Ron Howard Kills "Griffith" Reunion

1/22/2009 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ron Howard will never be returning to Mayberry for an "Andy Griffith Show" movie -- unless, by some miracle, Don Knotts decides to make a career comeback from beyond the grave.

Ron Howard: Click to watch

.:Loki 4Ever:.

The Andy Griffith Show is one of the BEST sitcoms of ALL time. My parents grew me up watching it, and I LOVE IT to this day! Mayberry.. a place where you can go and forget all your problems...

Don Knotts was a comedic genius, and the complete casting/writers on this show were excellent!!!! Good Ol' Shows will Never Die.. either will Aunt Bee, Opie, Andy, Barney, Gomer, Ernest T Bass.. etc etc :D

The Dude

The lake in the beginning credits is supposed to be "Franklin Resevoir" up near Mulholland and Coldwater at GPS 34.0947, -118.4109.

Joanne

That's too bad there won't be a reunion. I loved watched "The Andy Griffith Show", along with all the other wholesome shows of the 50's.. Those were the days,,,,,

Joanne

With regards to No, 2, did anyone know that "Carrie" the original, was filmed at the high school I went to, Pacific Palisades High in Pacific Palisades, CA? Fun fact..

Zebedee Doodah

"Andy, we've got to nip it... NIP IT IN THE BUD!"
RIP Don Knotts.

AP

The Andy Griffith Show...from the 50s? Wholesome? Yes. Funny? Absolutely. But it started in 1960.

ex lax

i SURE MISS AUNT BE!

Gia

I know he doesn't like whole Opie thing. A co-worker was telling me a few years back that he saw him somehwere in midtown, I think near Grand Central. He started yelling (really LOUD) 'Hey Opie" "Opie!!1" . I seem to remember him telling me that Ron Howard turned around, gave him a fierce look and also flipped the bird.

PEPSI Generation

Those are some sad sad sorry ass FOlk at sad BUTTss true TMZ....hanging droopy fat ass lazySS.

Lord Xenu

Heres my plot for Ron Howards next movie.

BACK TO THE NOT SO HAPPY DAYS OF MAYBERRY.

Marty McFly leaves his time machine DeLorean at Fonzies auto shop for a tuneup. The Fonz and Richie take it for a test drive and hit 88 miles per hour and end up in Mayberry 2009 at which point they run over Opie (now Mayor of Mayberry). Fonzie just says "Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy 100 points" with thumbs raised. Sheriff Taylor (forced to go back to work after losing his life savings when Enron collapsed) arrives on the scene in a souped up Hoveround Power Chair, arrests the 2 for assault by vehicle.

Meanwhile Opie lies near death due to multiple organ failure. DNA testing is done its discoverd Opie and Ritchie are the same genetically so Andy smothers Ritchie with a pillow and arranges for organ transplants to save Opie. Fonzie discovers what Andy did and runs over Andy with the DeLorean and upon hitting 88 mph ends up in Salem Massachusetts circa 1692 and is burned at the stake for being a witch. The DeLorean is also burned as a tool of the devil. THE END.

rachelle

How could there be a reunion???
Barney is dead, so is Aunt Bee, Helen, Floyd the barbar, Howard, the county clerk, Emmett, the repairman, Ernest T. Bass, Clara, Aunt Bee's friend, and Otis the town drunk

Butterfly

# 11 MITZI. I also love the Andy Griffith Show. I did not know "Helen" died. Had not heard about it. Do you know when and more about it ? Would love to know. Thanks!!!

.:Loki 4Ever:.

#12.. your best bet is to look at IMDB on the internet... just put in Andy Griffith Show and you can check the cast on who has and has not passed away!

#5.. hhahahaha. NIP IT IN THE BUD!!! lol

p51d007

Oh look! It's dopie Opie! Takes after his dad...bald as a cue! His last good acting job was The Andy Griffith show.
The "bird" episode was one of the best. I watch those old shows on TVLAND daily, but Opie has become another big time
LIBERAL hollywierd nutjob.

Butterfly

# 13 THANKS FOR TIP, I'LL DO THAT!!! Many, many thanks!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments