Xenu, let's not forget "Peter Gunn". Still the coolest series and theme song in town(!).

Tazandra

Triple Play

Michelle O is a mean spirited racist BITZH. She will cause Barack more problems than she is worth. I think that her testacles are larger than his

yeah....and?

UUUMMMM, are all of you kidding me? The LAST thing I am worring about is her dresses!!!! What is this 1960? Jackie-O crap?

I'm thrilled to have a smart, degree sporting, classy, working-mother, supporting wife, and all around good gal for the First Lady.

Come on who cares what this old man has to say about fashion! Isn't that going backwards? Besides, like she needs to have approval over her choice of clothes for that day? Puke. I'm glad its not like that, just think if old girl Cindy McMoney had been the First Lady!!!! ALL she would be worried about is her pills and clothes!

Wake up. Be grateful instead of stupid.

Can't Stand Obama

Who friggen cares about this man woman and what he/she may wear or not wear. He/She needs to be removed from the media and never mentioned again.

What a bunch of BIGOTS!!

10. Who the hell cares what this guy thinks! There are far more important things to worry about than these superficial concerns such as what Michelle Obama is going to be wearing....like the ECONOMY....the whole country is about to go down the toilet with the next big flush....and you're concerned about fashion in the White House!!!!?

Posted at 1:44PM on Jan 9th 2009 by Lana

What gets me is YOU are the first kind of person that attacked Palin over her wardrobe because OMG it was a monumental thing.Now You HERO's wife has and she also had back then a wardrobe that cost 100 times as much,enough to feed thousands upon thousands of kids mind you.You have no problem with this???? You are the worst kind of bigotted hypocritical slefish biitch I have ever heard of.People so bigotted and racist as you disgust me.Oh sorry you are not aowed to have a Dollar guy but my friend here that looks different then you but he is of my people..he can hav as much mooney as he wants because WE ARE BETTER THEN YOU PEOPLE ....LOOK UP IN THE DICTIONARY THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD RACIST. IT SAYS YOU!!!!

Kate

Tim Gunn was truly classy in the way in he talked to that camera man. Everyone could learn something about manners and decency from Tim Gunn. A true class act.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments