Halle's Kid

Warm Bundle or PETA Target?

1/15/2009 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So we just had a pretty intense debate in our newsroom this morning over Halle Berry dressing Nahla in some sort of fur in NYC on Wednesday. Some people felt it makes the baby a target for PETA, because it looks like real fur.

0221_media_removed-1
Others felt Halle can do whatever she damn pleases.

Halle's rep says it's "a poly cotton blend of faux shearling." Oh.

!!

For those of you crying out against FUR... do you wear / purchase LEATHER?!

Anteah

Dear, my2.5cent! To answer your genius question. Of course NO! Have you thought about your question before you posted it? For real. I am not trying to be mean.

tlynn

WTF?? So, it's ok to eat beef, chicken, pork, fish, and all that, but it's PETA's belief that it's not ok to where clothing made from animal skin! What a bunch of friggin wacko's, I would imagine headquarters is either in Utah, Oregon or Texas where the rest of the weirdo cult members live!!! Why don't they pay this much attention to the real issues facing the people of this country. Like starving & homeless families w/children, focus on that. Focus on something productive instead of hiding behind something you can't change!!!!

!!

My dear Anthea...

Yes I thought about my question, and IF you have NEVER worn / purchased leather... then you are to be commended for your principles.
HOWEVER... you can bet your FUR-LESS life, there are PLENTY of people on here wearing leather shoes / carrying leather bags / belts / wallets etc... while hypocritically crying out against Halle's choice in fur.

Anteah

DUMBASSES, yes you can change that and we saying exactly the opposite - no, it is not OK to eat meat. Why do we need to spend millions and millions on the industries that are based on suffering of live creatures when animal-free products are cheaper and healthier and produce usable and easily degradable waste? The money we as a nation would save by moving away from expensive animal-farming towards more vegan based sustainable forms could probably feed a small country. Another issue is greed, that can hardly be eradicated with vegetarianism )), but it would certainly help to shift the approach to more empathetic one. If we as human race don't care about the lives of live creatures to the point that we will let them suffer for our enjoyment what does it say about us? At that token what does it matter if it is people or animals? That's an overwhelming tendency of our times. That is why animals are eaten and kids go hungry across the globe...And yes, not immediately and not in a large scale but it can be changed and it is better than nothing.

Catie

Plants are living things too. Oh well...what I eat is my choice, and I don't shove my choices down other people's throats, so I'd appreciate PETA not shoving their choices down everyone else's throats.

tlynn

52. Anteah: How about you do your thing and let everyone else do their thing? If I choose to eat meat, that's my choice. If I choose to wear fur, again my choice. But to criticize someone else because they don't see things as you do is wrong. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unless you are asked for that opinion, why push the issue. Kinda like non-smokers who make a scene over someone smoking. That's not your call to make. Those people know the risks of smoking. Just like everyone knows where fur comes from. Good for PETA, but don't try to push your belief's on others, let those people do as they please.

Anteah

Last 2 posters. I expressed my oppinion. I didn't say do as I say. It would be laughable and pointless.. I said it would be nice if we all would be a little bit more concious and empathetic. Your defensive reactions suggest underlying guilt. I understand .. I ate meat for the 1st 14 years of my life. No need to feel guilty. You do have a free will, that is EXACTLY what i am saying...

tlynn

and your point is what? PETA needs to step back, cause this is one you don't want to run up on. You run up on the wrong one & it could end your life!

tlynn

Anteah, actually I don't feel guilty at all. It would be nice if we were all conscious & empathetic? Who says we aren't?

celebutaunter77

South Park quote in reference to hunting animals...(Jimbo)
"We have to kill them, or they'll die."
HAHAHAHA!!!

Anteah

Tberry... My point is that we all free to make our choices. It would be nice if we made those that don't cause suffering. How can that be confusing? I don't always agree with PETA, and I am paying my membership dues monthly. They usually as a whole have good intentions and they do a lot to create awareness, yet some of their methods are alien to me. PETA doesnt need to step back as much as McDonalds doesn't need to scale down on their "i'm loving it" TV ads. We are all adults and can make our own choices, which however are based predominantly on what knowledge we possess at any given moment. Nurture in my view outweighs nature, at least when it comes to being sensitive to suffering.

anonymous

My question is why is the dad just standing there like a loser and not helping to put HIS child into the seat so she can be safe? He is so stupid...

Tazandra

TMZ knows...duh....that this is NOT fur but they're trying to stir up controversy and get people commenting....I think anyone with half a brain can see this is definitely fake fur. Are you trying to insult our intelligence by trying to make out it is real fur? What a bunch of knuckle dragging high school barely literate dropouts work at TMZ.

voiceofreason

Wow, it takes 3 to put the kid in the car? I remember when my youngest was that age. I did not have a car, but I was able to maneuver by myself a baby, bulky stroller and diaper bag and get on the bus. Must be nice.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments